Depression?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Depression?
A short spell of depression is not at all an unusual thing either.

Sturm - Hitler never got elected, he came to power because he was appointed. I wouldn't compare Trump to Hitler - I'd compared him to the other candidates. Anyway, Trump won fairly - or at least as fairly as the US Presidential system allows. Note that Bernie Sanders has accepted the result and plans to work cooperatively with the Trump administration where their policy goals align:

He doesn't seem worried by Trump's erratic behaviour. So yeah, let's wait and see if a composed presidential Trump emerges or not before passing judgement.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2016, 05:16 AM
(13-11-2016 04:43 AM)Aractus Wrote:  Sturm - Hitler never got elected, he came to power because he was appointed. I wouldn't compare Trump to Hitler - I'd compared him to the other candidates. Anyway, Trump won fairly - or at least as fairly as the US Presidential system allows. Note that Bernie Sanders has accepted the result and plans to work cooperatively with the Trump administration where their policy goals align:

I kinda know that you know. I was merely pointing out that even though there are similarities in "manipulating people" to get to power, the alarming resemblance doesn't mean that the rest of the history will be the same. I didn't intend on discussing history since this is not the place and was not the point of my remark. I have also been worried about this election and I write here the basis of my reasoning that makes me try not to worry to much about it : people have changed. I don't believe anything similar to what happened in Germany is likely to happen again. We live in a far better world than it was half a century ago, and I think a lot of people would refuse to see their country engaging in war, and follow blindly (or because they didn't have the choice) a leader as people did all along history.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't think so, that's why even if the prospect of big international conflict is terrifying, I don't believe it could happen. Even with a crazy leader that would intend on doing that, the people wouldn't follow.
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2016, 05:18 AM
This is personal issues and support.

I'm insane on drugs. What's your excuse?

Take it elsewhere.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-11-2016, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 07:25 AM by Aractus.)
(edit) My apologies Dom.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
13-11-2016, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 07:24 AM by Dom.)
I feel better today - only a part of me is numb.

I credit my dogs. They are surely the best investment of money and time I have ever made.

I smoked some weed yesterday and took them for a stroll in the woods. Their obvious joy and affection snapped me out of it. Maybe the weed had to do with it too.

I am very glad I am old - and had the privilege of being born into a peaceful and prosperous era. I have done my part taking to the streets for gay rights, women's rights, legalization of pot and against war. It took decades for these things to unfold - but the catalyst for change is always some people making a lot of noise about it. I am glad I got to be part of that.

Time for me to hand over the torch. I am glad to see the current youth has the guts to go out there and protest peacefully (a handful of troublemakers excepted as always).

Me - I don't know yet whether I will spend much time now trying to help set the course of history in the world's favor. My health sets distinct limitations now.

I am finding my equilibrium again. To those who posted about continued battles with depression - I might suggest some sort of animal companion, if you like animals in general. It is nothing short of amazing how they can affect your state of mind. (Not as replacement of medical help, but as a supplement to it).

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2016, 07:46 AM
(13-11-2016 07:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  I feel better today -

I am finding my equilibrium again. To those who posted about continued battles with depression - I might suggest some sort of animal companion, if you like animals in general. It is nothing short of amazing how they can affect your state of mind. (Not as replacement of medical help, but as a supplement to it).

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I have been back on meds for a few weeks and realize that I should have gone back on them sooner.

As for animals...I can't imagine coming into the house and not being greeted by my crew. Though I miss Chop terribly and losing Lady was hard...there is nothing quite like the exuberance of Ziggy, who is a fluffy ball of love, to make things better. Karma is a huggy dog and even the mostly aloof cat comes running when I get home (I lie to myself that it's not just for the treats he will be getting).

Chewy has now mastered Ziggy's funny 'woo woo woo' bark. Last night working on crafts at the table, Zeus watched while hanging upside down in his cage.

Though none of them are officially therapy/support animals...they are all therapy/support animals. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-11-2016, 06:07 AM
I can only agree that animals (dogs) are a really good therapy. They support you all day and keep you active. It helped me also a lot in my darker times. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Flami22's post