Derek Season 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Derek Season 2
Is anyone else as excited as I am for the second season of Derek?

When I finally shrugged off religion and theistic beliefs, I felt like I could finally and genuinely be a kind person. As many smarter atheists than I have said, if you're only kind and charitable because of your fear of hell, you're probably a complete asshole.

I love that Ricky Gervais is an atheist and, with the character of Derek, he's written one of the most kind and loving TV characters of all time. Bring on the second season!

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 05:33 AM
RE: Derek Season 2
Yup, gotta say I feel an affinity with the boy (Reading connection) and it's good to see him doing quite well for himself Smile

But if I may ask a favour: spoilers please... for those of us who have not had the pleasure of the first season yet.

Cheers.

29-03-2014, 09:53 AM
I've only watched a few episodes of the first season, but I loved them! I keep forgetting to watch them since I just have them on netflix instant. Funny and heartwarming Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
29-03-2014, 10:34 AM
(29-03-2014 05:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, gotta say I feel an affinity with the boy (Reading connection) and it's good to see him doing quite well for himself Smile

But if I may ask a favour: spoilers please... for those of us who have not had the pleasure of the first season yet.

Cheers.

The only thing that I'll give away is that Karl Pilkington is a surprisingly good actor!

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
29-03-2014, 01:48 PM
The bloopers are brilliant.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2014, 02:33 AM
Yes yes yes Smile I love Derek! I have just re-watched series one, twice, and now can't wait for series two. I've loved Ricky Gervais since he had a little slot on The 11 O'clock Show back in the 1990's.

I work with a few people who think he's arrogant and hate him but they are church people so that may have something to do with it. I think he gets off a little bit on people thinking that. But me...I think he's an amazing writer, actor, comedian and his shows rank highly on my favourite list, also recently re-watched Extras. I saw him live a couple of years ago and my face ached the next day I had laughed so much.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais