Desalination Plants in California

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Desalination Plants in California
(11-09-2014 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Southwest

What was that thing I said?

Ah, either way it's desert when not acted upon by mankind, and semi-desert when acted upon by mankind. Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
12-09-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 01:57 PM by jamin.)
Just heard on public radio this year has been the hottest and driest in 120 yrs in CA...I live in Santa Monica very close to the Pacific and since May this year my fan has been going.......never need A/C and a fan occasionally in the fall when the santa anas hit us.

We can cough up trillions for killing wars but for water.....ummmmmmmmmmm

Bunch of political A-Holes for sure.....I am thinking of never voting again....I've voted all my life but at 76 I'm burned on them all,,,,

I too agree on the over population of the planet and at one time wanted to join the ZPG group but how futile that would be...spinning my wheels on the population overgrowth....

It's a mess for sure but I'll hang in until??????????
12-09-2014, 07:19 PM
(11-09-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 01:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's totally NUTS that there ISN'T a long string of desal plants up and down the coast.

Yes, but you see, desalinisation costs money.

Whereas mortgaging the future on empty aquifers costs nothing.

Yabut solar powered, or wave powered desal plants make huge long-term sense for the planet, and the Mulholland aqueducts are SO dangerously antiquated. I am amazed the Gates Foundation, or one of the biggies hasn't taken on watering the planet as a major project.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.