Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
(04-04-2016 02:00 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  We get it, no atheist should have any morality if it doesn't agree with religious morality.

The religious don't have a monopoly on morality. No matter what ol' TommyBoy believes.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 02:04 PM
(04-04-2016 01:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  For instance, your very first post on here:
"Good is whatever is beneficial to you. Do whatever it is you feel like doing, if you think it's worth it.

All other codes and rules are just arbitrary, and can be ignored at will."

There are atheists on here presenting their view and you, a theist, presenting the load of shit I quoted above. When you post a straw manned version of someone else's position that you don't adhere to, you are no different than a troll or a poe.

Nope, I'm arguing for that position myself. I'm not attributing it anyone here. If you take issue with it, then I'd want to hear your objections to it, and I'll defend it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 02:05 PM
(04-04-2016 02:04 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  For instance, your very first post on here:
"Good is whatever is beneficial to you. Do whatever it is you feel like doing, if you think it's worth it.

All other codes and rules are just arbitrary, and can be ignored at will."

There are atheists on here presenting their view and you, a theist, presenting the load of shit I quoted above. When you post a straw manned version of someone else's position that you don't adhere to, you are no different than a troll or a poe.

Nope, I'm arguing for that position myself. I'm not attributing it anyone here. If you take issue with it, then I'd want to hear your objections to it, and I'll defend it.

But you don't believe it, poe.

*and you wonder why you are labeled as dishonest Laugh out load *

-Rick
04-04-2016, 02:11 PM
(04-04-2016 02:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 02:04 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Nope, I'm arguing for that position myself. I'm not attributing it anyone here. If you take issue with it, then I'd want to hear your objections to it, and I'll defend it.

But you don't believe it, poe.

I'll await your defense.

It's a unorthodox means of pointing out a variety of contradictions and incoherencies with atheists moral views. It's me taking on Stevil's, and Matt's positions, and arguing it better.

The intentions is not to provoke an emotional response, it just to cut out the baggage and diversions, and get to meat of the topic.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 02:13 PM
(04-04-2016 02:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 02:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  But you don't believe it, poe.

I'll await your defense.

It's a unorthodox means of pointing out a variety of contradictions and incoherencies with atheists moral views. It's me taking on Stevil's, and Matt's positions, and arguing it better.

The intentions is not to provoke an emotional response, it just to cut out the baggage and diversions, and get to meat of the topic.

You are an admitted Poe.

You aren't arguing anything better. You are spewing out straw men versions of positions you don't adhere to.

-Rick
04-04-2016, 02:16 PM
How many times do you need to be told that your positions are patently false and full of shit, before you'll admit to straw manning positions you don't believe because you're a poe/troll?

-Rick
04-04-2016, 02:40 PM
(04-04-2016 02:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How many times do you need to be told that your positions are patently false and full of shit, before you'll admit to straw manning positions you don't believe because you're a poe/troll?

The attempts to argue otherwise are contradictory and incoherent, It's why some have took on a song and dance routine arguing that morality is neither subjective or objective.

If morality is subjective, than no position on morality can be false, anymore so than it's false that Justin Bieber is a good singer. For you to believe otherwise, is just your cognitive dissonance.

When you can actually compose an argument otherwise let me know. If not I'll wait for others to do so.

04-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Tomato, tomato, potato, potato, lets call the whole thing off.
04-04-2016, 02:46 PM
(04-04-2016 02:40 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 02:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How many times do you need to be told that your positions are patently false and full of shit, before you'll admit to straw manning positions you don't believe because you're a poe/troll?

The attempts to argue otherwise are contradictory and incoherent, It's why some have took on a song and dance routine arguing that morality is neither subjective or objective.

If morality is subjective, than no position on morality can be false, anymore so than it's false that Justin Bieber is a good singer. For you to believe otherwise, is just your cognitive dissonance.

When you can actually compose an argument otherwise let me know. If not I'll wait for others to do so.

Straw man.

I'm going to call you Scarecrow

-Rick
04-04-2016, 03:14 PM
My thoughts on the topic of morality line up with stevils.

That being said, my personal code is simple: "Be kind."

Stealing from my neighbor isn't being kind. Torturing animals isn't being kind. Leaving the earth a mess isn't being kind to future generations. As long as I'm here for the party on this rock, I'm doing my best to make it the best experience for myself and those around me. In the end nothing matters, but in the present moment it does. It's not as much fun when everyone is going around being dicks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman