Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
(05-04-2016 07:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I like that.

If I'm not making people uncomfortable then I'm not doing it right.

You have been compared to both cancer and crabs. Yet you think you are doing it "right"???

Sorry to burst your bubble but, no.

What do summer zodiac nonsense things have to do with it?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-04-2016, 08:04 AM
(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yet, it's not really an authority. You can point to the state, the local and federal government as an authority, the laws they enforce, and penalize violators for.

Yes, it is a secular authority. That's all we experience, unless you want to provide evidence for something else.

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But what does society have beyond this? Public shaming? Think of this little corner as one fraction of a society, perhaps there's some influence here on how you behave, your actions, your words, affected by your desire for esteem by your peers. If you don't particularly care for the esteem of individuals here, than you'd likely have more freedom in your interactions.

For the record: I am interacting with you with full knowledge that you are not arguing honestly. You are practice. Just like PhaQ. Practice for the arguments and discussions that matter. So, to continue...

What else does society need? Financial punishments, social ostracism, restrictions of freedoms. That pretty much covers it. If you want to focus on this site, it is essentially the same. It changes nothing.

Until you demonstrate an authority other than secular, your arguments are pointless.

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Also, no one really seems to consider society when it comes to real moral problems that arise, no one particularly imagines that they should avoid stealing because society will frown upon them.

That would be the purpose of fines, jail, etc., wouldn't it?

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Just like you care little of my opinion and the opinions of others like myself, whether or not we represent a good portion of society. I doubt when considering having an affair, you'll be thinking of the low opinion I'd have of you.

First, I care little for your opinion because you, by your admission and actions, are here only to troll.
Secondly, I return the question: When you come here to lie and provoke and troll, do you think of how that will affect you?

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Is Rape something you see beneficial to yourself, is it something you desire to do, but refrain yourself from doing because society would frown upon it, and because of the risk of prosecution and jail time? I doubt it.

Drinking Beverage How very noble of you.

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm asking you personally, why you take issue with the idea of a Good, conceived of as that which is beneficial for you.

Because such a "good" has never been evidenced.
Because the purveyors of such "good" have committed every atrocity we can conceive of.
Because of the sheer numbers of liars and hypocrites among the believers of such "good".

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Can you think of something you see as beneficial for yourself, where the cost outweighs the risks for you, that you desire to do, but avoid doing because of societies opinion.

Because while I am a selfish, poorly evolved primate, I am mature enough to understand that my fellow selfish, poorly evolved primates have worth. That they matter, and that their needs equal or outweigh my own.

(05-04-2016 06:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Perhaps not, perhaps what you see as beneficial for yourself, also benefit the whole. So perhaps it's not subscribing to this belief personally that's an issue? Is it just others subscribing to it that you have an issue with?

Your views are inherently selfish. You do not ascribe any value to anyone but yourself. You ignore society and base everything on a scale of what you can get away with against the weight of the repercussions.

You assign these values to atheists, ignoring the fact that believers of all faiths routinely behave in this manner.

As I, and many others, have noted, you post dishonestly which is against all ethical codes.

You routinely commit logical fallacies, the strawman being a particular favorite.

You ignore most questions directed at you and prevaricate, dodge and lie on the few you do deign to answer.

Worse, even when confronted with direct evidence of your dishonesty, you deny or ignore it altogether.

And since your logical discourse seems limited to "no it's not" and various strawman fallacies, it seems that you are not even worthy of practice.

So I have a question for you, personally:

Why should I or anyone else on this site continue to interact with you?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-04-2016, 08:06 AM
(05-04-2016 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If I desired to coddle you, or be an uncle tom, than no I wouldn't be doing it right. If I prefer to exploit and tap at the lines between atheism and theism, I expect people to be uncomfortable. Particularly folks who don't like the religious all that much to begin with.

And as far as I remember any theists, even the innocuous catholic feel like crabs to you. You have delicate temperament. And TbD is just a lame misanthrope. So it comes with the territory.

You're an Uncle Tom? When are we? You picture yourself as a Louis Armstrong?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-04-2016, 08:20 AM
(05-04-2016 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your dishonesty is a shining example of the convoluted logic of the religious mind. Were I to seek out an insult for you, I could do no better than to call you a christian.

And you're a caricature, a poster boy for angry atheists everywhere. People might mistakingly associate your unpleasantness with your atheism, but you're just an overall unpleasant human being, and it seems constant. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever pointed that out to you.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
05-04-2016, 08:22 AM
(05-04-2016 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your dishonesty is a shining example of the convoluted logic of the religious mind. Were I to seek out an insult for you, I could do no better than to call you a christian.

And you're a caricature, a poster boy for angry atheists everywhere. People might mistakingly associate your unpleasantness with your atheism, but you're just an overall unpleasant human being, and it seems constant. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever pointed that out to you.

[sarcasmfont]You can read my emotional state through a computer?!!!! Gasp You must truly be a clairvoyant!

That or you're making some major assumptions from no evidence, but you don't ever do that, do you? [/sarcasmfont]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2016, 08:25 AM
(05-04-2016 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

You are a poster boy for ISIS.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
05-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Why are you here, TommyBoy? Does it make you feel better about yourself and your religious bullshit to engage in dishonest discussions and insult hurling with atheists? Do you not believe that a genuine and meaningful discussion requires honesty and integrity? How can you have an honest discussion, if you lie about not generating religious/theistic claims in your preaching? (I say preaching because thus far, you don't discuss or debate anything as that requires a back and forth discussion. You simply spout off your views and expect them to be accepted without debate)

Edit: I want to be perfectly transparent here, I hurl insults your way because you are a dishonest theist on an atheist site who is an admitted Poe and typical troll. You hurl insults because...you feel threatened?

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2016, 08:45 AM
(05-04-2016 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You have been compared to both cancer and crabs. Yet you think you are doing it "right"???

Sorry to burst your bubble but, no.

If I desired to coddle you, or be an uncle tom, than no I wouldn't be doing it right. If I prefer to exploit and tap at the lines between atheism and theism, I expect people to be uncomfortable. Particularly folks who don't like the religious all that much to begin with.

Uncomfortable? No.

Annoyed? Yes.

You are annoying in many ways - your presumptions, your generalizations, your lack of reading comprehension, your lack of critical thinking skills, and so on.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-04-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 09:06 AM by Tomasia.)
(05-04-2016 08:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Edit: I want to be perfectly transparent here, I hurl insults your way because you are a dishonest theist on an atheist site who is an admitted Poe and typical troll. You hurl insults because...you feel threatened?

You hurl insults because you don't have a choice in the matter, you can't help yourself.
Just like every other unpleasant shithead who can't help but take their shit out on others. You might try and making it sound more noble, but you're just a dickhead, not some protector of forum integrity. I doubt you'd be proud to have you son look at your behavior here, or describing it as something he should emulate.

I don't tend to hurl insults at people routinely. I might annoy people, but I don't often try and insult them. You're just a special case here.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
05-04-2016, 10:04 AM
(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Edit: I want to be perfectly transparent here, I hurl insults your way because you are a dishonest theist on an atheist site who is an admitted Poe and typical troll. You hurl insults because...you feel threatened?

You hurl insults because you don't have a choice in the matter, you can't help yourself.
Just like every other unpleasant shithead who can't help but take their shit out on others. You might try and making it sound more noble, but you're just a dickhead, not some protector of forum integrity. I doubt you'd be proud to have you son look at your behavior here, or describing it as something he should emulate.

I don't tend to hurl insults at people routinely. I might annoy people, but I don't often try and insult them. You're just a special case here.

Laugh out load
I actually tell you why I do something, but you arrogantly assume you know more about my motivations than I do. You should start telling people's fortunes!

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post