Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You hurl insults because you don't have a choice in the matter, you can't help yourself.
Just like every other unpleasant shithead who can't help but take their shit out on others.

Your description sounds familiar:
(05-04-2016 07:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If I'm not making people uncomfortable then I'm not doing it right.
You come here to provoke and make people uncomfortable.

(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You might try and making it sound more noble, but you're just a dickhead, not some protector of forum integrity.
So what does that make you?

Are you some noble philosopher saint? Come to preach you subtle but inspired wisdom to the heathens?

After you tell us what we believe?
After you tell us what our opinions are?

What does that make you? Dickhead? Hypocrite? Liar?

Oh, and what happened to "turn the other cheek"? I don't remember jesus calling anyone a dickhead.

Seriously, you fucking ass, you come here to "make people uncomfortable" then call names when they get upset. What the fuck is the matter with you?

(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I doubt you'd be proud to have you son look at your behavior here, or describing it as something he should emulate.
When you're done judging, feel free to take a long, hard look in a mirror. I would say honest look, but I know that is an unfamiliar concept for you.

(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't tend to hurl insults at people routinely. I might annoy people, but I don't often try and insult them. You're just a special case here.
As you have been told, many times, you do insult people. When you strawman their arguments, misconstrue their points and assign them unfavorable opinions, all so that you pitiful arguments make sense.

That is insulting.
You have been informed of that, so when you deny it, that makes you a liar. Again.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-04-2016, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 01:59 PM by Full Circle.)
(05-04-2016 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You have been compared to both cancer and crabs. Yet you think you are doing it "right"???

Sorry to burst your bubble but, no.

If I desired to coddle you, or be an uncle tom, than no I wouldn't be doing it right. If I prefer to exploit and tap at the lines between atheism and theism, I expect people to be uncomfortable. Particularly folks who don't like the religious all that much to begin with.

Speaking only for myself (should go without saying but around here theist tend to lump what one atheist says with what all atheists think) you are a sincere but misguided individual under the misconception that you are somehow making a difference by bringing the "truth" to atheists.

I have read a great deal of what you have posted and have yet to find anything you have written that gave me pause, much less made me uncomfortable.

It is my position that until incontrovertible evidence is presented to substantiate you theistic positions everything else is but mental masturbation. This isn't meant as a personal attack but rather a wake up call to you and others who come here without evidence and proceed to put on a show with smoke and mirrors in the hope of making themselves feel better and leave feeling that they have accomplished something positive in the name of __________ (fill in the blank).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
05-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Same here. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable with this guy arent this arguments but his despicable character (lying, weaseling, strawmanning, ignoring on purpose, etc.). These "usual suspects" all show pretty much the same defects in character.

His arguments are either mental masturbation, dishonest, straw mans, long ago and million times debunked, pulled out of his ass, gets me bored quite fast tbh. Nothing new under the sun. Its entirely plausible that these people are doing this rather for themselves than anything else, maybe for the sensation of being "persecuted", which seems to be a very strong desire/need in their petty lives.

One of the reasons i came in here was to get new arguments from theists, because all the known (to me) ones i found utterly intellectually disappointing. Yet, what i got (mostly) is an even bigger disappointment, not so much about the lack of persuasive power of the presented arguents in here, but that the people presenting them are seemingly so deluded and disgusting that i wouldnt have believed it, even if one would have told me beforehand (i grew up and am living in a very non-religious environment).

The only people who have honestly engaged in discourse, tough discurse, but at least intellectually competent and honest, were atheists (or recent deconverts) from what i have seen on this forum so far. I particularly enjoy the threads of new deconverts and the fact that they seemed to have escaped a real bad mental prison, something i hardly can imagine as an (almost) life long non-believer.
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
05-04-2016, 11:37 AM
I'm seeing a theme here about people's opinions on you TommyScareCrow. Do you get the feeling that maybe people don't like dishonest individuals who engage in conversations just to preach? That maybe being a dishonest theist on an atheist site isn't actually doing anything other than reinforcing the stereotype of the dishonest and manipulative/lying preacher?

If you are indeed here to keep that characature propped up, keep going because you are doing a wonderful job Thumbsup

If you actually do want conversation, you're going to have to completely alter the way in which you do it. Because I have never seen you engage on this forum with honest or transparent intent. And it doesn't sound like anyone else has either (there are a few who haven't interacted with you much who don't know, but they need only search your post history).

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2016, 12:23 PM
(05-04-2016 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your dishonesty is a shining example of the convoluted logic of the religious mind. Were I to seek out an insult for you, I could do no better than to call you a christian.

And you're a caricature, a poster boy for angry atheists everywhere. People might mistakingly associate your unpleasantness with your atheism, but you're just an overall unpleasant human being, and it seems constant. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever pointed that out to you.
He's unpleasant to dishonest pedantic wankers, and to those of us who ACTUALLY care about honesty he's quite a good fellow.
Maybe be less of a cunt??

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
05-04-2016, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 12:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-04-2016 07:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Tomasia is like crabs! Urgh!

I like that.

If I'm not making people uncomfortable then I'm not doing it right.

You're not making GirlyMan uncomfortable. None of your dialogue here makes me uncomfortable. You cannot make me uncomfortable. Pretty arrogant to think you could. You're not doing it right.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-04-2016, 12:27 PM
(05-04-2016 12:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And you're a caricature, a poster boy for angry atheists everywhere. People might mistakingly associate your unpleasantness with your atheism, but you're just an overall unpleasant human being, and it seems constant. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever pointed that out to you.
He's unpleasant to dishonest pedantic wankers, and to those of us who ACTUALLY care about honesty he's quite a good fellow.
Maybe be less of a cunt??

I can be quite charming to regular wankers!

-Rick
05-04-2016, 12:27 PM
(05-04-2016 10:04 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 08:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You hurl insults because you don't have a choice in the matter, you can't help yourself.
Just like every other unpleasant shithead who can't help but take their shit out on others. You might try and making it sound more noble, but you're just a dickhead, not some protector of forum integrity. I doubt you'd be proud to have you son look at your behavior here, or describing it as something he should emulate.

I don't tend to hurl insults at people routinely. I might annoy people, but I don't often try and insult them. You're just a special case here.

Laugh out load
I actually tell you why I do something, but you arrogantly assume you know more about my motivations than I do. You should start telling people's fortunes!

He does that all the damn time, pretending to know more about people's thoughts than they do. It's a typical christian attitude.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
(05-04-2016 12:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 10:04 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Laugh out load
I actually tell you why I do something, but you arrogantly assume you know more about my motivations than I do. You should start telling people's fortunes!

He does that all the damn time, pretending to know more about people's thoughts than they do. It's a typical christian attitude.

Yeah, it is yet another character flaw of his I've pointed on numerous times before. He's like a broken record.

-Rick
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
(05-04-2016 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  What's often meant by society, is to see it like a community, for whom the majority might share certain moral views with each other, while not agreeing on everything that they consider wrong. The views on abortion might be split, but not that it's wrong to torture babies just for fun, where most people in a society would agree.

You might be an outlier here, but it's not presented as absolute, but as a majority view.
The thing is, we cannot say that the morality of society is assessed by evaluating the majority opinion.

Morality doesn't work that way.

If Jane lives within a society and within that society the majority of people see eating meat as moral but Jane being a Vegan sees eating meat as being immoral. Jane will not accept, that being part of this society, that eating meat is moral. She does not recognise a "morality of society". The only people that make a claim as to "the morality of society" are those that agree with the majority on this particular topic. They project their own moral belief and use society to substantiate their own belief, as if the numbers make their own belief all the more real, important or true.

Society doesn't have a morality.

You could say that the majority of people within such and such a society believes that X is immoral. But you can't say that the morality of that society is such that X is immoral.

Society doesn't have a morality.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post