Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
How many times has ol' TommyBoy had morality explained to him on here? Consider

And yet, he still continues to assert load after load of generic theist bullshit Laugh out load
[Image: lbc-dh1.gif]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 09:21 AM
"For the sake of discussions, just treat me as one who lacks a belief in a variety of things you possibly believe in. That I'm refraining from making any positive religious claims all together. Sound good?"

Laugh out load

You AREN'T refraining from making religious claims when you claim objective morality exists. Laugh out load

-Rick
04-04-2016, 09:25 AM
(04-04-2016 09:21 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You AREN'T refraining from making religious claims when you claim objective morality exists. Laugh out load

No, I refrained from making religious claims, when I refrained here from claiming that objective morality exists.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 09:27 AM
(04-04-2016 09:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:21 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You AREN'T refraining from making religious claims when you claim objective morality exists. Laugh out load

No, I refrained from making religious claims, when I refrained here from claiming that objective morality exists.

Objective morality is a religious claim.

Firmly grab your shoulders and pull until your head is free of your rectum.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-04-2016, 09:31 AM
(04-04-2016 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, I refrained from making religious claims, when I refrained here from claiming that objective morality exists.

Objective morality is a religious claim.

Yes, it's also a claim which I refrained from making here. Keep up.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 09:37 AM
(04-04-2016 09:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Objective morality is a religious claim.

Yes, it's also a claim which I refrained from making here. Keep up.

I see you've edited your posts Drinking Beverage

So morality is subjective then? You finally accept this?

-Rick
04-04-2016, 09:44 AM
(04-04-2016 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, it's also a claim which I refrained from making here. Keep up.

I see you've edited your posts Drinking Beverage

I've already addressed that here, so read through the past few posts. Keep up.

04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
(04-04-2016 09:44 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I see you've edited your posts Drinking Beverage

I've already addressed that here, so read through the past few posts. Keep up.

Answer the questions, dodger

-Rick
04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(04-04-2016 09:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I doubt you'll be able to tell me much of anything about the supposed God I believe in, or much of anything about my religious beliefs, or even my own moral views. But you can go on right ahead with your assumptions, that's fine by me.

Oh? I was under the impression that you were a christian. Am I incorrect?

If you are a xtian, then by default the bible is the cornerstone of that faith.
It is perfectly reasonable to infer that a Christian believes in the bible. If you claim to be a xtian and deny the bible, then it is your obligation to clarify that.

By asking you those questions, I was trying to clarify your position and determine your morale stance.

In other words, I was doing the exact opposite of what you accuse me of. Try to keep up, ok?

Now, if you are done with your strawmen, we can continue. Or are there other fallacies you'd like to trot out?

(04-04-2016 09:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  For the sake of discussions, just treat me as one who lacks a belief in a variety of things you possibly believe in. That I'm refraining from making any positive religious claims all together. Sound good?

No, actually. Your posts here are echoing posts you've made in other threads. You've denied the validity of secular morality by claiming that an egocentric morality is equally valid to a secular system of law and morals.

This is patently absurd and visibly refuted in everyday life. While our justice system is far from perfect, it does work. Compare it to religious morals, which are essentially meaningless. No rewards will be seen and no punishments suffered.

Even worse, religious morals vary widely even between members of the same faith. Outright contradictions, misunderstood traditions, direct manipulations, outdated beliefs. That is the extent of religious law.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-04-2016, 10:34 AM
(04-04-2016 09:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 08:42 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Because last I checked, those were okay according to your god...

I doubt you'll be able to tell me much of anything about the supposed God I believe in, or much of anything about my religious beliefs, or even my own moral views. But you can go on right ahead with your assumptions, that's fine by me.

And yet, you do precisely that with atheists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post