Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
(04-04-2016 01:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, you didn't address it.

Do you believe morality is subjective?

Or, are you presenting a straw man of the subjective position to pretend you are arguing from? (being a Poe)

I lack a belief that morality is subjective.

You believe morality is objective but are straw manning subjective morality.

That much is obvious, I just wanted to make sure you said it. Thumbsup

And yet, you claim to not be presenting your religious-based objective morality? Consider

It seems your bias is too deep for you to notice, even though everyone is pointing it out for you Laugh out load

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 01:13 PM
(04-04-2016 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I lack a belief that morality is subjective.

You believe morality is objective but are straw manning subjective morality.

And yet, you claim to not be presenting your religious-based objective morality? Consider

It seems your bias is too deep for you to notice, even though everyone is pointing it out for you Laugh out load

I lack a belief that morality is subjective, and I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists. Is that too difficult to understand?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 01:15 PM
(04-04-2016 01:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You believe morality is objective but are straw manning subjective morality.

I lack a belief that morality is subjective, and I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists. Is that too difficult to understand?

It isn't difficult to figure out what you believe, I just want to make sure you explicitly say it so that your dishonesty is transparent.

Is morality objective?

-Rick
04-04-2016, 01:17 PM
(04-04-2016 01:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I lack a belief that morality is subjective, and I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists. Is that too difficult to understand?

It isn't difficult to figure out what you believe, I just want to make sure you explicitly say it so that your dishonesty is transparent.

Is morality objective?

As I said I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists, regardless of what you may assume I believe or don't believe.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 01:18 PM
(04-04-2016 01:17 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It isn't difficult to figure out what you believe, I just want to make sure you explicitly say it so that your dishonesty is transparent.

Is morality objective?

As I said I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists, regardless of what you may assume I believe or don't believe.

I'm explicitly asking you what you believe. Is it that hard for you to be honest that you can't type "yes" or "no" into the textbox and hit 'submit'?

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-04-2016, 01:23 PM
(04-04-2016 01:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:17 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  As I said I have no positive religious claims to argue or defend with atheists, regardless of what you may assume I believe or don't believe.

I'm explicitly asking you what you believe. Is it that hard for you to be honest that you can't type "yes" or "no" into the textbox and hit 'submit'?

I have no positive religious claims to make or defend with atheists. So there's your answer.

04-04-2016, 01:24 PM
(04-04-2016 01:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm explicitly asking you what you believe. Is it that hard for you to be honest that you can't type "yes" or "no" into the textbox and hit 'submit'?

I have no positive religious claims to make or defend. So there's your answer.

It isn't an answer to any question I have asked. You may as well have told me your favorite color or exactly how far up your ass your head is.

Objective morality exists (circle one):
Yes
No

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-04-2016, 01:28 PM
(04-04-2016 01:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm explicitly asking you what you believe. Is it that hard for you to be honest that you can't type "yes" or "no" into the textbox and hit 'submit'?

Tomasia has made it clear at multiple points that he is not actually here because he has a point to make or any specific beliefs that he thinks are worth defending. He is here to say whatever comes into his mind in order to observe the reaction. This is why conversations with him are so rambling and disjointed. He literally does not have a position.

Or, at least, he doesn't care to make it clear, because that would involve actually engaging in a discussion.

It's just trolling, and it's why I don't bother with this sort of thing any more.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
04-04-2016, 01:28 PM
(04-04-2016 01:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I have no positive religious claims to make or defend with atheists. So there's your answer.

You've already attempted to do so in other threads.

Poe.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-04-2016, 01:30 PM
(04-04-2016 01:28 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Tomasia has made it clear at multiple points that he is not actually here because he has a point to make or any specific beliefs that he thinks are worth defending. He is here to say whatever comes into his mind in order to observe the reaction. This is why conversations with him are so rambling and disjointed. He literally does not have a position.

Or, at least, he doesn't care to make it clear, because that would involve actually engaging in a discussion.

It's just trolling, and it's why I don't bother with this sort of thing any more.

No, I think he has a belief in this instance (and does so in all instances) but is dishonest to the point that he can't admit his beliefs.

-Rick