Describe an Atheist Moral Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 01:43 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: Describe an Atheist Moral Code
(04-04-2016 01:28 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm explicitly asking you what you believe. Is it that hard for you to be honest that you can't type "yes" or "no" into the textbox and hit 'submit'?

Tomasia has made it clear at multiple points that he is not actually here because he has a point to make or any specific beliefs that he thinks are worth defending. He is here to say whatever comes into his mind in order to observe the reaction. This is why conversations with him are so rambling and disjointed. He literally does not have a position.

Or, at least, he doesn't care to make it clear, because that would involve actually engaging in a discussion.

It's just trolling, and it's why I don't bother with this sort of thing any more.

No, the point is I'm not interested in arguing or defending any of my religious views with atheists, that's cut and dry. What I am interested in non-religious discussions, about topics like morality, etc...

I have made a variety of non-religious claims, and I'm open to discussing those only. Call it my means of avoiding atheists ADHD.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 01:35 PM
(04-04-2016 01:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:28 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Tomasia has made it clear at multiple points that he is not actually here because he has a point to make or any specific beliefs that he thinks are worth defending. He is here to say whatever comes into his mind in order to observe the reaction. This is why conversations with him are so rambling and disjointed. He literally does not have a position.

Or, at least, he doesn't care to make it clear, because that would involve actually engaging in a discussion.

It's just trolling, and it's why I don't bother with this sort of thing any more.

No, the point is I'm not interested in arguing or defending any of my religious views with atheists, that's cut and dry. What I am interested in non-religious discussions, about topics like morality, etc...

I have made a variety of non-religious claims, and I'm open to discussing those only.

Then your existence here is nothing more than that of a troll

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
04-04-2016, 01:40 PM
(04-04-2016 01:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then your existence here is nothing more than that of a troll

I don't think seeking to only discuss topics that don't involve defending my religious beliefs constitutes as trolling.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-04-2016, 01:48 PM
(04-04-2016 01:40 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then your existence here is nothing more than that of a troll

I don't think seeking to only discuss topics that don't involve defending my religious beliefs constitutes as trolling.

But you aren't discussing topics absent your religious views and biases. You just aren't admitting your religious bullshit and are trying to mask it as secular dialogue.

This is why you can't engage with anyone on here in an honest way. You are a dishonest troll, Troll.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-04-2016, 01:49 PM
(04-04-2016 01:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  But you aren't discussing topics absent your religious views....

I've done exactly that, in fact I've argued as if objective morality does not exist.

04-04-2016, 01:51 PM
(04-04-2016 01:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  But you aren't discussing topics absent your religious views....

I've done exactly that, in fact I've argued as if objective morality does not exist.

No, you haven't. You've presented straw manned interpretations of secular morality to compare to objective morality.

-Rick
04-04-2016, 01:54 PM
For instance, your very first post on here:
"Good is whatever is beneficial to you. Do whatever it is you feel like doing, if you think it's worth it.

All other codes and rules are just arbitrary, and can be ignored at will."

There are atheists on here presenting their view and you, a theist, presenting the load of shit I quoted above. When you post a straw manned version of someone else's position that you don't adhere to, you are no different than a troll or a poe.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-04-2016, 01:56 PM
(04-04-2016 01:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I've done exactly that, in fact I've argued as if objective morality does not exist.

No, you haven't. You've presented straw manned interpretations of secular morality to compare to objective morality.

I'll wait for others to actually address the points i've made, and ignore the subsequent attempts to have me defend claims that I did not make.

04-04-2016, 01:59 PM
(04-04-2016 01:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 01:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, you haven't. You've presented straw manned interpretations of secular morality to compare to objective morality.

I'll wait for others to actually address the points i've made, and ignore the subsequent attempts to have me defend claims that I did not make.

Laugh out load

Your straw men don't seem to interest people.

-Rick
04-04-2016, 02:00 PM
We get it, no atheist should have any morality if it doesn't agree with religious morality.