Desperately need tips on losing weight?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 06:04 PM
So I m a 20 year old female, I m 5 4" (almost 5 5") and I m 142 pounds. This is really unusual to me and it feels uncomfortable because normally I range from 117lbs to 128lb . The biggest I ve ever been aside from now was 130lbs. I m also a model and I ve stopped modeling for the past 3 months from lack of self esteem. I got out of an abusive relationship at the end of 2014 and then 2015 I just couldn t seem to stop eating, I normally eat moderately healthy but then I started eating everything. I literally felt like I had no self control. Now I m in a much better relationship but now I have this excess weight. I don t look as big as I weigh surprisingly, people always compliment me and tell me I have a nice body and all that stuff, but I can tell I ve gained weight and that bothers me.
Im not sure how to lose weight because I ve never needed to, so my question is what should I be eating or not eating? I usually eat some pasta during the week, or I ll have salmon and rice, or a wrap, or salads. I drink a lot of smoothies, but I lack in the water area. I don t drink enough water, in fact I forget to. My target weight is 120-125lbs. Does running help? I used to have a gym membership but then it closed down. I feel super embarrassed for asking this question but I could really use some personal tips! Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Desperately need tips on losing weight?
Really the best thing you can do is just watch calories and pay very close attention to recommended serving sizes. You dont HAVE to cut anything out completely.

Now that being said its worked to get me down 40 pounds. But I have stalled. If anyone can give me tips on how to get over the slump that would be appreciated.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-02-2016, 06:31 PM
(29-02-2016 06:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Really the best thing you can do is just watch calories and pay very close attention to recommended serving sizes. You dont HAVE to cut anything out completely.

Now that being said its worked to get me down 40 pounds. But I have stalled. If anyone can give me tips on how to get over the slump that would be appreciated.

Hot, steamy sex. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Doesn't matter what you eat. All that matters is calories in vs calories out. You can lose weight while eating nothing but fast food every day.

I'd say try losing weight at 1500 cals a day. It's up to you, though. Change it if you are really hungry or if you think you can go lower.

Carbs, like in brown rice and oats, will help you feel full, but you also need protein and fats; try to get all macronutrients in your meals.

Some example meals:

Breakfast: 3/4 cup oats at 225 cals. 1 banana at about 90 cals. 3 (large) eggs at 240 cals.
Total: 555 calories.

Dinner: 3/4 cup brown rice at 480 cals. Cook 2 carrots and 1 cup frozen peas at about 190 calories in with the rice.
Total: 670 calories.

Look at nutrition labels; know how many calories you're eating

BTW, what are in those smoothies? Are you making them yourself? How many a day do you have? And drink water FFS.
[+] 4 users Like Gilgamesh's post
29-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Drink 2 glasses of water an hour before a meal, and eat a salad then. By the time it's time to eat, you won't be so hungry and happy with a small portion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-02-2016, 09:15 PM
(29-02-2016 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 06:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Really the best thing you can do is just watch calories and pay very close attention to recommended serving sizes. You dont HAVE to cut anything out completely.

Hot, steamy sex. Drinking Beverage

I literally have sex every single day, and I'm pretty sure that's what's keeping me toned and muscular haha
29-02-2016, 09:33 PM
(29-02-2016 06:57 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Doesn't matter what you eat. All that matters is calories in vs calories out. You can lose weight while eating nothing but fast food every day.

I'd say try losing weight at 1500 cals a day. It's up to you, though. Change it if you are really hungry or if you think you can go lower.

Carbs, like in brown rice and oats, will help you feel full, but you also need protein and fats; try to get all macronutrients in your meals.

Some example meals:

Breakfast: 3/4 cup oats at 225 cals. 1 banana at about 90 cals. 3 (large) eggs at 240 cals.
Total: 555 calories.

Dinner: 3/4 cup brown rice at 480 cals. Cook 2 carrots and 1 cup frozen peas at about 190 calories in with the rice.
Total: 670 calories.

Look at nutrition labels; know how many calories you're eating

BTW, what are in those smoothies? Are you making them yourself? How many a day do you have? And drink water FFS.

No I don't make it myself but I'd be open to that if anyone had any good recipes. My friend who has turned crazed health nut has suggested the Bolthouse Farms smoothie to me, I drink the strawberry/banana one and it has 14 servings of fruit with no sugar added. Its also got 3 pears and 3 1/2 apples in it. The servings per container are about 6.
All fat is 0g, cholesterol 0g, sodium 15mg, potassium 210mg, total carbohydrate 32g, dietary fiber 3g, sugar 28g, and protein 1g. There's also 2% Vitamin A, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%, and Vitamin C 100%. Is this okay? Haha
29-02-2016, 09:34 PM
(29-02-2016 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  Drink 2 glasses of water an hour before a meal, and eat a salad then. By the time it's time to eat, you won't be so hungry and happy with a small portion.

Thank you for the tips! What kind of salad do you suggest?
29-02-2016, 09:38 PM
This seems really obvious to me....you said you ate healthy, then started eating everything. Go back to eating the way you did, and you'll go back to weighing what you did.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Eat live bugs. You will lose weight quickly.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post