Desperately need tips on losing weight?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Desperately need tips on losing weight?
(29-02-2016 06:04 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  So I m a 20 year old female, I m 5 4" (almost 5 5") and I m 142 pounds. This is really unusual to me and it feels uncomfortable because normally I range from 117lbs to 128lb . The biggest I ve ever been aside from now was 130lbs. I m also a model and I ve stopped modeling for the past 3 months from lack of self esteem. I got out of an abusive relationship at the end of 2014 and then 2015 I just couldn t seem to stop eating, I normally eat moderately healthy but then I started eating everything. I literally felt like I had no self control. Now I m in a much better relationship but now I have this excess weight. I don t look as big as I weigh surprisingly, people always compliment me and tell me I have a nice body and all that stuff, but I can tell I ve gained weight and that bothers me.
Im not sure how to lose weight because I ve never needed to, so my question is what should I be eating or not eating? I usually eat some pasta during the week, or I ll have salmon and rice, or a wrap, or salads. I drink a lot of smoothies, but I lack in the water area. I don t drink enough water, in fact I forget to. My target weight is 120-125lbs. Does running help? I used to have a gym membership but then it closed down. I feel super embarrassed for asking this question but I could really use some personal tips! Thank you!

Good Morning,

First off, I'm glad that you're in a more healthy relationship - That's awesome! As far as the weight loss goes, it can be really confusing with all the different opinions and methods out there, but it doesn't have to be.

The simple answer is to put yourself in a caloric deficit. Which basically means that you are burning more calories than you are eating. First thing: find out your Basel Metabolic Rate; this is the amount of calories your body burns if you are in a coma (just google it). Then you'll have a baseline to start from.

Secondly, eat less calories and more times throughout the day. I'll leave it to you to decide what to eat. The internet is full of info. Also, you mentioned drinking water, you sort of have to do that as well. I know its hard, actually its one of the most difficult things for me as well, but worth it in the long run.

And finally, work your ass off at the gym. There's a saying that really motivates me. It goes something like this: "Sweat like a pig, so you look like a fox!" Hell yeah, I don't why, but that really gets me fired up - Lol. And if you don't have a gym, just work hard, nothing comes easy. I hope this helps!

BTW, I know that in your chosen industry a certain waist and weight are really important. But, aside from that, I think you look fantastic based on you icon pic. So do it for yourself, not anyone else! Have a great day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 01:19 PM
(01-03-2016 04:48 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  First: When ever you're hungry tell yourself, "YAY, I'm not overeating!"

Second: Snacks, fresh veggies are great. Carrots, celery, things like that.

Third: I keep a small bowl of salad dressing beside my plate. I dip my fork into that and then hit the salad. You'd be surprised how little dressing you need to perk up that bowl of weeds.

And for you US veterans, check out the MOVE program at your local VA facility.

I tried your method of eating salad, with dressing by my plate and it worked great!!! Thanks for the advice
03-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(01-03-2016 12:09 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 06:04 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  So I m a 20 year old female, I m 5 4" (almost 5 5") and I m 142 pounds. This is really unusual to me and it feels uncomfortable because normally I range from 117lbs to 128lb . The biggest I ve ever been aside from now was 130lbs. I m also a model and I ve stopped modeling for the past 3 months from lack of self esteem. I got out of an abusive relationship at the end of 2014 and then 2015 I just couldn t seem to stop eating, I normally eat moderately healthy but then I started eating everything. I literally felt like I had no self control. Now I m in a much better relationship but now I have this excess weight. I don t look as big as I weigh surprisingly, people always compliment me and tell me I have a nice body and all that stuff, but I can tell I ve gained weight and that bothers me.
Im not sure how to lose weight because I ve never needed to, so my question is what should I be eating or not eating? I usually eat some pasta during the week, or I ll have salmon and rice, or a wrap, or salads. I drink a lot of smoothies, but I lack in the water area. I don t drink enough water, in fact I forget to. My target weight is 120-125lbs. Does running help? I used to have a gym membership but then it closed down. I feel super embarrassed for asking this question but I could really use some personal tips! Thank you!

Good Morning,

First off, I'm glad that you're in a more healthy relationship - That's awesome! As far as the weight loss goes, it can be really confusing with all the different opinions and methods out there, but it doesn't have to be.

The simple answer is to put yourself in a caloric deficit. Which basically means that you are burning more calories than you are eating. First thing: find out your Basel Metabolic Rate; this is the amount of calories your body burns if you are in a coma (just google it). Then you'll have a baseline to start from.

Secondly, eat less calories and more times throughout the day. I'll leave it to you to decide what to eat. The internet is full of info. Also, you mentioned drinking water, you sort of have to do that as well. I know its hard, actually its one of the most difficult things for me as well, but worth it in the long run.

And finally, work your ass off at the gym. There's a saying that really motivates me. It goes something like this: "Sweat like a pig, so you look like a fox!" Hell yeah, I don't why, but that really gets me fired up - Lol. And if you don't have a gym, just work hard, nothing comes easy. I hope this helps!

BTW, I know that in your chosen industry a certain waist and weight are really important. But, aside from that, I think you look fantastic based on you icon pic. So do it for yourself, not anyone else! Have a great day.

Thank you for the advice, I currently don't have a gym but I will be running and doing things like that to make up for that fact. Thanks for the compliment Smile
09-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Maybe you answered this already but do you workout at all and if so what type of workout?
09-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Find an activity/exercise you enjoy doing. Make a list of all the foods you like to eat and look for healthy/healthier alternatives. Allow yourself a cheat meal. Get enough sleep. Think about what your triggers are or what is causing you to overeat and come up with alternative ways to handle triggers. For example, if you eat when you are stressed, find a healthy activity to channel your stress and do that instead when the urge to overeat arises. There are online diet/workout calculators where you can plug in your height/weight/age/activity level etc. and it will give you the amount of calories you will need to lose weight/maintain weight. Don't starve yourself whatever you do or your metabolism will slow to a stand still--also not healthy for you.

On a side note, I think you said you weigh 140? Definitely not at a point where you desperately need to lose weight, imo. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post