Destroy a faith in one sentence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: Destroy a faith in one sentence
(02-11-2014 01:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 12:48 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Jesus Christ is the best documented ancient historical figure in all of history, from His time back. The manuscripts are CENTURIES more contemporaneous to the life of Christ than anything YOU can get for Alexander the great.

Actually, this is YOUR claim so YOU need to prove it. Drinking Beverage

(02-11-2014 01:30 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I have tons...

Produce it or STFU.

Can you comprehend what you read? I said I will. I want angela to commit her mouth again.

Ask her why the earliest documentation for Alexander is approximately 1500 years after the lifetime of Alexander, and why the documentation for Christ extends as far back as being within 10 years of His crucifixion...

The documentation for Christ is MASSIVELY superior over Alexander in number or sources AND contemporaneous to the respective lifetimes.

Does she malign people who believe in Alexander then? Does she believe Alexander existed? If so WHY the double standard in scholarship? Why does she accept the inferior documentation over the superior?

She wants to open her mouth having put no research into this, let her research something and get off the lazy ass parroting of false propaganda.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 01:44 PM
5th grade science education.
[+] 1 user Likes Mage The Entertainer's post
02-11-2014, 01:45 PM
(02-11-2014 01:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:30 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I have tons, and you can bet I certainly will rebut anything she thinks she can provide. I intend on letting her make an even BIGGER fool of herself first... shes so damned arrogant she needs brought down a notch and I'm just the man to do it.

That's not the way it works. You made an assertion, now provide your evidence.

Shaddup and let her talk for herself... let her show all the bullshit she is basing this on. She made the assertion that Jesus isn't well documented, she can do a bit of research or herself... I'm thinking it'll be the first shes actually done on the subject. Everything shes said so far only proves she knows ZIP about this
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
(02-11-2014 01:43 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Actually, this is YOUR claim so YOU need to prove it. Drinking Beverage

Produce it or STFU.

Can you comprehend what you read? I said I will. I want angela to commit her mouth again.

Ask her why the earliest documentation for Alexander is approximately 1500 years after the lifetime of Alexander, and why the documentation for Christ extends as far back as being within 10 years of His crucifixion...

The documentation for Christ is MASSIVELY superior over Alexander in number or sources AND contemporaneous to the respective lifetimes.

Does she malign people who believe in Alexander then? Does she believe Alexander existed? If so WHY the double standard in scholarship? Why does she accept the inferior documentation over the superior?

She wants to open her mouth having put no research into this, let her research something and get off the lazy ass parroting of false propaganda.

I comprehend just fine.

1) She never mentioned Alexander the Great.
2) YOU made a claim.

You don't get the make the rules.

You say you have tons of evidence and, so far, all you've produced is tons of hot air. Frankly, I think you're full of shit and you've got nothing. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Nothing funnier than an angry troll that's lost it Smile
02-11-2014, 01:52 PM
(02-11-2014 01:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:43 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Can you comprehend what you read? I said I will. I want angela to commit her mouth again.

I comprehend just fine.

2) YOU made a claim.

You say you have tons of evidence and, so far, all you've produced is tons of hot air. Frankly, I think you're full of shit and you've got nothing. Drinking Beverage

Do I give one shit what you think ?? Not 1 Smile

She makes the claim theres no evidence for Christ? She is either completely ignorant of the subject or intentionally deceiving. There is no 3rd option. I prefer to think she is just ignorant of the subject.

I see she is being awfully quiet hoping her defenders will save her ass... but its not going to happen. Let her explain why she accepts inferior documentation for Alexander yet believes he existed.

I'm not posting shit for evidence until she can show me she has any documentation AT ALL for alexander. I cant stand lazy and inaccurate so called scholarship... its nothing but parroted propaganda.
02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
(02-11-2014 01:49 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Nothing funnier than an angry troll that's lost it Smile

You're a very naughty girl and I love you very much Heart

Hate the belief, love the believer.
02-11-2014, 01:54 PM
(02-11-2014 01:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not the way it works. You made an assertion, now provide your evidence.

Shaddup and let her talk for herself... let her show all the bullshit she is basing this on. She made the assertion that Jesus isn't well documented, she can do a bit of research or herself... I'm thinking it'll be the first shes actually done on the subject. Everything shes said so far only proves she knows ZIP about this

You are the one who made a claim about Alexander.

Go read some real historiography.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 01:56 PM
(02-11-2014 01:49 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Nothing funnier than an angry troll that's lost it Smile

Heres 6 sources you little parrot or propaganda... now match it with 6 for alexander that are closer to his lifetime than the evidence for Christ.

Extrabiblical sources proving Jesus lived... 6 so far :

Suetonius (c. A.D. 69 - c. A.D. 140)

Lives of the Caesars - Claudius, sec. 25:

Quote:
Since the Jews constantly made disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from Rome.

Lives of the Caesars - Nero, sec. 16

Punishment was inflicted on the Christians, a class of men given to a new and mischievous superstition.

Julius Africanus

Quote:
Chronography, XVIII refers to writings by Thallus and Phlegon concerning the darkness during the Crucifixion:

On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun...Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Caesar, at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth - manifestly that one of which we speak.

Tacitus Roman historian

Quote:
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators

Pliny

Quote:
"They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up;

Lucian

Quote:
"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. . . . You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property."

http://www.facingthechallenge.org/josephus.php

Modern scholarship has largely acknowledged the authenticity of the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" [12] and considers it as having the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.[13][1][2][14][15][16]

In his writings, Josephus mentions the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and the Herodians. He mentions Caiaphas, Pontius Pilate, John the Baptist, Jesus (twice) and James the brother of Jesus. He also mentions the Essenes - the strict religious sect within Judaism that founded the Qumran community, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. In fact, Josephus says that he spent some time with the Essenes.

From book 18 of the Antiquities, 63-64:

Quote:
About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed it is lawful to call him a man, for he was a performer of wonderful deeds, a teacher of such men as are happy to accept the truth. He won over many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the leading men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those who had loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again on the third day, as the prophets of God had foretold these and ten thousand other wonders about him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct to this day.'
02-11-2014, 01:56 PM
(02-11-2014 01:52 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 01:46 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I comprehend just fine.

2) YOU made a claim.

Do I give one shit what you think ?? Not 1 Smile

She makes the claim theres no evidence for Christ? She is either completely ignorant of the subject or intentionally deceiving. There is no 3rd option. I prefer to think she is just ignorant of the subject.

I see she is being awfully quiet hoping her defenders will save her ass... but its not going to happen. Let her explain why she accepts inferior documentation for Alexander yet believes he existed.

I'm not posting shit for evidence until she can show me she has any documentation AT ALL for alexander. I cant stand lazy and inaccurate so called scholarship... its nothing but parroted propaganda.

She has nothing to defend. You made a claim that you haven't backed up. Until you do, she SHOULD remain quiet because there is nothing to defend against. That's how it works genius.

Oh, and by the way, you need to learn what contemporary means. "Centuries more contemporaneous" makes no sense. Speaking of ignorance.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post