Destroy a faith in one sentence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Destroy a faith in one sentence
(02-11-2014 02:44 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ... Now debunk them and prove Alexander existed... Why do you believe in Alexander the great?

I suppose the Persian empire collapsed of its own accord, did it?

(02-11-2014 02:44 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You have no documentation from his lifetime... yours is 1500 years later

You're not even being internally consistent. You refer to the age of manuscripts when it comes to Plutarch or others, and you insist on a minority ahistorical dating of the gospels despite the oldest extant manuscripts of those writings being several centuries later...

Are you even trying?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
(02-11-2014 02:44 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You haven't quoted a damned thing... just posted a link and said "read"...

So can we add lying to your list of crimes? Or shall we stick with not actually reading what people say before responding?

(02-11-2014 04:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Bottom of left hand column p 283

http://amygdala.psychdept.arizona.edu/pubs/emo.pdf

Quote:Rather, emotion can be seen as (and possibly characterized by) continuous patterns of neuromodulation of certain sets (systems) of brain structures.
02-11-2014, 02:51 PM
(02-11-2014 02:48 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  No Biblical scholar believes that any of the gospels were eyewitness accounts or were written by Jesus' disciples.

I have demonstrated that you are entirely wrong about Alexander.

How? by saying "hu uh it isn't so"? Don't be ignorant. You've only demonstrated you have no source closer to 1500 years for Alexander and that youre biased regarding the documentation for Christ within 10 years of his resurrection.

Where are your scholarly sources? zero... none, zip, nada You've got nothing so far

Sources proving Jesus lived? 6 non biblical historians, and thousands of manuscripts from 50 AD to 300 AD...

Sources for alexander so far? 2, and I had to provide them FOR YOU GUYS... and they are 1500 years removed from Alexander...

So demonstrate getting off your ass to find something scholarly to debunk this.... thatll keep you busy because there isn't anything CREDIBLE to debunk it, and your opinion minus reputable sources count for shit.

Are you really this stupid and dishonest? Chas provided those references. Others have also provided references.

None of what you believe to be so is so; you are wrong every time you post.
02-11-2014, 02:53 PM
(02-11-2014 02:45 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  We have the original financial records of Lucius Caecilius Iucundus, who lived around the same time that Jesus is claimed to. He's far better documented. And by original I mean the original wax tablets.

But you have nothing for alexander? nothing at all? And how do your few records equal the many thousands that exist for Christ?

Alexander was the greatest Greek ruler of all times... nearly ruled the entire world. You have no documentation or him? How is it he was so important and you have nothing for him until 1500 years after his death?
02-11-2014, 02:54 PM
(02-11-2014 02:51 PM)Rik Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:48 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  How? by saying "hu uh it isn't so"? Don't be ignorant. You've only demonstrated you have no source closer to 1500 years for Alexander and that youre biased regarding the documentation for Christ within 10 years of his resurrection.

Where are your scholarly sources? zero... none, zip, nada You've got nothing so far

Sources proving Jesus lived? 6 non biblical historians, and thousands of manuscripts from 50 AD to 300 AD...

Sources for alexander so far? 2, and I had to provide them FOR YOU GUYS... and they are 1500 years removed from Alexander...

So demonstrate getting off your ass to find something scholarly to debunk this.... thatll keep you busy because there isn't anything CREDIBLE to debunk it, and your opinion minus reputable sources count for shit.

Are you really this stupid and dishonest? Chas provided those references. Others have also provided references.

None of what you believe to be so is so; you are wrong every time you post.

HOW did he proven them? post a link and say "read"? My ass... do it right or don't post
02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
(02-11-2014 02:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:44 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You haven't quoted a damned thing... just posted a link and said "read"...

So can we add lying to your list of crimes? Or shall we stick with not actually reading what people say before responding?

(02-11-2014 04:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Bottom of left hand column p 283

http://amygdala.psychdept.arizona.edu/pubs/emo.pdf

Do you even know what thread youre posting in mathilda? lmao... youre posting this in the wrong thread... you wanted to post this in the emotion thread Tongue

Youre so credible Smile

02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
(02-11-2014 02:53 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:45 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  We have the original financial records of Lucius Caecilius Iucundus, who lived around the same time that Jesus is claimed to. He's far better documented. And by original I mean the original wax tablets.

But you have nothing for alexander? nothing at all? And how do your few records equal the many thousands that exist for Christ?

Alexander was the greatest Greek ruler of all times... nearly ruled the entire world. You have no documentation or him? How is it he was so important and you have nothing for him until 1500 years after his death?

You continue to ignore the citations I provided. And what "thousands of records" exist for Jesus? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
(02-11-2014 02:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You're not even being internally consistent. You refer to the age of manuscripts when it comes to Plutarch or others, and you insist on a minority ahistorical dating of the gospels despite the oldest extant manuscripts of those writings being several centuries later...

Are you even trying?

Are you not comprehending? The earliest gospel dated to the mid first century... tell me what that means lol.. Do you know?

02-11-2014, 02:58 PM
(02-11-2014 02:53 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  But you have nothing for alexander? nothing at all? And how do your few records equal the many thousands that exist for Christ?

I haven't made any claims for Alexander the Great.

And continuing with the theme of contemporary evidence that's better than that of Jesus, here are photos of the actual bodies of Ramesses II and Tutankhamen:

[Image: 1280px-RAMmummy.jpg]

[Image: Head-of-the-mummy-of-King-Tutankhamun-photo.jpeg]

Hate the belief, love the believer.
02-11-2014, 02:58 PM
(02-11-2014 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:53 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  But you have nothing for alexander? nothing at all? And how do your few records equal the many thousands that exist for Christ?

You continue to ignore the citations I provided. And what "thousands of records" exist for Jesus? Facepalm

I noted your links with no quotes accompanying them to back you up... get your quotes and get off the lazy bullshit.