Destroy a faith in one sentence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Destroy a faith in one sentence
(02-11-2014 02:56 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Do you even know what thread youre posting in mathilda?

Of course. But I have to hold you to account when you lie.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:00 PM
(02-11-2014 02:57 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You're not even being internally consistent. You refer to the age of manuscripts when it comes to Plutarch or others, and you insist on a minority ahistorical dating of the gospels despite the oldest extant manuscripts of those writings being several centuries later...

Are you even trying?

Are you not comprehending? The earliest gospel dated to the mid first century... tell me what that means lol.. Do you know?

The earliest (and historically inaccurate) gospel is textually dated to the late first century.

To be consistent, you would have to compare textual dates for ancient sources on Alexander.

Instead you have compared textual dates - incorrect ones, but whatever - to manuscript dates.

The corresponding standard would be to recognise that the earliest extant manuscripts of the gospels date to the mid fourth century.

There is no way such a disingenuous comparison is accidental - that is, I am fairly sure that not even you are going to attempt to claim that the texts attributed to Diodorus were written as forgeries in Medieval times. Therefore I conclude you simply don't care about honesty.

Keep on Lyin' for Jesus, bud. It's really endearing.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(02-11-2014 02:56 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So can we add lying to your list of crimes? Or shall we stick with not actually reading what people say before responding?

Do you even know what thread youre posting in mathilda? lmao... youre posting this in the wrong thread... you wanted to post this in the emotion thread Tongue

Youre so credible Smile

She is. You're not.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
02-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(02-11-2014 02:58 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:53 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  But you have nothing for alexander? nothing at all? And how do your few records equal the many thousands that exist for Christ?

Alexander was the greatest Greek ruler of all times... nearly ruled the entire world. You have no documentation or him? How is it he was so important and you have nothing for him until 1500 years after his death?

I haven't made any claims for Alexander the Great.

And continuing with the theme of contemporary evidence that's better than that of Jesus, here are photos of the actual bodies of Ramesses II and Tutankhamen:

[Image: 1280px-RAMmummy.jpg]

[Image: Head-of-the-mummy-of-King-Tutankhamun-photo.jpeg]

And? We can reasonably believe that is tut, but none of can actually prove it isn't another body... There are THOUSANDS of mummies... but we're talking about written documentation... there are not thousands of ancient pieces of documentation for Alexander.

Now prove Alexander is better documented than Christ...

02-11-2014, 03:02 PM
(02-11-2014 03:01 PM)Rik Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:56 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Do you even know what thread youre posting in mathilda? lmao... youre posting this in the wrong thread... you wanted to post this in the emotion thread Tongue

Youre so credible Smile

She is. You're not.

Says another one with no documentation to debunk anything or prove anything... youre just as credible as she is at this point.
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
(02-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  . there are not thousands of ancient pieces of documentation for Alexander.

Protip:
[Image: LysimachusCoinWithHornedAlexander.jpg]

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
(02-11-2014 02:58 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  You continue to ignore the citations I provided. And what "thousands of records" exist for Jesus? Facepalm

I noted your links with no quotes accompanying them to back you up... get your quotes and get off the lazy bullshit.

Wow, you're too fucking lazy to follow a link?

Where are your "thousands of records" for Jesus?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 03:04 PM
(02-11-2014 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:58 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I noted your links with no quotes accompanying them to back you up... get your quotes and get off the lazy bullshit.

Wow, you're too fucking lazy to follow a link?

Where are your "thousands of records" for Jesus?

... and more importantly, why hasn't he quoted them in-thread? Smile
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
(02-11-2014 03:01 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Now prove Alexander is better documented than Christ...

I haven't claimed that. How about you prove Hannibal Barca and Augustus Caesar are not as well documented as Christ?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
02-11-2014, 03:26 PM
(02-11-2014 03:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:57 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Are you not comprehending? The earliest gospel dated to the mid first century... tell me what that means lol.. Do you know?

The earliest (and historically inaccurate) gospel is textually dated to the late first century.

Wrong... 50 AD
http://www.dts.edu/read/wallace-new-test...t-century/

Not only this, but the first-century fragment is from Mark’s Gospel. Before the discovery of this fragment, the oldest manuscript that had Mark in it was P45, from the early third century (c. AD 200–250). This new fragment would predate that by 100 to 150 years.

AND the gnostic gospels also date to the mid first century

^^^Going by the earlier estimates this places Mark at 50 AD

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...agels.html

Some reasoned that since these gospels were heretical, they must have been written later than the gospels of the New Testament, which are dated c. 60-l l0. But recently Professor Helmut Koester of Harvard University has suggested that the collection of sayings in the Gospel of Thomas, although compiled c. 140, may include some traditions even older than the gospels of the New Testament, "possibly as early as the second half of the first century" (50-100)--as early as, or earlier, than Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John.

^^^ this article dates Mark as 60 AD and says the Gnostic gospels probobly predate this, as early as 50 AD

Quote:Instead you have compared textual dates - incorrect ones, but whatever - to manuscript dates.

The corresponding standard would be to recognise that the earliest extant manuscripts of the gospels date to the mid fourth century.

We have manuscripts form 50 ad up... we have thousands within the time from that alexander has 2 that we've seen so far Smile ... and I had to provide those FOR you lay people Smile