RE: Destroy a faith in one sentence
(03-11-2014 03:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Back on-topic

There is no Hell in the Bible

Yes, there must be no hell in the bible! Ohmy

How else do we get...

"The First No Hell, the Angels did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay ..."

Yes

Was that the first christmas reference this year on TTA?

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-11-2014, 08:20 AM
(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  That's been answered... Do you or do you not believe Alexander existed?

Since the argument is not about the existence of Jesus, your question about Alexander is not material.

The discussion is about the veracity of the Biblical stories, which are unsupported by any evidence whatsoever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm afraid I have to rant, because after reading twelve fucking pages of this crap I'm fairly angry.

I'm fairly convinced that our friend here is a troll, and at the very least dishonest. The first assertion is that Jesus is the most documented person in antiquity. However realizing that this is ridiculous he has fixated on one person. In theory this is more defensible, since choosing a specific person rather than allowing all of antiquity to shoot down his claim is more defensible. But he chose fucking Alexander of Macedonia! I mean jeez, if you want a good case why not Socrates?

To compound this wolf LIED outright about the earliest reference to Alexander, who died around 320 bc, being 1500 years after his death. Before I googled I knew that Julius Caesar, who died in 45 BC, referenced Alexander. Hell, Horace has mentions of Alexander. This date of less than 250 years after Alexander's death proves that Wolf is lying. And I know that he has to know this because a basic knowledge of western history and Greece and Rome is required for all junior high students in this country.

But a quick google search showed that while the primary sources might have been destroyed with the destruction of the library there are references at least sources that were contemporary to him mentioning him and his feats. Contemporary. Fucking. Sources. Not to mention the coins, cities, and public fucking records. And, as others have mentioned, THE FALL OF THE FUCKING PERSIAN EMPIRE.

Meanwhile you have provided six sources for your Jesus, none of which was contemporary, and only one of which mentions Jesus, and that one was not an impartial observer and the text might be a forgery anyway.

I do believe that Jesus existed. I believe it based on circumstantial evidence. And I am willing to admit that the evidence is circumstantial and weak. But I'm honest about it.

Stop fucking lying and own up to your mistake. I can respect belief, I can respect religion, but at least be honest about it.
[+] 10 users Like natachan's post
03-11-2014, 09:51 AM
(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Now THATS hilarious too lol. Really you guys need to stop making me laugh now...

I find that the amount of laughing and giggling in a debate is directly proportional to lack of knowledge and confidence. Drinking Beverage

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  When you people mock Christ to the point you have to lie about Him and propagandize, things are getting quite sad for you. But when you get caught up in it along with angela merkels arrogance... It makes setting you straight quite fun.

What's arrogant is you coming in here with no point at all, refusing to look at linked articles that show you're wrong, playing dishonest games that attempt to manipulate us to suit your agenda, presenting sources with no credibility and most without links to where you got them from, and then claiming you are setting us straight. Facepalm

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You guys pride yourselves and slap each other on the backs telling everyone youre geniuses... it seems half of you don't even know how to google. Most of you aren't even capable of getting legit sources and quotes... You guys spout your bullshit parroted propaganda and call it your "learned" scholarly knowledgeand THEN you get called on it and most of them just disappear, lmao..

Speaking of Googling, you really should try it some time. Drinking Beverage

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  So... Jesus is better documented than Alexander the great... by a? HUGE friggin landslide....

And you've provided zero credible sources. One would think, out of "thousands" and a "landslide" you could provide at least ONE credible source.

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  To prove several things... your scholarly bias, your double standards for what is acceptable as evidence... to prove to every reader that while you reject and mock Christ even though he is mentioned by major historians, moreso than Alexander the great. Jesus has MULTIPLE MANY THOUSANDS of fragments and manuscripts, Alexander has 6 in the same time period... AND I had to provide those 6 for you guys... Iv had to correct their claimed dates. And the documentation for Christ reaches back to approximately 10 years from the time of His crucifixion, whereas the closest document documenting Alexander is 1500 years removed from his lifetime. So you tell me why its relevant whether or not you believe Alexander existed, when you say the documentation for Christ is not enough documentation.

So you admit you aren't here to discuss the topic, but to derail and insert your agenda. That's called trolling.

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Why do you care about Christ if you claim he didn't exist? Why are you guys misrepresenting the evidence to the point of lying about it? And no approximately 10 years isn't inaccurate whatsoever.

It is you who is lying. You keep repeating 10 years after the crucifixion, yet you also said your thousands of manuscripts date from 50 AD to 300 AD. That puts 50 AD as the earliest date. Aside from whether that claim is even accurate, by your dates, that makes the time frame at best 17 years. NOBODY believes Jesus died after 33 AD. Do the math. (But then, of course, there is still the matter of the accuracy of both 33 AD and 50 AD.)

(03-11-2014 01:56 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Absolutely right... and so far you guys have lost what little you were had. Propaganda, inaccurate propaganda at that. Parroted inaccurate propaganda does not lend you credibility.

You can't assess credibility when you're too arrogant and lazy to even read the links and sources provided to you. But don't let the facts stand in the way of your imagination. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-11-2014, 10:01 AM
(02-11-2014 08:57 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 06:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  *I've*

*I've*

*there's*

*EARLIEST*

That's right IV been the one providing ALL the documentation for BOTH sides... what if it? Tongue

Do you believe Alexander the great existed and why?

*I've*

*of*

I do believe Alexander the Great existed. I also believe that Jesus existed. I do not believe that either of them was a god. Not sure why the first two things even matter. This thread has much more to do with item #3 (was Jesus God?), which has nothing at all to do with Alexander the Great.
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
To OP since the massive derail.

have you been reading what wolfbitn writes?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Destroy a faith in one sentence.

My little red wagon is full of fruits.
Anyone lose their faith ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
05-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Back on topic again! Yay!

Religious experience is a result of temporal lobe epilepsy.
05-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I always find it odd people with the strongest faith... the rambling protesters who take to the street or aggression based on their convictions based on nothing are deemed crazy by those of the "normal" levels of faith.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post