Destroy a faith in one sentence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: Destroy a faith in one sentence
(18-10-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 08:48 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Do you have any fucking clue why you're allowed to use logic?

Because logic is a human invention and we're humans.

But how do you know that? Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 09:22 AM
(18-10-2014 08:48 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You can't use logic 'cause you got no fucking clue what it even is. There.

Do you have any fucking clue why you're allowed to use logic?

For a Christian you have rude potty mouth. I think it is time for you the hit the confessional to atone for your sins.
18-10-2014, 09:23 AM
(18-10-2014 09:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because logic is a human invention and we're humans.

I know the history of the development of logic; it was all people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I find it interesting how certain theists will latch on to one idea and beat it to death even though those ideas are resoundedly shown to have no merit. With diddo its "God gave us logic", with Heywood it was "God is love".

Just an observation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-10-2014, 09:38 AM
(18-10-2014 09:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because logic is a human invention and we're humans.

How are you able read that sentence or reply to it ?
How do you know what letters to push ?
How do you even know if the name people call you is your real name ?

Are you a puppet for god ? God is the only one who knows stuff, so you can't know anything. You are an empty puppet shell for god.
That's the only answer that makes any sense.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
18-10-2014, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 10:08 AM by Mathilda.)
As usual diddo97 comes along and deliberately tries to derail a thread with meaningless questions that make no sense in order to drown out anything that might prove difficult for his faith.

Diddo97 should have a thread all to himself that all the derailed threads can be split off and merged into.

Found this from Full Circle's thread called 'My "religious" collection' and thought it should be posted here as well

(17-10-2014 07:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  40 questions to ask a Christian
(Watch the apologists squirm)
http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/40-Qu...-Christian
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(18-10-2014 09:36 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I find it interesting how certain theists will latch on to one idea and beat it to death even though those ideas are resoundedly shown to have no merit. With diddo its "God gave us logic", with Heywood it was "God is love".

I'm thinking it's because of the way they build up their 'world view'.

They don't start with an open mind unlike critical thinkers. They start with a conclusion that they want to prove to themselves. They stop as soon as they minimise cognitive dissonance. This is why they place such importance on faith. If you ask questions then you need to find more convoluted explanations so everything fits together nicely again.

Another reason for having a thread such as this to collect all the damning questions and facts that theists would prefer to ignore.
18-10-2014, 05:34 PM
(16-10-2014 07:29 AM)wazzel Wrote:  You are not going to destroy the faith of a religious person with one sentence, or even make the question anything. Most do not want to even consider questioning and are not interested in knowing more. If one sentence makes a person question their faith, chances are they already were.

This.

Be true to yourself. Heart
18-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Your God will watch you put a gun to your head and do nothing. Could you watch your child put a gun to their head and do nothing ?

You are more compassionate, more caring, more loving and more alive than your god will ever be.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
18-10-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 07:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-10-2014 08:48 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You can't use logic 'cause you got no fucking clue what it even is. There.

Do you have any fucking clue why you're allowed to use logic?

'Cause, unlike you, I been trained in it. Silly uneducated ignorant dildo.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post