Detroit declares bankruptcy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 11:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Detroit declares bankruptcy
(18-07-2013 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, dear.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/353...ling-beard

Like last week. You been asleep for a week, Mr. Van Winkle ?

Ever been there ? I went skiing in N. Michigan once, and made the mistake of driving through Detroit. It's THE most depressing place on Earth. Endless miles of graffitied, littered, filthy freeways. Worse than East LA.
BUT, go under the river, a couple miles away, to Widsor, Ontario, and you're on a different planet. All of a sudden you're in a beautiful English town, with neat clipped English gardens everywhere. Like night and day. I would NEVER go back to Detroit.

And Muffs may be wrong. If they dump the debt in bankruptcy, and set up a realistic budget, this dude on NPR was saying it would be easier for them to get credit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 10:01 PM
(25-07-2013 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Ever been there ? I went skiing in N. Michigan once, and made the mistake of driving through Detroit. It's THE most depressing place on Earth. Endless miles of gratified, littered filthy freeways. Worse than East LA.
BUT, go under the river, a couple miles away, to Widsor, Ontario, and you're on a different planet. All of a sudden you're in a beautiful English town, with neat clipped English gardens everywhere. Like night and day. I would NEVER go back to Detroit.

And Muffs may be wrong. If they dump the debt in bankruptcy, and set up a realistic budget, this dude on NPR was saying it would be easier for them to get credit.

I go to school in the D. I live 20ish miles away from the city. There are run down areas for sure (read ghetto). But the city is actually making a mini-comeback... aside from the bankruptcy lol. Transformers started it all. They film here all the time.

Guess who opened a store in Detroit across from my school? Whole Foods. Woweewuh.

Where were you coming from to be Driving through Detroit to get to a ski resort here? And why MI for skiing? Legit mountains have bunny trails bigger than our biggest hill.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
25-07-2013, 10:21 PM
(25-07-2013 10:01 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Like last week. You been asleep for a week, Mr. Van Winkle ?

Ever been there ? I went skiing in N. Michigan once, and made the mistake of driving through Detroit. It's THE most depressing place on Earth. Endless miles of gratified, littered filthy freeways. Worse than East LA.

I go to school in the D. I live 20ish miles away from the city. There are run down areas for sure (read ghetto). But the city is actually making a mini-comeback... aside from the bankruptcy lol. Transformers started it all. They film here all the time.

Guess who opened a store in Detroit across from my school? Whole Foods. Woweewuh.

Where were you coming from to be Driving through Detroit to get to a ski resort here? And why MI for skiing? Legit mountains have bunny trails bigger than our biggest hill.

My best friends have/had athletic scholarships at MSU, and family in Lansing. The ski hills were pretty dorky, but we wanted something to do, and they wanted to see the Renaissance Center, and one wanted to see the Maritime Sailor's thingy that Gordon Lightfoot sang about in whatever that song was about the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-07-2013, 07:25 AM
(25-07-2013 10:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 10:01 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I go to school in the D. I live 20ish miles away from the city. There are run down areas for sure (read ghetto). But the city is actually making a mini-comeback... aside from the bankruptcy lol. Transformers started it all. They film here all the time.

My best friends have/had athletic scholarships at MSU, and family in Lansing. The ski hills were pretty dorky, but we wanted something to do, and they wanted to see the Renaissance Center, and one wanted to see the Maritime Sailor's thingy that Gordon Lightfoot sang about in whatever that song was about the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 07:27 AM
(25-07-2013 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Ever been there ? I went skiing in N. Michigan once, and made the mistake of driving through Detroit. It's THE most depressing place on Earth. Endless miles of graffitied, littered, filthy freeways. Worse than East LA.

I posted this like last week, Mr. Attention to Detail. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user