Detroit wants a bailout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 01:01 AM by satan69.)
Detroit wants a bailout
well, after 40 years of democrats running detroit, they finally ran out of other peoples money. 40 years of raping taxpayers to pay for overpaid union public workers and they are now broke and 10 billion in debt. guess what- they want obama to bail them out. i guess 300 million americans should pay for detroit too. I say we bailout every city in the US, so they can never learn their lesson. http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/se...rupt-city-

Hey Indian, you said debt doesnt matter. Your pretty stupid, why dont you go there and show the politicians that debt isnt the problem. prove how smart you really are. Prove your not as dumb as you appear. Show them your economic expertise. turn that city around. remember, YOU WONT HAVE THE FED TO PRINT MONEY TO BAIL THEM OUT LIKE THE U.S. lets see you do it like the rest of society would have too. explain to them that printing money doesnt lower the value of the dollar.explain to them that inflation, even though it has the word INFLATE in it, has nothing to do with the expansion of the money supply out of thin air. explain to them that a hershey bar costs 5 cents back in the day and now it costs 1.00. thats not inflation or the value of the dollar going down. explain to them that with technology today farming cocoa is actually cheaper and more productive to do today compared to when they had to use their hands. explain to them that even though that should make the hershey bar cheaper today, it isnt. explain to them that its just coincidence and has nothing to do with our dollar going down.

explain to them when Clinton left office with it's fiscal house in pretty good shape, gold was about 300 an ounce. tell them the money printing to pay for all the wars and bailouts that now put the debt at 16 tillion, had nothing to do with gold NOW being over 1600 a ounce. tell them thats a coincidence also. let them know the bailout money is coming and it wont hurt the taxpayers at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Detroit wants a bailout
By any chance are you part of the Tea Party? That would explain a lot. And on that note do you know why the Tea Party is called the Tea Party?

Under Repair.
03-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Forget it.
If you can't be bothered to learn the correct usage of the words your and you're,
then I can't be bothered to extend any intellectual credibility in your direction... Beat_stick

@itsacow: couldn't resist creating a Condescending Wonka meme for ya... Thumbsup

[Image: 3omj86.jpg]

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
04-04-2012, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 12:27 AM by satan69.)
actually i do. -your- shows possession and -you're- is a contraction of you are. it's late. i'm tired. i guess your or you never do a typo on the internet.i didn't capitalize i either. i will actually leave the original post, so you can have fun with it. that typo still doesn't change anything i said about detroit, and the future government bailout on the taxpayer dime. pretty soon, 300 million americans are going to fit the bill for every failed policy,state, city of the last 30 years. if they can be bailed out by the fed, or obama, then they will keep it going.remember, when you get bailed out , you don't have to take responsibility for the failed policy. "we have to bail them out. think about the jobsSad"
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Satan69, you do realize we will never fully pay off the debt under our current system right? Also calling people dumb and stupid doesn't make you look better or prove your statements.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I love how Democrats and Republicans fight like a married couple. The Libertarians are kind of like their twisted offspring. And then there's the twice removed uncle, the political moderates, who stopped trying to get things done because everyone laughs at sensible people who try to actually get the job done in a balanced fashion in politics.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
04-04-2012, 01:47 PM
(04-04-2012 12:17 AM)satan69 Wrote:  actually i do. -your- shows possession and -you're- is a contraction of you are. it's late. i'm tired. i guess your or you never do a typo on the internet.i didn't capitalize i either. i will actually leave the original post, so you can have fun with it. that typo still doesn't change anything i said about detroit, and the future government bailout on the taxpayer dime. pretty soon, 300 million americans are going to fit the bill for every failed policy,state, city of the last 30 years. if they can be bailed out by the fed, or obama, then they will keep it going.remember, when you get bailed out , you don't have to take responsibility for the failed policy. "we have to bail them out. think about the jobsSad"
Fair enough on the typos. I'm in the middle of trying to quit smoking, which tends to make me nit-picky. Yes

Doesn't change the fact that Tea-Baggers think we live in the Wild West.

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Quidsane's post
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
(04-04-2012 01:47 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 12:17 AM)satan69 Wrote:  actually i do. -your- shows possession and -you're- is a contraction of you are. it's late. i'm tired. i guess your or you never do a typo on the internet.i didn't capitalize i either. i will actually leave the original post, so you can have fun with it. that typo still doesn't change anything i said about detroit, and the future government bailout on the taxpayer dime. pretty soon, 300 million americans are going to fit the bill for every failed policy,state, city of the last 30 years. if they can be bailed out by the fed, or obama, then they will keep it going.remember, when you get bailed out , you don't have to take responsibility for the failed policy. "we have to bail them out. think about the jobsSad"
Fair enough on the typos. I'm in the middle of trying to quit smoking, which tends to make me nit-picky. Yes

Doesn't change the fact that Tea-Baggers think we live in the Wild West.
Wait a flippin minute, we don't live in the wild west? I have been misinformed!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2012, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 06:16 PM by satan69.)
(04-04-2012 01:22 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Satan69, you do realize we will never fully pay off the debt under our current system right? Also calling people dumb and stupid doesn't make you look better or prove your statements.
I hate to call someone dumb, but when someone says "debt doesnt matter" and "read a economics book" to prove that debt doesnt matter, i get sick. I am just proving that debt matters. if detroit could print 10 billion to pay off their debt, they would do it. they are facing bk because of all the debt that paid for all their social welfare and union deals to get votes. they are now bk because they ran out of money and the private sector wont lend to them anymore. the US government prints(bernanke) whatever they cant borrow from the private sector or other governments. take that printing press away, and they would have to go to the private sector to pay for everything.interest rates would have to go higher to attract more investors. bernanke is playing russian roulette with our balance sheet.where do you think the trillions came from to bailout fan/fred. who in the private sector would pay 100 cents on the dollar for houses worth 50 cents. only a government with a press would do that. if they would have went bk, the real estate market would have found a bottom and we would be out of this 4 years later.

he can only keep rates down this low for so long. eventually, as the debt increases, bond investors won't want 3% on a 30 year bond and rates will go up on their own. bernanke will buy as many bonds as he can to keep the rates low ,but eventually the market is bigger than his press can handle.
i have a scary thought for everyone on the board to think about. for everyone that thinks its ok to print money and go into debt, think about this: what if every state was allowed to print money to pay for anything they can get passed.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44
finished. i have 3 cities: detroit, new york, and chicago. OUCH!!
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
People are dumb and gullible. Whenever there is a catastrophe the price of gold skyrockets.

The rich, who bought the gold for $300 an ounce, convince the dumb and gullible to buy into it as well. Thus causing the price to skyrocket.
Glenn Beck did this with some gold company that was later being investigated for fraud.

They buy it when it bottoms out, then sell it when it peaks.
A perfect example of how easy it is to make money once you already have it.

[Image: Gold_price_in_USD.png]