Deviled eggs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Deviled eggs?
So every time I try to make deviled eggs I end up making egg salad 'cause I can't get the shell off the damn hardboiled egg without tearing it to shreds. I'm wondering if I take a sharp knie and samurai the hardboiled eggs in half before I try to peel them will work out better.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: Deviled eggs?
I remember seeing tips on peeling hard boiled eggs, here it is!

Dom and Stark have some great advice.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Use older eggs Girly and peel them while they're still warm.

The shells will usually come right off then.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-10-2014, 01:14 PM
(25-10-2014 12:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I remember seeing tips on peeling hard boiled eggs, here it is!

(25-10-2014 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Use older eggs Girly and peel them while they're still warm.

I've tried all those techniques and every other I could find on ze interwebz. My fat fingers just don't seem to be nimble enough. I'm gonna try the samurai.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-10-2014, 01:22 PM
(25-10-2014 01:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2014 12:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I remember seeing tips on peeling hard boiled eggs, here it is!

(25-10-2014 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Use older eggs Girly and peel them while they're still warm.

I've tried all those techniques and every other I could find on ze interwebz. My fat fingers just don't seem to be nimble enough. I'm gonna try the samurai.

That didn't work either. Fuck it. Egg salad it is.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Have you tried adding a splash of vinegar to your water?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-10-2014, 01:42 PM
(25-10-2014 01:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-10-2014 01:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've tried all those techniques and every other I could find on ze interwebz. My fat fingers just don't seem to be nimble enough. I'm gonna try the samurai.

That didn't work either. Fuck it. Egg salad it is.

The only other thing I can suggest is to buy really cheap eggs.

Whenever I do the deviled egg thing (personally I hate them, but everyone else loves them) I buy a couple dozen of the cheapest eggs I can, a month or more before I intend to make it. They just hang out in the garage fridge forever.

I might have a couple that are diffucult to peel, but most are easy.

My hubby's fingers are pretty fat too. Heart Better suited for other stuff Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Girly, I have these plastic things. You crack open the egg carefully and pour the egg whites into the right hole, then carefully pour the yolk into another hole. Then you have all these little plastic eggs. You boil them just like you would regular boiled eggs. When you open them you have 2 perfect halves for deviled eggs and 1 yolk. I got them from a friend but I'm sure you could find something like it somewhere.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-10-2014, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 01:50 PM by Revenant77x.)
(25-10-2014 01:43 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Girly, I have these plastic things. You crack open the egg carefully and pour the egg whites into the right hole, then carefully pour the yolk into another hole. Then you have all these little plastic eggs. You boil them just like you would regular boiled eggs. When you open them you have 2 perfect halves for deviled eggs and 1 yolk. I got them from a friend but I'm sure you could find something like it somewhere.

[Image: 51lSyWIOL3L._SY355_.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-10-2014, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 01:52 PM by Losty.)
Looks almost exactly the same yes Smile

The difference being you have to separate the yolk out on mine and the white part already come out in 2 halves.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.