Devine Intervention In San Bernardino

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Devine Intervention In San Bernardino
(13-12-2015 12:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The Bible says evil is from god.
When God sends Devil to Earth and gives him some power(and according to the scriptures he does) then God can say that He creates evil. By sending Devil here, God makes it possible for men to have agency - freedom to choose between good and evil.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 01:24 PM
(13-12-2015 01:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 12:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The Bible says evil is from god.
When God sends Devil to Earth and gives him some power(and according to the scriptures he does) then God can say that He creates evil. By sending Devil here, God makes it possible for men to have agency - freedom to choose between good and evil.

I can't believe we have been subjected to nearly 3,000 posts of this mind-numbing drivel. She can't even see just how ridiculous her rationale is. So, your god sends evil in the form of the devil just so we can choose evil if we want to? I don't even know where to begin with this. Here, my child, here is the PB&J sandwich I made for your lunch, but I'm going to put this container of rat poison right next to you so you have a choice. I would prefer, as your father, that you don't eat the rat poison but if you choose to do so, I will watch you die and accept it.

Fucking moron.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
13-12-2015, 01:31 PM
(13-12-2015 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  BB:
You are simply, full of shit.
Full. Of. Shit.
Alla:
You are good. Smile

[Image: 2014-08-19-336.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-12-2015, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 02:16 PM by epronovost.)
(13-12-2015 12:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  I like your questions, epronovost. That is why I want to respond.
epronovost Wrote:If people can become gods in your belief system, can they become devils (AKA evil deities)?
Gods are perfect Beings. They don't want to become devils because they became perfectly good. They taste eternal life. Only a fool would wanted to loose it.
But if God decided to break eternal laws, then yes, He becomes fallen angel or devil.
I don't believe that any God ever fell.
epronovost Wrote:Why could they not?
As I said before: they are too perfect and too good and they taste eternal life. They are full of Spirit and Grace.
epronovost Wrote:Why are gods more powerful than devils and not the other way around. Why are they not of equal powers?Consider
Because every devil or demon is a child of some God. If any devil has a power it is because some God gave it to him/or her for important purposes.
Gods have physical bodies and devils are spirits. They gave up their opportunity to have physical bodies. You can do more things when you have physical body.

Wait, you just contradicted the core tenet of the morality of Gods in your belief system. God cannot act to help us because it would take away our moral angency which is the most evil thing a God can do because it prevents us from becoming gods ourselves (correct me if I am wrong, your woo is kind off hard to follow sometime). Thus, if God uses demons and devils, has a plan and act upon this world, he is robbing us from our moral agency and free will by testing us and manipulating us like puppets from time to time. It makes him just has authoritarian and opposed to freedom than a God that would invest himself all the time in the affairs of his «children», but less authocratic which in the end doesn't make much of a difference. Basically one is like a bossy father/mother and the other one is the abscent father/mother that test you and judge you when he/she wants to interract with you (PS: both are by all account terrible parents and could, if their actions have grave concequences be judge evil and criminal). With the exemple you have presented so far, God never gave you moral agency to choose. He disguised his moral agency into yours to better control you and those he could not control he destroyed. He didn't convinced them using other ways or better arguments or a different approach. He simply destroy them.

If gods have an important purpose, this means they have a moral agency themselves which can logically clash with the moral agency and purpose of their own «children». What happen then? Do gods surrender to the will of their «children» because them developping their moral agency and asserting their will is more important then their own objectives? Is it the other way around? Gods are wiser and more powerful. They could consider their objectives and their freedom to be more important than those of their creation.

Furthermore, considering that in your belief system there is souls, heaven, afterlife and reincarnation, gods aren't more immortals than their own children unless spirits can die. If you were correct, we all are already immortal. Your death is just a transitionnal state from body Alla to spirit Alla. Can gods be killed? Can a soul be destroyed? Can a demon or a devil be killed? Could a terrorist like group of demons decide to murder thousand of unborn souls just because they want to and are filled with hate for some reason or another? What happen when two gods have a conflicting agenda or don't agree on something important. Mythologie is filled with gods fighting, hating, competing against one another.

Since all gods became gods and are descendant themselves of god, this doesn't explain why demons are weaker both have the same origin. One became perfectly good (according to you) and the other perfectly evil (according to you). Why is good more powerful than evil? If gods have bodies, this means they have some limitation caused by it. They can't fly like spirits or pass through walls. They have to eat, drink, poop from time to time. They need to sleep. If they have bodies that don't need all of this? Why have a body at all. Why can't soul reproduce through osmosis or by some other magical process (if a body can survive without food this doesn't seem far fetch).

Could a god become so good that any weakness or any flaw would disgust him to the point he would rather eradicate it instead of allowing it to live and make people suffer thus becoming just has evil and twisted than any other demons, but with the opposite nature?

Living in your world seems to be so complicated for nothing. There is so much contradiction, mental gymnastic, half-baked explanation and invisible magic.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 7 users Like epronovost's post
13-12-2015, 11:15 PM
(13-12-2015 12:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Because every devil or demon is a child of some God. If any devil has a power it is because some God gave it to him/or her for important purposes.

Then your god is responsible for the actions of those devils.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
13-12-2015, 11:26 PM
For some divine reason there are often drills when things like these happen.

I Heart Qualia Soup
14-12-2015, 09:21 AM
(11-12-2015 07:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Where was "gawd" when those two sick fucks were planning this????

Why not drop a meteor on them? It'd be a whole lot cleaner, easier and less effort....

Apparently this god person is also inept at advanced planning....

I love how late-acting and little-acting these divine interventions always are. The best Almighty God can muster up is constantly "too little, too late". But at least he died for our sins. I guess that'd be more impressive if he hadn't created sin.

This whole "too little, too late" thing reminds me of the visions the Mormon prophets get from the Holy Spirit. They always follow about a decade after a major shift in public opinion. Heh.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post