Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2016, 06:26 PM
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
(29-08-2016 02:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiya FC, plenty of us Texans aren't interested in posturing or threats, don't look to ass-whuppins to solve a problem, and generally handle our business with aplomb.

Yeah, low blow, uncalled for. My apologies, didn’t mean to offend the Texan contingency.

That goes for you too Anjele. Heart

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 06:43 PM
(29-08-2016 02:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 12:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your accusations of propaganda and incompetency is but an opinion as opposed to the points made on that list, those can easily be confirmed or refuted since they aren’t opinions but statements of fact. Knock yourself out.
I'm supposed to do the fact-checking for you? Sorry, but that's not how that works. I knew you were not being sincere the moment I saw your feigned curiosity in response to Losty.

How does it feel to pretend to be curious Circumference? Do you have to adjust the levels on your scuba gear to account for it?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-08-2016, 06:58 PM
(29-08-2016 02:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 02:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiya FC, plenty of us Texans aren't interested in posturing or threats, don't look to ass-whuppins to solve a problem, and generally handle our business with aplomb.

I think I recall a study which indicated that sentence is beyond the reading comprehension of your typical Texan. Unless they live in Austin. And maybe San Antonio. Tongue

I won't lie, they look at me suspicious-like when I tell them I've lived outside the county before. The children go to their rooms, and sometimes the goats start to brayin'.

/it's difficult being cosmopolitan
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2016, 07:05 PM
(29-08-2016 04:25 PM)Losty Wrote:  What good is the internet if you don't know how to decipher what is fact and what is made up shot by some person?

There's a massive excuse for Americans to be uninformed or more often illinformed. Our education system sucks. Our economy isn't that great. Our social services are severely lacking. In a first world nation, people are more concerned with how they will feed and clothe their children. Even if they have the time to search the Internet for information it doesn't mean they have the skills necessary to actually find the information they seek.

The answer I put, to my son, was to use the Internet, but use his goddamned head, too. Sagan's Dictum was a big part of that. Hitchens's Razor, and Occam's Razor, as well, were put into his toolbox.

It's not that hard to find out what someone has made up and what is actually true -- precisely because the Internet has so many people putting out their own view on things. If an issue is important to you, look it up online and read all sides of the issue. And if you don't have the time for that, ask someone you trust to send you some links from both sides of the issue.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2016, 08:12 PM
(29-08-2016 02:53 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 01:56 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @Deesse23

Job of journalist is to earn money, giving public information is merely mean of earning said money. It's not journalist fault that public seems to want controversy, blood and black and white view of events. More insightful press is not a match for likes of "Bild".

As for ethos one must ask if such even existed in the first place. I doubt that past was place of only superb journalism and deep intelectual discussions.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Noted!
Interesting point of view, however i disagree. But i dont wanna hijack this thread.
Maybe we can continue somewhere else if you want (PM?).

I don't see journalism as some kind of mission but indeed there is no reason to hijack the thread. PM would be fine then.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post