Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
(27-08-2016 04:23 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I get what you're both saying, I really do. But I researched Trump's life, not the propaganda that gets tossed about but as much of the real story as I can find. What bothers me is that there is NO WAY he is the buffoon he pretends to be. He has accomplished a great deal in his life, and although he didn't start with nothing, he did turn what he had into a LOT more. He has been incredibly generous with his money, who knows the motivations but he did help a lot of folks. He has made some very smart investments and some brilliant decisions in his life.

But that bothers me even more...he cannot be the clown he portrays, it just is not possible. So...why is he acting like this? What is he really like, and what is his actual agenda?

He sort of reminds me of that actress...Suzzane Summers. Always playing the ditsy blonde but behind the scenes, reportedly, a rabid animal.

I just don't know.

Nope he's a
fraud (he's got rich on lies and schemes and being wealthy enough to get away with it )
fool(too many examples to name)
and any kindness he' ever shown is about his ego not empathy
He's an unprincipled fink who has no business running

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
27-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Quote:First 99% of what you have just said is distortions,exaggerations or straight up lies drenched in political rhetoric

Precisely my point. You sound just like a preacher to me- you don't know ANY of that. You were not there, you didn't see it happen, you are basing everything you are saying on what you have been told by other people, primarily the media. You rip Trump apart because the media says all of these bad things about him and you believe them...then you turn around and defend Hillary because the media lies and she didn't do any of that!

LMAO...I have to admit, it's getting to the point where I just find it funny. The truth, whether we want to admit it or not, we cannot make an educated choice in our own presidential elections. We are lied to constantly, everything- from both sides- is distorted and warped and erased and...whatever. There is simply no way to know the truth behind either- any- candidate anymore. The media is destroying us, I believe...they report what sells, not the truth, and it is damaging our country at a fundamental level.

I loved living in Costa Rica...hmmm....

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
27-08-2016, 04:41 PM
(27-08-2016 04:37 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 04:23 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I get what you're both saying, I really do. But I researched Trump's life, not the propaganda that gets tossed about but as much of the real story as I can find. What bothers me is that there is NO WAY he is the buffoon he pretends to be. He has accomplished a great deal in his life, and although he didn't start with nothing, he did turn what he had into a LOT more. He has been incredibly generous with his money, who knows the motivations but he did help a lot of folks. He has made some very smart investments and some brilliant decisions in his life.

But that bothers me even more...he cannot be the clown he portrays, it just is not possible. So...why is he acting like this? What is he really like, and what is his actual agenda?

He sort of reminds me of that actress...Suzzane Summers. Always playing the ditsy blonde but behind the scenes, reportedly, a rabid animal.

I just don't know.

Nope he's a
fraud (he's got rich on lies and schemes and being wealthy enough to get away with it )
fool(too many examples to name)
and any kindness he' ever shown is about his ego not empathy
He's an unprincipled fink who has no business running

I must start using the word 'fink' more often. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:I must start using the word 'fink' more often. Big Grin

I know, right? I kind of dug that too... Consider
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
27-08-2016, 06:19 PM
(27-08-2016 04:40 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:First 99% of what you have just said is distortions,exaggerations or straight up lies drenched in political rhetoric

Precisely my point. You sound just like a preacher to me- you don't know ANY of that. You were not there, you didn't see it happen, you are basing everything you are saying on what you have been told by other people, primarily the media. You rip Trump apart because the media says all of these bad things about him and you believe them...then you turn around and defend Hillary because the media lies and she didn't do any of that!

LMAO...I have to admit, it's getting to the point where I just find it funny. The truth, whether we want to admit it or not, we cannot make an educated choice in our own presidential elections. We are lied to constantly, everything- from both sides- is distorted and warped and erased and...whatever. There is simply no way to know the truth behind either- any- candidate anymore. The media is destroying us, I believe...they report what sells, not the truth, and it is damaging our country at a fundamental level.

Thumbsup

Except for the fact that Trump is making it easier to tell how much of a fucking moron he is.
[+] 1 user Likes excitedpenguin's post
27-08-2016, 11:40 PM
(27-08-2016 04:40 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  The truth, whether we want to admit it or not, we cannot make an educated choice in our own presidential elections. We are lied to constantly, everything- from both sides- is distorted and warped and erased and...whatever. There is simply no way to know the truth behind either- any- candidate anymore.

I disagree. If one is willing to do one's own legwork, and not rely on one source, one can find facts much easier nowadays with Internet access than, say, forty years ago, when we had three half-hour news shows nightly, and one, perhaps two newspapers in our cities. The key is, of course, understanding that all media is biased, and making sure you select from a variety of viewpoints in order to fill out the picture on your own.

(27-08-2016 04:40 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  The media is destroying us, I believe...they report what sells, not the truth, and it is damaging our country at a fundamental level.

I think it's the people who buy it without questioning who are doing the damage. They are the ones playing into the system, choosing not to look deeper.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2016, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 12:23 AM by Gloucester.)
As a Brit I have no immediate stake in your election. But it is, effectively, a Global Event as long as your politicians and their supporters want the US to be the dominant world power.

So, I will offer a slogan that I have not heard or seen written so far (but will be bloody astonished if it has not been used!):

DUMP TRUMP

For the sake of all of us.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 6 users Like Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 12:37 AM
To expand on my last: if Trump wins and decides on an isolationist policy it may leave the world open for the dominance of Russia or China.

Even worse is the possibility of "competition" between the two that could possibly escalate, if not into actual war then into a politico-commercial "conflict" that will have repercussions even on an America with its doors and windows shut.

Even if Russia and China come to a peaceful dividing up of the world, in terms of trade and influence, between them it may not help much.

Global balance will be lost.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-08-2016, 04:19 AM
(27-08-2016 04:40 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  

Thumbsup

What the hell are you talking about ?

Iv'e based nothing i have said on what the media says iv'e based my assessment of trump by his own words and by observations of his behavior.(not to mention his own writing) And were did i defend Hilary believing anybody is better then trump(based on observation) is not defending Hilary neither is not accepting a mountain of accusations YOU put forth with zero evidence against her.

Lastly i sound nothing like a preacher but you sound a lot like a creationist EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU EVERYONE HAS AN EVIL AGENDA TRUST NOTHING

So yeah your credibility has just hit zero !!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
28-08-2016, 04:23 AM
Quote:I disagree. If one is willing to do one's own legwork, and not rely on one source, one can find facts much easier nowadays with Internet access than, say, forty years ago, when we had three half-hour news shows nightly, and one, perhaps two newspapers in our cities.

You believe what you read online? Holy crap...I didn't realize anyone did that! Tongue

I still believe we have very little ability to actually fact check. We think we can, but...that is the illusion.

Quote:I think it's the people who buy it without questioning who are doing the damage. They are the ones playing into the system, choosing not to look deeper.

Certainly, although I disagree about how easy it is to actually look deeper and find truth.Bowing