Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
(28-08-2016 10:03 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  I think we should give Trump a break!

Neck preferably but settle for legs as a warning . . .

How about giving his heart a 20 minute break from working so hard?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-08-2016, 11:49 AM
(28-08-2016 04:23 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  You believe what you read online? Holy crap...I didn't realize anyone did that! Tongue

Not everything, of course. But what I can vet, yes.

(28-08-2016 04:23 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I still believe we have very little ability to actually fact check. We think we can, but...that is the illusion.

We disagree, because you haven't shown me how it's an illusion.

(28-08-2016 04:23 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Certainly, although I disagree about how easy it is to actually look deeper and find truth.Bowing

Well, I'm writing a post on a forum, not an instruction manual. A certain amount of oversimplification comes with the territory. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Thar be a typical chain mail rant

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-08-2016, 12:41 PM
(27-08-2016 04:31 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Standard-issue propaganda polemic.
It's below average propaganda thingy not standard one I would say. Or maybe not so noble art of bullshiting has fallen into troubles lately?

I'm not well versed in USA policy but lack of sources is quite telling.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
28-08-2016, 02:55 PM
LOL!

I love you guys, I really do. You never disappoint. Oh, there are some boneheads like Ordo who are just in a weird place, but most of you are wonderful. Ordo may be too, this is a hot button issue for a lot of people.

I know what I know, which is just like you know what you know. I just know we're all wrong. Smile It makes no difference, I won't change anyone's mind, obviously, but let me explain something.

I had a bit of an...let's call it "epiphany"...the other day.

See, many, many years ago I was sitting in our methodist church watching people go through the motions of religious service, and suddenly I flashed to a scene from PBS, of natives in...I dunno, the congo maybe..dancing around a fire, chanting, waving sticks and wearing bizarre "makeup". All of a sudden those folks in that Methodist church were alien to me- they were just like those natives in loincloths with painted bodies dancing around the fire. It was all silly, nobody knew anything, they all picked their god and found ways to prove his existence in their own minds, and found ways to disprove the existence of any other gods. Then they chanted and sang and knelt in his honor, so that they could live forever and, more importantly, not burn for all eternity.
I was 12 years old, I think. I burst into uncontrollable laughter in the middle of the sermon. Methodists are pretty easy going folks, in Texas, but...this was frowned upon.
Thus my "descent" into Atheism.

I was watching TV while surfing the web the other day, and I saw "Hillary this" and "Trump that" everywhere. EVERYWHERE! I read comments below articles, people going INSANE with rage and passion, people ready to burst with the holy power coursing through their veins, as they defended their God!
Wait...what? How did we get to God? I suddenly saw all of this the same way I saw that Methodist church back in 1978.

I don't care if you agree with me, I don't care if you don't. We have no factual data about these two idiots, or at least no way to vet most of it. You think you can, often...but as a trained investigator, I can tell you that almost EVERYTHING you see about those two candidates would not stand up as evidence in a US court of law. It's all hearsay or secondhand or manufactured or biased...etc.

Think about this...fairly often, a person will go insane and do something awful...shootings, stabbings, eating their victims, raping corpses...just heinous stuff. Often those people had spouses or parents or friends in their lives who are shocked to their very cores, because they would NEVER have expected that from the person. NEVER. They had known him all their lives, the had children together, on and on and on. So those people did not know a person they literally lived with for years.

Now you have two, very obviously egocentric, people, vying for, arguably, the most powerful position on earth. They have teams of people- huge teams- whose only job is to keep their closets locked so the skeletons can't escape, to wash any smudges that come up, to put the proper spin on anything that happens. Why do you think they NEED those teams?

You honestly think you KNOW anything about either of them that hasn't been whitewashed and modified and trimmed to look pretty?

Believe what you like, it's not my problem. My life experience tells me this, so I go with it.

I would, honestly, love to agree with you about Hillary, I really would!

But then we'd ALL be wrong! Big GrinEvil_monsterCool
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
28-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Let's face it, politicians of all colours usually end up being total shit-heads, somerimes corrupt shit-heads. They will say what you want to hear then do what they want.

There are very few true statesmen methinks, if any at all.

Religion is just another branch of politics and suffers similar problems.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Quote:We disagree, because you haven't shown me how it's an illusion.

I'm sorry, thump...to me this is so self-evident that I'm not sure how to convince you. Let's say Benghazi. Do you think Hillary knowingly sacrificed those men for her own good? Why or why not? Where do you get that information you are basing that opinion on? Are you POSITIVE, bet your life on it, that your info is correct?

There is no way to answer yes. You had to be there, or see an uninterrupted video, to know for sure. There is ALOT of incentive for her to cover that up if she did do it- she would not only go to prison, but she would forever lose her shot at MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD!

Do I think she is culpable? I wish I knew. Some people have testified, who were involved, against her...but there is SO much bullshit and favor passing in DC that...I just don't know.

Which is, annoyingly, my point.

I think perhaps the difference between us is that I am looking at this like it is evidence in a court of law...it's all crap. Any judge would toss it out. We have no firsthand knowledge, nor do we have any unbiased testimony. Big Grin
28-08-2016, 03:13 PM
The purpose of a leader is to bring those he or she leads together in the pursuit of a common goal. Neither one of these ass holes is anything more than a puppet playing off well established divisive party lines. I refuse to acknowledge them as potential leaders. I'm so freaking tired of the choose the lesser evil game. I'd rather see the country fracture Soviet style than offer my support as a voter to either one.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-08-2016, 03:18 PM
(28-08-2016 03:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The purpose of a leader is to bring those he or she leads together in the pursuit of a common goal. Neither one of these ass holes is anything more than a puppet playing off well established divisive party lines. I refuse to acknowledge them as potential leaders. I'm so freaking tired of the choose the lesser evil game. I'd rather see the country fracture Soviet style than offer my support as a voter to either one.

I'm very close to agreeing with you, even though you lied about the yaks thing...Facepalm
28-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(28-08-2016 02:55 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  See, many, many years ago I was sitting in our methodist church watching people go through the motions of religious service, and suddenly I flashed to a scene from PBS, of natives in...I dunno, the congo maybe..dancing around a fire, chanting, waving sticks and wearing bizarre "makeup". All of a sudden those folks in that Methodist church were alien to me- they were just like those natives in loincloths with painted bodies dancing around the fire. It was all silly, nobody knew anything, they all picked their god and found ways to prove his existence in their own minds, and found ways to disprove the existence of any other gods. Then they chanted and sang and knelt in his honor, so that they could live forever and, more importantly, not burn for all eternity.

I wasn't raised in a religious family, and never went to church until I asked my mom if I could go with another family because I was curious. I think I went two or three times and that was enough for me. I was around ten or eleven at the time.

Anyway,I had a similar experience to yours the first time I went to a catholic funeral a few years ago.
All I could see during the service was the priest in funny clothes swinging a smoke-bomb on a chain and chanting gibberish.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post