Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
(28-08-2016 03:18 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 03:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The purpose of a leader is to bring those he or she leads together in the pursuit of a common goal. Neither one of these ass holes is anything more than a puppet playing off well established divisive party lines. I refuse to acknowledge them as potential leaders. I'm so freaking tired of the choose the lesser evil game. I'd rather see the country fracture Soviet style than offer my support as a voter to either one.

I'm very close to agreeing with you, even though you lied about the yaks thing...Facepalm

All the cool people herd yaks. I just wanted to fit in.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-08-2016, 03:27 PM
(28-08-2016 03:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 03:18 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm very close to agreeing with you, even though you lied about the yaks thing...Facepalm

All the cool people herd yaks. I just wanted to fit in.

I understand completely. I did the same thing with frisbee golf. Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
28-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:Anyway,I had a similar experience to yours the first time I went to a catholic funeral a few years ago.
All I could see during the service was the priest in funny clothes swinging a smoke-bomb on a chain and chanting gibberish.

Exactly! Suddenly I felt like the only person in the room that wasn't a raving lunatic! It was a feeling much like that "Stepford Wives" book or movie, or maybe Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Was everyone else infected with an alien spore? It almost felt like it.
It really was a bizarre feeling...and I still have it.Cool
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
28-08-2016, 04:30 PM
(28-08-2016 03:36 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  .

Quote:Anyway,I had a similar experience to yours the first time I went to a catholic funeral a few years ago.
All I could see during the service was the priest in funny clothes swinging a smoke-bomb on a chain and chanting gibberish.

Exactly! Suddenly I felt like the only person in the room that wasn't a raving lunatic! It was a feeling much like that "Stepford Wives" book or movie, or maybe Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Was everyone else infected with an alien spore? It almost felt like it.
It really was a bizarre feeling...and I still have it.Cool
Perhaps its called "rationality" or "reality" or something like that?

Sit in the science gallery of your nearest museum and see if it feels more comfortable. If so I prescribe one visit to the Scientific American website twice a week.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 05:04 PM
(28-08-2016 03:08 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:We disagree, because you haven't shown me how it's an illusion.

I'm sorry, thump...to me this is so self-evident that I'm not sure how to convince you. Let's say Benghazi. Do you think Hillary knowingly sacrificed those men for her own good? Why or why not? Where do you get that information you are basing that opinion on? Are you POSITIVE, bet your life on it, that your info is correct?

There is no way to answer yes. You had to be there, or see an uninterrupted video, to know for sure. There is ALOT of incentive for her to cover that up if she did do it- she would not only go to prison, but she would forever lose her shot at MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD!

Do I think she is culpable? I wish I knew. Some people have testified, who were involved, against her...but there is SO much bullshit and favor passing in DC that...I just don't know.

Which is, annoyingly, my point.

I think perhaps the difference between us is that I am looking at this like it is evidence in a court of law...it's all crap. Any judge would toss it out. We have no firsthand knowledge, nor do we have any unbiased testimony. Big Grin

Certainly a difference there ... I regard radical skepticism as a great recipe for paralyzing indecision. Instead, I triangulate using different sources with different biases to think my own way through things and assign probabilities to this or that assertion.

Do I know anything I'd bet my life on about anyone not directly in my life? Of course not. That's a silly standard to hold for judging strangers, too, in my opinion. We do our best to ascertain what facts we can and make our judgments accordingly.

I'm a pragmatist.
[+] 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't know how many love Hilary but I certainly don't. I think she sucks. Donald Trump is one of very few reasons I would ever vote Hilary. How she got the nomination is beyond me. She's no liberal. Donald Trump is the worst possible option for president ever. He is so bad, in fact, that I will vote Hilary. And that is terrifying

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
28-08-2016, 05:30 PM
The american people are responsible for the rise of trump and Hillary. They made a shit sandwich that they don't want to eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[+] 6 users Like ricepudding12's post
28-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Stahp blaming me D:
I didn't do this.
Weeping

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
28-08-2016, 05:34 PM
(28-08-2016 05:25 PM)Losty Wrote:  How she got the nomination is beyond me. She's no liberal. Donald Trump is the worst possible option for president ever. He is so bad, in fact, that I will vote Hilary. And that is terrifying

Hi Losty, perhaps this will make you feel a bit better about President Clinton.

First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College.
Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School.
Editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action.
Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
Former civil litigation attorney.
Staff attorney for Children’s Defense Fund.
Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation.
First female partner at Rose Law Firm, the oldest and one of the largest law firms in Arkansas.
Twice named by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America.
Former First Lady of Arkansas.
Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983.
Chair of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession.
Created Arkansas’s Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth.
Instrumental in passage of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.
First Lady of the United States.
Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses.
Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health.
Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome).
Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.
Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act.
First FLOTUS in US History to hold a postgraduate degree.
Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
Two-term New York Senator and the first ex-FLOTUS in US History to be elected to the United States Senate.
Served on five Senate committees: Budget (2001–2002), Armed Services (2003–2009), Environment and Public Works (2001–2009), Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) and the Special Committee on Aging.
Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe.
Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
Worked with Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York on securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
Former United States Secretary of State.
Brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas in 2012.
Not insane.

*OK, that last one was mine Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-08-2016, 05:36 PM
None of that makes up for her shite vote record

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post