Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
I don't even care about most of the hype. Though, according to the director of the FBI, at least some of it is true. But forget that. I don't like her because she doesn't align with my political views. She's a centrist masquerading as a democrat. And I use the word centrist lightly.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
28-08-2016, 05:39 PM
(28-08-2016 05:36 PM)Losty Wrote:  None of that makes up for her shite vote record

Please elaborate or give me a citation so I can read up on it if you please.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-08-2016, 05:45 PM
(28-08-2016 05:30 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  The american people are responsible for the rise of trump and Hillary. They made a shit sandwich that they don't want to eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

One side of the mouth says Americans are completely at the mercy of the powerful people.

The other side says we're responsible for the powerful people.

I say "SHIT HAPPENS!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-08-2016, 05:50 PM
(28-08-2016 05:45 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 05:30 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  The american people are responsible for the rise of trump and Hillary. They made a shit sandwich that they don't want to eat.

One side of the mouth says Americans are completely at the mercy of the powerful people.

I say "SHIT HAPPENS!"
Shit happens then we spread it all over.

28-08-2016, 06:39 PM
(28-08-2016 05:50 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 05:45 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One side of the mouth says Americans are completely at the mercy of the powerful people.

I say "SHIT HAPPENS!"

Well, I shot quite a few foreigners in my time, but I didn't make the policy that sent me to those far off and exotic lands. 99% of American will never affect US policy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-08-2016, 08:07 PM

I beg to differ. The "American People", in general, haven't a clue about the political structure they live in. Most just want to be able to make a living wage, raise a family, have a few hobbies, and not have the government sticking its fingers/noses into their various orifices. The political process is nearly completely beyond the average US citizen. And they sure as hell have no control over who is presented for political office, of which the POTUS is no exception. The candidacy of a lunatic-seeming candidate like Trump is an indication of how tired the people who may care about the process are with it. They are grasping at straws, but not truly looking forward to what such a person would actually be able to achieve, if once in office. The respective political parties sort through their agendas, and pick potential candidates...sort of. Look at the clown car that represented the early Republican candidate list. Not one of them represented anything I want out of government. Democrats? Well, we're hearing about collusion in the party's support of candidates. In the absence of actual input on choices from the "American People", the two parties are just going to sail with the winds they themselves generate.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
28-08-2016, 08:13 PM
(28-08-2016 06:39 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 05:50 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  Shit happens then we spread it all over.

Well, I shot quite a few foreigners in my time, but I didn't make the policy that sent me to those far off and exotic lands. 99% of American will never affect US policy.

I agree, except that I think that it's more like 99.99999%. And if one wanted to go help out a particular political party, they'd be supporting the candidate chosen by the people already in the political structure, not some dewy-eyed upstart who was going to make it all right, because those people will have to make deals and be compromised before they will get anywhere in the political system. I need to go back out and work on my truck, so that I can take my new trailer out camping, without worrying about politics. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-08-2016, 10:17 PM
(28-08-2016 05:50 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 05:45 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  One side of the mouth says Americans are completely at the mercy of the powerful people.

I say "SHIT HAPPENS!"

Shit doesn't just happen ... it's caused by assholes.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2016, 11:20 PM
(27-08-2016 04:40 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:First 99% of what you have just said is distortions,exaggerations or straight up lies drenched in political rhetoric

Precisely my point. You sound just like a preacher to me- you don't know ANY of that. You were not there, you didn't see it happen, you are basing everything you are saying on what you have been told by other people, primarily the media. You rip Trump apart because the media says all of these bad things about him and you believe them...then you turn around and defend Hillary because the media lies and she didn't do any of that!

LMAO...I have to admit, it's getting to the point where I just find it funny. The truth, whether we want to admit it or not, we cannot make an educated choice in our own presidential elections. We are lied to constantly, everything- from both sides- is distorted and warped and erased and...whatever. There is simply no way to know the truth behind either- any- candidate anymore. The media is destroying us, I believe...they report what sells, not the truth, and it is damaging our country at a fundamental level.

I loved living in Costa Rica...hmmm....

Thumbsup

Not all the media is bad. You just have to search for the right kind of media to feed you your information. There are good journalists out there, who won't ever knowingly print a lie and will fact check everything they write over and over. There are also editors who check on them. There's a whole process to it. Just because some media is biased and doesn't even try to be objective doesn't mean all of it is.

We do have to rely on the media because the average citizen doesn't have the time or the specific know-how to find out about certain things that are happening in the world that the public needs to know about. You need to accept that fact and look for better sources of information.
[+] 4 users Like excitedpenguin's post
28-08-2016, 11:23 PM
(28-08-2016 12:37 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  To expand on my last: if Trump wins and decides on an isolationist policy it may leave the world open for the dominance of Russia or China.

Even worse is the possibility of "competition" between the two that could possibly escalate, if not into actual war then into a politico-commercial "conflict" that will have repercussions even on an America with its doors and windows shut.

Even if Russia and China come to a peaceful dividing up of the world, in terms of trade and influence, between them it may not help much.

Global balance will be lost.

Oh, give me a break. We'll see The United States of Europe before anyone lets that happen.