Devolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2016, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2016 12:14 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: NOT DEFENDING! SAFETY YOUR WEAPONS!
(28-08-2016 08:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I agree, except that I think that it's more like 99.99999%. And if one wanted to go help out a particular political party, they'd be supporting the candidate chosen by the people already in the political structure, not some dewy-eyed upstart who was going to make it all right, because those people will have to make deals and be compromised before they will get anywhere in the political system. I need to go back out and work on my truck, so that I can take my new trailer out camping, without worrying about politics. Laugh out load

One thought regarding your post, imo Obama was as close to “dewy-eyed upstart” as we have had for POTUS in decades. He didn’t get elected to the Illinois Senate until 1996. In 2004 he was elected to the US Senate. He went from upstart to pres in an amazing 12 years.

Have fun camping or glamping.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 12:37 PM
(29-08-2016 12:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 05:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hi Losty, perhaps this will make you feel a bit better about President Clinton.

First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College.
Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School.
Editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action.
Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
Former civil litigation attorney.
Staff attorney for Children’s Defense Fund.
Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation.
First female partner at Rose Law Firm, the oldest and one of the largest law firms in Arkansas.
Twice named by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America.
Former First Lady of Arkansas.
Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983.
Chair of the American Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession.
Created Arkansas’s Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth.
Instrumental in passage of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.
First Lady of the United States.
Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses.
Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health.
Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome).
Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.
Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act.
First FLOTUS in US History to hold a postgraduate degree.
Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
Two-term New York Senator and the first ex-FLOTUS in US History to be elected to the United States Senate.
Served on five Senate committees: Budget (2001–2002), Armed Services (2003–2009), Environment and Public Works (2001–2009), Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) and the Special Committee on Aging.
Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe.
Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
Worked with Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York on securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
Former United States Secretary of State.
Brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas in 2012.
Not insane.

*OK, that last one was mine Blush
You thinking that this unsourced propaganda would make anyone feel better about a corrupt, incompetent and warmongering career politician becoming POTUS is pretty hilarious.

(28-08-2016 05:39 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Please elaborate or give me a citation so I can read up on it if you please.
Two words: Iraq War

Your accusations of propaganda and incompetency is but an opinion as opposed to the points made on that list, those can easily be confirmed or refuted since they aren’t opinions but statements of fact. Knock yourself out.

The warmongering charge is a link to what Bernie thinks (you can do better than that Vos Wink ) and all it says is that she voted to go to war against Iraq. In case you don’t remember how then Sec of State Colin Powell stood before the UN and delivered this speech https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/05/iraq.usa citing intel sources that Iraq had or was soon to have WMDs. Faulty info at best and a downright lie for economic ends at worst (and that was how it turned out).

Warmongering is a charge that best fits the Bush presidency and not those who were led to believe that a Clear and Present Danger existed.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 01:02 PM
(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  No offense, dear penguin, but I have roughly two and a half times the life experience you do, in years alone...in experience, much more, as my cup runneth over in that department. Tongue

A bit condescending don’t you think?
I have more than you and until this moment I have never mentioned it.

(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)‘The Dark One Wrote:  As I said in the beginning, I have no illusions that I will change anyone's mind, convert anyone to my point of view. I just found this topic interesting, and wanted to watch everybody express his or her views.

For a laugh.

Diehard Trump Voters Confirm Rest Of Nation Should Stop Wasting Time Trying To Reach Them
http://www.theonion.com/article/diehard-...d-st-53585

(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)‘The Dark One’ Wrote:  I have a great deal of life experience and education, as well as about 35 years in the workforce.

Why is it you feel it necessary to continually parade your credentials around here?
Either you’re insecure and want people to be impressed or perhaps it’s the appeal to authority?
Whatever the case it’s getting old.

You can make your case without shitting on everything.

(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)‘The Dark One Wrote:  To be perfectly honest, I have gained some respect for liberals since coming here. I respect that you are trying to improve the world, even if I think some of your methodology flawed and naive.

Once again more condescecion. What’s that saying about opinions? Consider

(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)‘The Dark One’ Wrote:  The one thing I really feel badly about is the tendency of many liberals to get so offended, so easily.

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

[Image: ad6db140_01-pot-calls-kettle-black.jpeg]

I present the evidence here...

(29-08-2016 01:45 AM)‘The Dark One’ Wrote:  Thanks, guys...if ya need me, I'll be in any thread but this one!

This has to be a Texas thing, posturing, threats of leaving...whatever. Drinking Beverage
http://www.ibtimes.com/texas-secession-m...es-2368036

“It’s not the first time Texans have tried to cut ties with the world’s largest economy, which gives more monetary support to the Lone Star state than the state contributes in federal tax dollars”

I find it interesting that your thread title has little to do with your comport in it.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 01:21 PM
(29-08-2016 02:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry pal, but I don't think it's liberals that get so "easily offended", but humans in general. I constantly hear this "whiny liberals" meme repeated, among my 99% conservative family and social circles from the Deep South... right before they start to whine about everything in the book, get offended by anything they deem (by their standards) to be unpatriotic or which challenges their often-too-simplistic understanding of topics like race, history, and religion. I see about twenty whining posts from conservatives on my Facebook feed to roughly one from liberals (which is every friend I have there who's not family), if I had to guess a ratio. But it's not called whining when conservatives do it, for some reason-- the power of a memetic idea.

Mainly it's a matter of how we manage to justify our definitions of "what should be offensive". Both try to be as moral as possible, but have different ideas about what constitutes that sort of morality (it's also why it's hilarious to listen to religious people come here to tell us about "objective" morality, since most of what's in the Bible is a memetic system for enforcing a conservative social agenda among Israelites, etc) and whether or not it is necessary to speak out about particular events/items.

Liberals tend to be offended by things which harm people who are otherwise weak, which they deem to be the most moral stance, while conservatives tend to defend things like authority, tradition, and order. A really excellent book on this subject was written by Jonathan Haidt, called The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion, and this author has given a number of excellent speeches on the subject which greatly helped me understand my perspective and respect that of conservatives who used to irritate me no end. I wish this information was more generally known.

http://righteousmind.com/

I would say that it's right wingers who are easiest to offend as they can be offended even by spectacle they didn't seen or concerts they don't plan to attend (sadly it is not exagerration). I won't mention such "triggering" topics as religion or nation.

As for respecting views of right wingers, it is nearly impossible for me when one consider that basis for their view is distorted vission of reality. In their world Poles didn't kill Jews, Polish Commonwealth hadn't imperial ambitions and Poles are nation of victims martyred for well being of others. I have no respect for willful ignorance as knowledge isn't hardcto obtain. That though would shatter one's vission of earhly paradise taken away for left wing "sins".

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
29-08-2016, 01:31 PM
LOL...Good grief, FC...you sure like to read things into my words. I can't control that, so have fun with it, I guess.

There was no "threat of leaving", I have simply had enough of this thread. What, I have to stay until you let me out? Facepalm

You are incredibly judgmental. I know you don't see it and will not admit to it, but I find you are the most judgmental person on this board. Why in the world do you keep ascribing your own meanings to my words? I have never been anything but polite to you, and yet you stalk my posts, picking at everything. I disagree with you. I am an intelligent person. You and I are different. Get over it, please. If you don't like my posts, don't enter them.

If I feel like a 20 year old person doesn't have the life experience necessary to lecture me, I have the right to mention it. Fuck off. Please.

I was not defending Trump. I hate Hillary. These words I posted were NOT MINE, as I made very clear. They had NOT been vetted, which I also made very clear. I was curious what people thought of them- not for a laugh, but as a curiosity. I have that right as well.

Constantly ripping at anyone who disagrees with you, picking at them like a hungry raven...that is also a sign of insecurity, isn't it?

Now, I have had enough of politics. I don't want to post in here anymore, it's just the same crap, over and over. It has gotten uninteresting. So I am moving to another conversation.

With your permission, of course. Bowing
29-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Damn guys...calm the fuck down...you would think Blowme was on this thread.

Angry

And quit with the Texas slamming stuff...I have been here ten years now so I am at least an honorary Texan.

Twelve gazillion times on this forum people are blasted for stereotypes and generalizations....when it's about Texas it seems to be fine.

Don't make me raise my eyebrow!

Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2016, 01:39 PM
(29-08-2016 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't make me raise my eyebrow!

Censored

As Texas threats go, that's kinda wimpy.

Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
29-08-2016, 01:45 PM
(29-08-2016 11:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I agree that the US mainstream media, even respected outlets like the NYT, didn't provide the public with this fair and honest journalism this election cycle, but it's ultimately up to the individuals to inform themselves properly. Anyone with Internet access has almost the entirety of human knowledge at their fingertips so there is no excuse for being uninformed.

It is however entirely the press´fault for going against what can be considered journalistic ethos. The job of journalists is to inform, not to spread disinformation, driving a certain political party or letting political parties put you in front of their cart.

Its not the average joes fault that american journalists largely have no ethos (anymore) and refuse to do a proper job.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
29-08-2016, 01:48 PM
(29-08-2016 01:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 01:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't make me raise my eyebrow!

Censored

As Texas threats go, that's kinda wimpy.

Big Grin

That's what you think. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2016, 01:54 PM
(29-08-2016 01:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 01:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  As Texas threats go, that's kinda wimpy.

Big Grin

That's what you think. Evil_monster

I'll see your raised eyebrow and raise with a "dad glare". Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post