Dexter's Back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Dexter's Back.
Fucking serial killer of serial killers has returned.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: Dexter's Back.
I like to watch 2 episodes at a time so I'm waiting till episode 2 hits before I join in on season 7.

It's the season I think will either break the show, or make it great again. So much easier to fuck up though... makes me a scareded.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I was hoping you meant Dexter's Lab.

Dexter hasn't been great in a wee while...

[Image: opforum1.png]
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I watched the latest episode last night, EPIIIIIIC.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I think the show in general has slipped from its early greatness, but in my opinion it's still far from "jumped the shark". And this season's opener was pretty good. I hope they keep it up, maybe go out with a bang.

This is only a spoiler if you didn't see how last season ended:

Last season ended with Deb witnessing Dexter doing his thing.

Wouldn't it be cool if it turns out that Deb is also a serial killer and Dexter never knew it? They could be like the Batman and Robin (or the Wonder Twins) of serial killing...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Huge Dexter fan here. A bunch of us have been getting together regularly for "Dexter parties"--3 or 4 episodes on Netflix plus dinner. We finished Season 6 just as Season 7 began on Showtime (which none of us get).

I thought maybe 6 slipped a bit. And did anyone else feel really uncomfortable with the Dex-Deb development? Anyway, the last scene of the final episode was a shocker. Can't wait to find out how they're going to resolve that. I know I can see the episodes online, but I don't want to cheat and spoil our future Dexter parties. So I'll just have to be patient.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
11-10-2012, 08:18 AM
I love Dexter and I also love breaking bad. I have read that breaking bad ends with Walts death wouldn't it be awesome if Breaking Bad ended with Walt on dexters table!
11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:I thought maybe 6 slipped a bit. And did anyone else feel really uncomfortable with the Dex-Deb development

YES-- I got the creepy crawlies! I love Dexter but I really hope they leave all that brotherly sisterly love out this season.. So far this season is awesome IMO

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
11-10-2012, 04:04 PM
(11-10-2012 03:20 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
Quote:I thought maybe 6 slipped a bit. And did anyone else feel really uncomfortable with the Dex-Deb development

YES-- I got the creepy crawlies! I love Dexter but I really hope they leave all that brotherly sisterly love out this season.. So far this season is awesome IMO

You mean adopted-brotherly sisterly love. No blood relation. So it's all good.

Looks like they have so far killed that entirely with no reference to it yet this season, but who knows. It's not like Deb and Dex are living very far apart from each other.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-10-2012, 11:03 AM
(11-10-2012 04:04 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 03:20 PM)k37713 Wrote:  YES-- I got the creepy crawlies! I love Dexter but I really hope they leave all that brotherly sisterly love out this season.. So far this season is awesome IMO

You mean adopted-brotherly sisterly love. No blood relation. So it's all good.

Looks like they have so far killed that entirely with no reference to it yet this season, but who knows. It's not like Deb and Dex are living very far apart from each other.

I understand that there is no blood relation - but regardless, they grew up together. The relationship that is there is more important than the blood relation - I've got several siblings from dif situations, half and step and the such. Still really psychologically fucked in my book!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang