Dexter's Back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: Dexter's Back.
(12-10-2012 11:03 AM)k37713 Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 04:04 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You mean adopted-brotherly sisterly love. No blood relation. So it's all good.

Looks like they have so far killed that entirely with no reference to it yet this season, but who knows. It's not like Deb and Dex are living very far apart from each other.

I understand that there is no blood relation - but regardless, they grew up together. The relationship that is there is more important than the blood relation - I've got several siblings from dif situations, half and step and the such. Still really psychologically fucked in my book!

But, but, but...

Someone's gotta say it.

It's The South. This kind of thing has to be more culturally acceptable there.

Isn't the Georgia state motto "If you can't keep it in your pants, then keep it in the family"? (I got that from an old friend of mine from Barnsville, Georgia).

Florida is even MORE south than Georgia, right?

Besides, doesn't the whole "it's taboo" thing make it more exciting? Just a little? Sprinkle in the reality that they're not really related so the reasons for the taboo don't really apply, and presto! Recipe for family fun.

Good times.

(Disclaimer: I'm having fun poking at boundaries - these are not necessarily my actual viewpoints on the matter)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I have found the show unpleasantly dark and disgusting since day one. And not simply because there are gruesome death scenes.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
(12-10-2012 01:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Don't take this the wrong way, but I have found the show unpleasantly dark and disgusting since day one. And not simply because there are gruesome death scenes.

I think that was the point. I think the producers knew it and the proof of that is the opening credit info with Dex doing all that ordinary normal stuff but they make it look dark and disgusting on purpose.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-10-2012, 02:07 PM
(12-10-2012 01:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 01:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Don't take this the wrong way, but I have found the show unpleasantly dark and disgusting since day one. And not simply because there are gruesome death scenes.

I think that was the point. I think the producers knew it and the proof of that is the opening credit info with Dex doing all that ordinary normal stuff but they make it look dark and disgusting on purpose.

As I said, the look does not matter to me. It is the premise.

Poonjab
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
(12-10-2012 11:13 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 11:03 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I understand that there is no blood relation - but regardless, they grew up together. The relationship that is there is more important than the blood relation - I've got several siblings from dif situations, half and step and the such. Still really psychologically fucked in my book!

But, but, but...

Someone's gotta say it.

It's The South. This kind of thing has to be more culturally acceptable there.

Isn't the Georgia state motto "If you can't keep it in your pants, then keep it in the family"? (I got that from an old friend of mine from Barnsville, Georgia).

Florida is even MORE south than Georgia, right?

Besides, doesn't the whole "it's taboo" thing make it more exciting? Just a little? Sprinkle in the reality that they're not really related so the reasons for the taboo don't really apply, and presto! Recipe for family fun.

Good times.

(Disclaimer: I'm having fun poking at boundaries - these are not necessarily my actual viewpoints on the matter)

I live in TX so we are pretty south here too.. No incest I'm aware of.. haha.. BUT maybe it is reserved for the rural areas?! We all have our teeth too.. whewww...

Anyone read the books?? This is one of the few times I can say that the show is WAY better.. The Dexter character in the book is really different -- more a "ladies man" - cheesy and not the same HBO feel to it

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
12-10-2012, 02:13 PM
(12-10-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 01:56 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I think that was the point. I think the producers knew it and the proof of that is the opening credit info with Dex doing all that ordinary normal stuff but they make it look dark and disgusting on purpose.

As I said, the look does not matter to me. It is the premise.

This coming from a person who uses cute anime as your avatar Smile Smile

( I'm totally just teasing - don't go off on me on where it came from or how cool your cartoon is pleeease )

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
12-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Love the show. Don't mind the brother and sister relationship. Thought the recent seasons sucked, but now I think it will be awesome, considering an watched the two episodes back to back, both impressing me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-10-2012, 03:17 AM
(12-10-2012 02:13 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  As I said, the look does not matter to me. It is the premise.

This coming from a person who uses cute anime as your avatar Smile Smile

( I'm totally just teasing - don't go off on me on where it came from or how cool your cartoon is pleeease )

The avatar was drawn by a friend.

And, as far as I am concerned, the show is based off of an impossible idea and presents a disgusting premise.

Poonjab
13-10-2012, 03:46 AM
(13-10-2012 03:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And, as far as I am concerned, the show is based off of an impossible idea and presents a disgusting premise.

Do you only like realistic happy shows about friendship and love? Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
13-10-2012, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 03:51 AM by Logica Humano.)
(13-10-2012 03:46 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 03:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And, as far as I am concerned, the show is based off of an impossible idea and presents a disgusting premise.

Do you only like realistic happy shows about friendship and love? Tongue

Where, in anything did I say, can you gather this? Did I say I don't like it because of the violence? No. I said I dislike it because of the premise.

And when you can justify to me what the main character does, how a psychopath can do what he does righteously, and how said series can be entertaining without cruel sadistic pleasure, the show will be crossed off of my "fucked up" list.

Poonjab