Dexter's Back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Dexter's Back.
(13-10-2012 04:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  They are born without an INNATE sense of right an wrong, but Luc is right in the fact that they can be taught.

I usually think Dexter can be justified in what he does, but he has to do it correctly, and without any errors which, in the show, is repeatedly shown that he is not always correct.

I think not.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2012, 05:21 PM
And you're still not only missing the point I made but the point of this thread as well. Bravo.

They understand the difference between what is right and wrong. They understand consequence completely. And like I typed before, they don't understand or often give a rats ass why something is considered right or wrong. But they do know that if they do something that society has classed as wrong, there will often be negative consequences for it if they are caught.

Nowhere did I type that they are emotional, or empathetic.

Now back to the talk of Dexter, the show.

I haven't watched the two episodes for this season yet though. Everyone who I've heard talk of it have said that it's made them excited for the show again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Dexter's Back.
People who play violent video games become murderers.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-10-2012, 11:00 PM
(13-10-2012 07:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  People who play violent video games become murderers.

Fact.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-10-2012, 04:51 PM
(13-10-2012 05:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I haven't watched the two episodes for this season yet though. Everyone who I've heard talk of it have said that it's made them excited for the show again.

The first 2 episodes made me think the writers were setting up the end game and this was the last season, but I see they've renewed for Season 8. The writers wanted to end it this season but it must be too profitable. .... God I hope the show don't end as sucky as Lost did.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
14-10-2012, 08:26 PM
(14-10-2012 04:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 05:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I haven't watched the two episodes for this season yet though. Everyone who I've heard talk of it have said that it's made them excited for the show again.

The first 2 episodes made me think the writers were setting up the end game and this was the last season, but I see they've renewed for Season 8. The writers wanted to end it this season but it must be too profitable. .... God I hope the show don't end as sucky as Lost did.

As far as I am concerned, the way the season is going is really good, but to thing has hinted to me that they were setting this season up to be the last one.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-10-2012, 08:46 PM
(14-10-2012 08:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  As far as I am concerned, the way the season is going is really good, but to [sic] thing has hinted to me that they were setting this season up to be the last one.

You're prolly just too young to know when a climax is coming. Tongue Tonight's episode might give you some clue as to one possible ending the writer's had in mind (won't give away anymore and risk the wrath of PennyWise).

Looks like the producers did want to end it this season but ShowTime convinced them otherwise.

TV Guide: Since the show has been renewed for two more seasons, is this definitely the end?
Colleton: This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
16-10-2012, 06:27 PM
(12-10-2012 11:13 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 11:03 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I understand that there is no blood relation - but regardless, they grew up together. The relationship that is there is more important than the blood relation - I've got several siblings from dif situations, half and step and the such. Still really psychologically fucked in my book!

But, but, but...

Someone's gotta say it.

It's The South. This kind of thing has to be more culturally acceptable there.

Isn't the Georgia state motto "If you can't keep it in your pants, then keep it in the family"? (I got that from an old friend of mine from Barnsville, Georgia).

Florida is even MORE south than Georgia, right?

Besides, doesn't the whole "it's taboo" thing make it more exciting? Just a little? Sprinkle in the reality that they're not really related so the reasons for the taboo don't really apply, and presto! Recipe for family fun.

Good times.

(Disclaimer: I'm having fun poking at boundaries - these are not necessarily my actual viewpoints on the matter)

These are my actual viewpoints on the matter. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user