Dhaka Bangladesh terror attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Dhaka Bangladesh terror attack
Twenty foreigners were killed by heavily-armed terrorists after being taken hostage at a restaurant in Dhaka Bangladesh today 2nd July 2016.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadi activity online.

Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina said

"It was an extremely heinous act. What kind of Muslims are these people? They don't have any religion,"

What do you think when you hear this? I completely disagree that these criminals do not have any religion. They are in fact obsessed by religion and carry out terrorist actions in the name of their particular form of religious belief.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Dhaka Bangladesh terror attack
I think he's trying to say that true believers in god wouldn't behave this way. Sadly, there is ~5,000 years of recorded human history that disagree with him.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
02-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Every one thinks they're the good guy.

This is the problem when books that are open to interpretation are given a platform of being the most important thing on the planet and "written by a god". This happens all the time in every religion. It's just the most clear in the Muslim states. Medieval practices being brought to light. We have two side's the "passive" Muslim and the "extremist" Muslim. Both can point to the same book and say that they're doing the work of Allah. It's a clear problem. But in the mind of the believer it's not. Because "Allah" has written the message on their hearts to be able to read the text the way they were ment to be read.

It's the No True Scotsman Fallacy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
02-07-2016, 11:50 AM
This is getting ridiculous. When are they going to piss off enough people for much of the world to get together and rub them out? It'll happen eventually. They mess with too many different entities, they are just going to cause everyone to pull together and then - watch out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Quote:"It was an extremely heinous act. What kind of Muslims are these people?

Average?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-07-2016, 12:29 PM
(02-07-2016 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is getting ridiculous. When are they going to piss off enough people for much of the world to get together and rub them out? It'll happen eventually. They mess with too many different entities, they are just going to cause everyone to pull together and then - watch out.

Which is exactly what they want.

Voilà! 2 billion people will be forced to take sides ... their traditions and families vs. their modern comforts.

You guys over there might be OK but I don't fancy my chances much.

Weeping

02-07-2016, 02:33 PM
The religion of peace, eh?
02-07-2016, 03:19 PM
(02-07-2016 12:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is getting ridiculous. When are they going to piss off enough people for much of the world to get together and rub them out? It'll happen eventually. They mess with too many different entities, they are just going to cause everyone to pull together and then - watch out.

Which is exactly what they want.

Voilà! 2 billion people will be forced to take sides ... their traditions and families vs. their modern comforts.

Weeping

I doubt it would amount to WW3. I think it would be more targeted than that these days. But if this keeps going on in all kinds of different countries around the world, some day the are going to have enough.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-07-2016, 03:29 PM
(02-07-2016 03:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 12:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Which is exactly what they want.

Weeping

I doubt it would amount to WW3. I think it would be more targeted than that these days. But if this keeps going on in all kinds of different countries around the world, some day the are going to have enough.

I think it's already a world war. I would say it starts roughly around the begging of the Arab spring.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
02-07-2016, 03:36 PM
(02-07-2016 08:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think he's trying to say that true believers in god wouldn't behave this way. Sadly, there is ~5,000 years of recorded human history that disagree with him.
Agreed. It's like saying that the Roman Catholics who pump millions of dollars annually into the Vatican coffers—but ignore crippled beggars outside its walls—have any religion.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post