Diablo III

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Diablo III
I played it for a bit, got most of the way through a 2nd play-through on Hard then gave up. I was NOT going to grind the maps repeatedly on Hard to get the exact items with the exact bonuses and resistances needed just so that I could get the the next harder setting and do it all over again. I was not going to buy the shit I need on the Auction House either. They tuned that game to balance it like an MMO, and to that I say 'Fuck you Blizzard, it's a game, not a second job'.

Then I went back to Torchlight 2, a game that wasn't broken by game mechanics dictated by corporate greed.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2013, 11:25 PM
(15-12-2013 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I played it for a bit, got most of the way through a 2nd play-through on Hard then gave up. I was NOT going to grind the maps repeatedly on Hard to get the exact items with the exact bonuses and resistances needed just so that I could get the the next harder setting and do it all over again. I was not going to buy the shit I need on the Auction House either. They tuned that game to balance it like an MMO, and to that I say 'Fuck you Blizzard, it's a game, not a second job'.

Then I went back to Torchlight 2, a game that wasn't broken by game mechanics dictated by corporate greed.
You'll be happy to hear that they are going to remove the Auction House and trading system entirely with the new add-on "Reaper of Souls".

You will also no longer have to beat the game four times because they're going to replace the current difficulty system with a proper flexible and dynamic one.

I can hardly express how much I'm looking forward to this. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
16-12-2013, 04:46 AM
(15-12-2013 11:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You'll be happy to hear that they are going to remove the Auction House and trading system entirely with the new add-on "Reaper of Souls".

You will also no longer have to beat the game four times because they're going to replace the current difficulty system with a proper flexible and dynamic one.

I can hardly express how much I'm looking forward to this. Smile

So basically, what they should have done in the first fucking place instead of that nickle-and-dime Auction House bullshit (and the fucked up game balance and economy created to support it) jammed into a full $60 retail release...

To late, don't care. Torchlight gets far more goodwill from not being retarded, if and when I ever want to scratch that itch again. But I'm having too much fun with Payday 2 and Starbound to be bothered at the moment. Which is a real shame as Diablo III, from the perspective of a game designer, did a lot of things right. But almost everything it did wrong could be laid to rest at the feet of the Auction House and the corporate greed that put it there.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
16-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Logged in to the PTR beta on my lunch break. Was surprised to see the new difficulty settings: Normal, Hard, Extreme, Master, and Torment. The first three being available immediately, the latter two are available after level 60 and 70 respectively. Torment apparently has a slider for making it even more difficult, six different levels that I assume mimic what the MP adjustments did.

Paragon levels are now unlimited. There are now clans and communities to use, and a slew of other changes.

Details here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11883960/

All of the adjustments and new modes coming with the Reaper of Souls pack are actually pretty exciting. I was right to be skeptical, but I think they might actually pull this one off.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
17-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Added Anudist, Logisch, and Vosur.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
18-12-2013, 08:54 AM
(17-12-2013 03:40 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Added Anudist, Logisch, and Vosur.
What region are you from; Europe, America or Asia?

Never mind, I already looked it up. Well, sucks that the characters don't transfer from region to region; I'd have to start all over again. Dodgy

18-12-2013, 11:06 AM
(18-12-2013 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 03:40 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Added Anudist, Logisch, and Vosur.
What region are you from; Europe, America or Asia?

Never mind, I already looked it up. Well, sucks that the characters don't transfer from region to region; I'd have to start all over again. Dodgy

If you want to cool if not cool. I beat normal mode yesterday with my Wizard (Cebo) and will be making a Demon Hunter eventually.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
18-12-2013, 11:26 AM
(18-12-2013 11:06 AM)Crulax Wrote:  If you want to cool if not cool. I beat normal mode yesterday with my Wizard (Cebo) and will be making a Demon Hunter eventually.
It's not that big of a problem, I guess. Let's roll. Smile

24-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Crulax and me owning Diablo:

[Image: kT2q3Aa.jpg]

My two monks (EU and US respectively):

[Image: i4rHpaW.jpg]

[Image: VSnHp8e.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Well seeing as Girly posted my Barbar, here's my Wizard.
A couple million gold in AH gear and he 1shots everything.

[Image: 24o9da8.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post