Dichloroacetic acid; Cure for cancer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: Dichloroacetic acid; Cure for cancer?
(22-04-2015 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 07:23 AM)Augustine17 Wrote:  Some parts may seem weird taken from a forum.

All of it is weird. That is one big, stinking pile of woo.

Yep, as soon as I got to "every cell and form of matter is simply a vibration" it was obvious that anything of value in the rest would be so mired in woo that it would be lost forever.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-04-2015, 07:53 AM
(22-04-2015 07:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  anything of value

... While he was typing this he was occupied. Perhaps happy. That's gotta be a positive right? Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-04-2015, 02:00 PM
(21-11-2013 08:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unless the amazing cure for cancer is something readily available for people to obtain themselves (without purchasing it) big pharma would make boatloads. I find it highly unlikely the cure would be something so readily available in everyone's daily lives, or we would have figured it out already.

If I'm not mistaken, in order for something to be sold legally as a "cure for cancer" it would have to go through rigorous testing, peer review, trials, FDA approval etc. this all requires money to do. Once you went through all of these steps, then you can package, market and sell it.

I could be wrong, this is just my off-the-cuff musings.

Not wrong. Drugs have to go through at least 3 phases before they can be marketed. These phases are called Phase I, Phase II and Phase III. Link below.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/ctphases.html

You'll notice there's also a Phase IV trial. Phase III and Phase IV are similar in that they are carried out on large(-ish) groups of real patients. Phase III trials always have inclusion and exclusion criteria. For example, a Phase III trial may exclude pregnant women or patients who are taking statins. Phase IV trials are carried out in the general population and will generally include patients not included in the Phase III study.

Many drugs also undergo animal testing before Phase I.

Many drugs don't even get past Phase I or Phase II. And, even if they do, it can take a long time. Another link...

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/a...lekey=9877