Dick Gregory passes away.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Dick Gregory passes away.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...t=20170820

Quote:Gregory talked in 2003 about his experience trying to integrate a restaurant in Mississippi before the march, showing he could inject some humor into a serious story:
"We tried to integrate a restaurant, and they said, `We don't serve colored folk here,' and I said, `Well, I don't eat colored folk nowhere. Bring me some pork chops.' And then Ku Klux Klan come in, and the woman say, `We don't have no pork chops,' so I say, `Well, bring me a whole fried chicken.' And then the Klan walked up to me when they put that whole fried chicken in front of me, and they say, `Whatever you do to that chicken, boy, we're going to do to you.' So I opened up its legs and kissed it in the rump and tell you all, `Be my guest.' "

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Dick Gregory passes away.
thank you Anjele
21-08-2017, 11:13 AM
(20-08-2017 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...t=20170820

Quote:Gregory talked in 2003 about his experience trying to integrate a restaurant in Mississippi before the march, showing he could inject some humor into a serious story:
"We tried to integrate a restaurant, and they said, `We don't serve colored folk here,' and I said, `Well, I don't eat colored folk nowhere. Bring me some pork chops.' And then Ku Klux Klan come in, and the woman say, `We don't have no pork chops,' so I say, `Well, bring me a whole fried chicken.' And then the Klan walked up to me when they put that whole fried chicken in front of me, and they say, `Whatever you do to that chicken, boy, we're going to do to you.' So I opened up its legs and kissed it in the rump and tell you all, `Be my guest.' "

"He opened the door for Bill Cosby to become famous.". Might not want to be listing that as an accomplishment. Bill Cosby is a racist twit and a rapist on top of that. Can anyone say Sex Offender registry?
21-08-2017, 04:02 PM
(21-08-2017 11:13 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...t=20170820

"He opened the door for Bill Cosby to become famous.". Might not want to be listing that as an accomplishment. Bill Cosby is a racist twit and a rapist on top of that. Can anyone say Sex Offender registry?

You really are a miserable human being. Truly. The article is about the death of a man who helped open a lot of doors for people of color. In no way did he lead Cosby into the things he has been accused of.

Take your storm cloud, glass half empty, victim crap somewhere else. It's really become tiring.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Jerry Lewis passed too.
21-08-2017, 05:20 PM
(21-08-2017 05:12 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Jerry Lewis passed too.

Yeah, there's another thread about that. I wish comfort for the family and friends of both.

22-08-2017, 06:43 AM
(21-08-2017 04:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 11:13 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  "He opened the door for Bill Cosby to become famous.". Might not want to be listing that as an accomplishment. Bill Cosby is a racist twit and a rapist on top of that. Can anyone say Sex Offender registry?

You really are a miserable human being. Truly. The article is about the death of a man who helped open a lot of doors for people of color. In no way did he lead Cosby into the things he has been accused of.

Take your storm cloud, glass half empty, victim crap somewhere else. It's really become tiring.

I didn't say he lead bill cosby into what he did. I am saying he helped an evil man become rich and powerful.
22-08-2017, 03:59 PM
(22-08-2017 06:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 04:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You really are a miserable human being. Truly. The article is about the death of a man who helped open a lot of doors for people of color. In no way did he lead Cosby into the things he has been accused of.

I didn't say he lead bill cosby into what he did. I am saying he helped an evil man become rich and powerful.

You really are a pain in the ass.

22-08-2017, 10:16 PM
(21-08-2017 11:13 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Omfg you're really a miserable twat.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-08-2017, 11:06 PM
(21-08-2017 11:13 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  "He opened the door for Bill Cosby to become famous.". Might not want to be listing that as an accomplishment. Bill Cosby is a racist twit and a rapist on top of that. Can anyone say Sex Offender registry?

Your take on this really shows up your intellectual deficit, your insidious racism, and your bigotry.

When it's mentioned that Gregory "opened the door" for Bill Cosby, the reporter is saying it figuratively. In the same way that he opened the door for other black comedians such as Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and Flip Wilson for example.

And in your misplaced attempt to malign Gregory for his association with Cosby, you've conflated their friendship as indicating some sort of complicity with Cosby's alleged criminal activity, on Gregory's part—which is absurd.

And can I ask exactly what you have done for the overall betterment of our society? I thought so. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post