Dicks out for Tilikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 11:38 AM by cactus.)
Dicks out for Tilikum
So sad. I will miss his shenanigans.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tilikum-seaw...pany-says/

Brace yourselves, people are going to politicize the hell out of this death. I've already seen a Facebook post comparing Sea World to Nazi Germany; yeah, the same Sea World that's already announced they'll be phasing out their captive orca exhibits.

Other people watched Blackfish and told me exactly how retroactively angry I should be at Sea World.
Guess I'd better tell these people that I'm exactly as angry as they told me to be, or else I might disappoint them. Hmm, or maybe I'll just not do that Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
06-01-2017, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 12:23 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Dicks out for Tilikum
(06-01-2017 11:34 AM)cactus Wrote:  So sad. I will miss his shenanigans.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tilikum-seaw...pany-says/

Brace yourselves, people are going to politicize the hell out of this death. I've already seen a Facebook post comparing Sea World to Nazi Germany; yeah, the same Sea World that's already announced they'll be phasing out their captive orca exhibits.

Other people watched Blackfish and told me exactly how retroactively angry I should be at Sea World.
Guess I'd better tell these people that I'm exactly as angry as they told me to be, or else I might disappoint them. Hmm, or maybe I'll just not do that Drinking Beverage

I agree it is sad that he died. I'm not particularly fussed that people were killed by him...from what I've read orcas are intelligent and I think any mammal that is intelligent is probably prone to some sort of mental illness...maybe it was that or maybe he was just doing what Orca's do....I haven't a clue.

Honestly tho sea world (and others like them) should not have marine mammals performing tricks for a lazy public that somehow thinks a tank is just as good as the open ocean. Also the breeding programs...Don't get me started on that shit. Same as elephants kept in tiny areas when contrasted to the amount of miles they can cover. That shit does kinda piss me off and I'm glad many zoos are abandoning their elephant exhibits.

Now, I get it with zoos and such. Orphaned animals that wouldn't stand a chance ending in up in zoos -- I'm actually ok with that to some degree. Let the public learn about them and they should ask lots of questions. But don't breed them and use them as a commodity or resource to generate revenue..

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Yeah, breeding non-domesticated animals in captivity is kind of a strange human practice, IMO. I don't see much of a reason for it, outside of financial interests, or just wanting to see exotic animals from the comfort of your own neighborhood, which is also a lame reason.

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
06-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Damn it, now the Free Willy soundtrack is stuck in my head.
Thanks, Michael Jackson Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Unless Tilikum's cause of death turns out 'harpooned through the heart, to stop him from eating a human child', my dick is staying in my pants. Undecided

[Image: 1width500height500appearanceId1version1469749693.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I was goofing around in a shoreline goldmine cave on Kodiak Island, that was only accessible at low tide........

When I left -- there was an orca swimming just offshore, next to the path that I had to take to get back up, to get to higher ground...................

The fuck probably could have eaten me, as I scrambled to get up................

I've never felt so low on the food chain...........

I think I peed myself, a little bit...

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Don't get me wrong; I'm happy SeaWorld is phasing out their killer whale exhibits. It's definitely a start, but that does not mean I'm going to purchase a park ticket any time soon. SeaWorld is still perpetuating false information about killer whales (i.e short life expectancy, collapsed dorsal fins not being indicators of a killer whale's health or well-being), and after everything that went down, I do not feel comfortable giving them my business. :/ I feel bad for the fifty-five killer whales that are still in captivity.
07-01-2017, 12:20 PM
(06-01-2017 12:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I agree it is sad that he died. I'm not particularly fussed that people were killed by him...from what I've read orcas are intelligent and I think any mammal that is intelligent is probably prone to some sort of mental illness...maybe it was that or maybe he was just doing what Orca's do....I haven't a clue.

That seems to be the case. There hasn't been a single recorded incident of a wild orca killing a human, despite having ample opportunities to do so and despite being known for their vicious hunting tactics when dealing with those things which they do attack. It's only the ones in captivity that seem to have a problem with people.

'Murican Canadian
07-01-2017, 12:23 PM
(07-01-2017 11:45 AM)Sloane Wrote:  Don't get me wrong; I'm happy SeaWorld is phasing out their killer whale exhibits. It's definitely a start, but that does not mean I'm going to purchase a park ticket any time soon. SeaWorld is still perpetuating false information about killer whales (i.e short life expectancy, collapsed dorsal fins not being indicators of a killer whale's health or well-being), and after everything that went down, I do not feel comfortable giving them my business. :/ I feel bad for the fifty-five killer whales that are still in captivity.

They're not whales.........

But, they are killers.

It's in their job description.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2017, 12:32 PM
(07-01-2017 12:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 11:45 AM)Sloane Wrote:  Don't get me wrong; I'm happy SeaWorld is phasing out their killer whale exhibits. It's definitely a start, but that does not mean I'm going to purchase a park ticket any time soon. SeaWorld is still perpetuating false information about killer whales (i.e short life expectancy, collapsed dorsal fins not being indicators of a killer whale's health or well-being), and after everything that went down, I do not feel comfortable giving them my business. :/ I feel bad for the fifty-five killer whales that are still in captivity.

They're not whales.........

But, they are killers.

It's in their job description.

Actually, they are whales.

"The killer whale or orca (Orcinus orca) is a toothed whale belonging to the oceanic dolphin family, of which it is the largest member."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user