Dicks out for Tilikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 12:42 PM
RE: Dicks out for Tilikum
They're RELATED to whales, but are the largest of the dolphins....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 12:45 PM
(06-01-2017 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I was goofing around in a shoreline goldmine cave on Kodiak Island, that was only accessible at low tide........

When I left -- there was an orca swimming just offshore, next to the path that I had to take to get back up, to get to higher ground...................

The fuck probably could have eaten me, as I scrambled to get up................

I've never felt so low on the food chain...........

I think I peed myself, a little bit...

Blush

You were probably not in such a big danger. Only one person was ever injured by a wild orca, not even killed, it was 1972 and a surfer was, probably accidentaly, bitten by an orca. About three other person reported incident involving wild orcas but they involved being bumbed and one was accidently dragged underwater because he got entangled by his bag full of food that the orca was attempting to steal. That's it. Wild orcas are surpringly gentle and careful creature when it comes to humans. We have far, far more incident with common dolphins then with them. Tilikum has been involved in about as much incidents than the entire population of wild orcas over the last 150 years. that's a pretty rare achievement.

PS: the term killer whale would come from a mistranslation from basque to english. In basque the name was whale killer, due to the fact that fisherman saw them hunt and kill whales.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
07-01-2017, 01:19 PM
(06-01-2017 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I was goofing around in a shoreline goldmine cave on Kodiak Island, that was only accessible at low tide........

When I left -- there was an orca swimming just offshore, next to the path that I had to take to get back up, to get to higher ground...................

Blush

Just peed a little? I would have done worse.

Burn those pants!! They're not worth washing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Oops. I meant to post this.

Can you imagine what people would do if authorities blew up a beached whale today? I think it was Dave Letterman or some late night talk show host that showed this video on his show and made all sorts of jokes about it and had the audience laughing along too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-01-2017, 02:30 PM
(07-01-2017 12:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

Blush

You were probably not in such a big danger. Only one person was ever injured by a wild orca, not even killed, it was 1972 and a surfer was, probably accidentaly, bitten by an orca. About three other person reported incident involving wild orcas but they involved being bumbed and one was accidently dragged underwater because he got entangled by his bag full of food that the orca was attempting to steal. That's it. Wild orcas are surpringly gentle and careful creature when it comes to humans. We have far, far more incident with common dolphins then with them. Tilikum has been involved in about as much incidents than the entire population of wild orcas over the last 150 years. that's a pretty rare achievement.

PS: the term killer whale would come from a mistranslation from basque to english. In basque the name was whale killer, due to the fact that fisherman saw them hunt and kill whales.

"Probably" -- try telling my survival instinct that...........

When you're that close to a carnivorous predator - alone - and in the wild -- it's fucking scary ---- regardless of the statistics....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-01-2017, 02:31 PM
(07-01-2017 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They're RELATED to whales, but are the largest of the dolphins....

Dolphins are toothed whales.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
(07-01-2017 02:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Probably" -- try telling my survival instinct that...........

When you're that close to a carnivorous predator - alone - and in the wild -- it's fucking scary ---- regardless of the statistics....

I know that sort of feeling, but I personnaly think its a bit reassuring to know, after the event, that maybe, much of that fear was unwaranted. I almost shit my pants when a tamed wolf started to sniff my butt while visiting an animal refuge. The wolf in question was raised by humans from birth and was far from behaving in a threatening matter, but these beasts are a hell of a lot more scary in real life than on TV. I thought it was reassuring to know after the shock that I wasn't really in danger. I also thought you might like to know that killer whales are the least dangerous large predatory animal from the sea. Tunas have injured more people than orcas. It was my version of a random fact per day. Here's another one: octopus have three hearts to allow blood to circulate in their tentacles.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
07-01-2017, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 07:19 PM by yakherder.)
Fascinating how smart they are, not to mention how well they coordinate with others.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-01-2017, 03:43 PM
(07-01-2017 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They're RELATED to whales, but are the largest of the dolphins....

Look, his racial background doesn't matter.

"TIlikum might have been enslaved and kept in a tank but he didn't take that shit lying down. Or floating. He was a soldier who struck back at the idiot monkeys who treated a marvelous apex predator like a toy horse. He fought for justice. He slew his foes. Rest well soldier."

--Dr. Shoggoth

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post