Did Abe Lincoln really exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Did Abe Lincoln really exist?
You gotta read this thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...881&page=1

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
19-05-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Did Abe Lincoln really exist?
Wow. They certainly have the argument down, just a little fallacious when it comes to application. Hilarious to read, though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-05-2013, 09:13 PM
(19-05-2013 10:19 AM)germanyt Wrote:  You gotta read this thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...881&page=1

I'm....Really confused.

Is this Christians making fun of atheist Christ-Myth theory propagators?

Is it Atheists making fun of Christians who say if you deny Jesus' existence you should also deny Caesar's?

Is it agnostics making fun of Christ-Mythers?

is it random people who thought this would be funny? (It is)
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
30-05-2013, 09:33 PM
What do you mean by "exist?" Technically, the only time is now, and he ain't here, so...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 11:20 PM
No. But mermaids do.

Maybe Abe was a merman.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
30-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh wow. So when does FB add this to their religious preferences choices? Hmm.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 11:46 PM
(30-05-2013 11:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  No. But mermaids do.

Maybe Abe was a merman.

After watching the Animal Planet Docuficiton on mermaids I don't even want to begin down that road. Shocking

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-05-2013, 11:50 PM
(30-05-2013 11:46 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  No. But mermaids do.

Maybe Abe was a merman.

After watching the Animal Planet Docuficiton on mermaids I don't even want to begin down that road. Shocking

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering how much brainwash candy the mocu-mentary was giving out, I've seen all kinds of stupid conversations. Come'on!
31-05-2013, 03:04 AM
(30-05-2013 11:50 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:46 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  After watching the Animal Planet Docuficiton on mermaids I don't even want to begin down that road. Shocking

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering how much brainwash candy the mocu-mentary was giving out, I've seen all kinds of stupid conversations. Come'on!

It was something... wasn't good but it was something. Dodgy Lot of CGI but they claimed they were of the same line as modern Humans then had them living 100+ million years ago so... It was insulting to anyone with even a basic knowledge of Human evolution.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Seems like Christians parodying atheists who claim that there isn't enough evidence to substantiate the existence of Jesus. I don't think the parody works very well, they might have better luck with trying their hand at someone like Alexander or something, I don't know, but this attempt to undermine they disbelief in Jesus of Nazareth really sucks. For the record though, I think that there probably was once a man names Jesus who preached who knows what and was killed for being a political threat. I have little doubt that Lincoln existed...I guess the same goes for Alexander, but Lincoln is a particularly poor choice as we have plenty of records as well as images and personal effects to include a death-mask to back up the existence of Lincoln. His importance or decisions may be called into question, but he did exist.