Did Adam and Eve commit Incest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Did Adam and Eve commit Incest?
Th real question is did Eve also invent the blow job, hand job, and 5th base? I mean what good is a tree of knowledge if you can't learn the fun stuff.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
(01-05-2015 04:22 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  A day is a thousand years to God.

I've heard that and simaler comments before. My question would be.

He would know what a day would be to us. And he would know what a year would be to us. So why didn't he just say it that way?

And on topic Adam and eve may not have had incest. But their kids sure did. And Noah, and his kids. The bible loves incest.

The bible does love incest. i always thought that whole passage about Lot and his two daughters was particularly disturbing...
01-05-2015, 05:21 PM
(01-05-2015 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, if Adam and Eve were the first and only people on Earth and their mission was to populate it...I suspect there were generations of incest.

It's not like they could have hooked up with other people on Christian Mingle.

lol. Ok I was just thinking about Christian Mingle. "Find Gods match for you." All the web sight dose is bring you to your parents or siblings Facebook page.

Forget the rest! Incest is the Best!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
01-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Here is the bizarre way they try to explain away incest in the Bible over at a christian website:

http://www.gotquestions.org/incest-in-the-Bible.html
01-05-2015, 05:29 PM
(01-05-2015 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Here is the bizarre way they try to explain away incest in the Bible over at a christian website:

lol "time of moses"....ahhh I just love fairy tales

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-05-2015, 05:33 PM
(01-05-2015 05:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 05:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Here is the bizarre way they try to explain away incest in the Bible over at a christian website:

lol "time of moses"....ahhh I just love fairy tales

Yeah, seriously lol. I love this part over at the gotquestions christian website: "It did not become 'incest' until God commanded against it." Lovely. No
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-05-2015, 05:45 PM
I also like how god created the 7 day thing... Then named each of the days after other gods.

I also like how he named all the animals, but not dinosaurs.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
(01-05-2015 05:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 05:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  lol "time of moses"....ahhh I just love fairy tales

Yeah, seriously lol. I love this part over at the gotquestions christian website: "It did not become 'incest' until God commanded against it." Lovely. No

Would have been nice if god had commanded against rape and slavery, and my favorite part is when the christians say, "oh well, it was a different time and culture back then".....truly? so god, who knows everything, didnt realize it was wrong for one group of his creations to enslave another group of his creations...really?....didnt realize to forcibly rape another person against their will was...fundamentally wrong....the ten commandments read like something a man would make up....oh wait....thats because they were Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-05-2015, 05:53 PM
(01-05-2015 05:45 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  I also like how god created the 7 day thing... Then named each of the days after other gods.

I also like how he named all the animals, but not dinosaurs.

Didn't Adam name the animals?

I think Fred and Barney named the dinosaurs. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-05-2015, 06:02 PM
(01-05-2015 05:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 05:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, seriously lol. I love this part over at the gotquestions christian website: "It did not become 'incest' until God commanded against it." Lovely. No

Would have been nice if god had commanded against rape and slavery, and my favorite part is when the christians say, "oh well, it was a different time and culture back then".....truly? so god, who knows everything, didnt realize it was wrong for one group of his creations to enslave another group of his creations...really?....didnt realize to forcibly rape another person against their will was...fundamentally wrong....the ten commandments read like something a man would make up....oh wait....thats because they were Drooling

Christians love to give god a free pass for everything--rape/slavery--and all of his killings. My favorite Christian response to god committing mass genocide: All the people in other nations that god wiped out and destroyed--oh well, you see, they were realllllly bad people and they deserved it... Blink