Did Adam and Eve commit Incest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Did Adam and Eve commit Incest?
(01-05-2015 08:30 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 03:21 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I have never heard anyone ever put forth such a question before in my life. But this site felt that there was a burning need to answer this question. Since this is from the FAQ section of the website, I guess it's a common question asked of creationists?

http://www.creationmoments.com/content/d...mit-incest

No. Imaginary things do nothing. I know what you're doing but the problem I have with these kind of questions is that they allow the arbitrary into the realm of cognition. If a theist asked me this question I would reply that there was no Adam and Eve, its a story. If I were to speculate on the question then I would be granting that the story of Genesis is possible without any evidential grounds. This is not a dig at you for asking. It is just my own personal approach. I've been trying not to engage these types of questions lately.

IDK, it's a mixed bag to me. This is just my personal experience with it, but I have found a significant number of Christians who do not believe in the stories of creation, tower of babel and Noah's flood. But virtually every Christian believes in the OT stories starting with Moses thru David, Solomon and up to the Maccabees. If you can grab ahold of the loose threads and start pulling, you may get others to see that the tapestry comes apart.

Bear in mind that I'm still new to this, so I'm probably more on the naive side.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Incest wasn't invented yet. Back then, it was just sex. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2015, 04:45 AM
(02-05-2015 04:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Incest wasn't invented yet. Back then, it was just sex. Thumbsup

You mean they didn't have enough to bother with distinctions? Consider

Sounds boring as shit. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-05-2015, 05:12 AM
(02-05-2015 04:45 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 04:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Incest wasn't invented yet. Back then, it was just sex. Thumbsup

You mean they didn't have enough to bother with distinctions? Consider

Sounds boring as shit. Undecided

He hadda pound nations outta that girl, she couldna been too boring. Tongue

living word
02-05-2015, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 05:51 AM by TheInquisition.)
(01-05-2015 06:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 06:06 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Wait. Fifth base? I've never heard of this...

Consulted google...Oohhhhhh. Gotcha.

I think god woulda been pissed about Adam spilling his seed for any purpose other than baby making. They needed tons of children so they could go forth and populate the world, maybe mix up the gene pool a bit with the random Succubus and whatnot.

Lol and the nephilim(sons of god)--can't forget about them and their sexual liaisons with human women which produced offspring Consider

The Nephilim is a higher level of stupidity of this god. Why did YHWH make angels with dicks? Why did he make them with functional sexual reproduction systems that were genetically compatible enough with humans to actually produce super-humans. WTF YHWH??

I'm sure hilarity and facepalms would ensue if you tried to pin down an explanation from a believer for the OBVIOUS intent of YHWH making angels capable of sexual reproduction with humans. So what was his plan for this stupidity? Laughat

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-05-2015, 06:13 AM
(02-05-2015 05:33 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 06:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Lol and the nephilim(sons of god)--can't forget about them and their sexual liaisons with human women which produced offspring Consider

The Nephilim is a higher level of stupidity of this god. Why did YHWH make angels with dicks? Why did he make them with functional sexual reproduction systems that were genetically compatible enough with humans to actually produce super-humans. WTF YHWH??

I'm sure hilarity and facepalms would ensue if you tried to pin down an explanation from a believer for the OBVIOUS intent of YHWH making angels capable of sexual reproduction with humans. So what was his plan for this stupidity? Laughat

Because it was in His plan that one day there would be Goliath...and that Daniel would kill him with a slingshot, giving hope to underdogs for generations to come. As well as inspire really annoying songs for young children to keep them wildly entertained.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-05-2015, 06:24 AM
(01-05-2015 03:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Eve was Adam's rib. Basically Adam fucked himself.

You might say he slipped her the bone.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
02-05-2015, 06:32 AM
The truth is that it is just a bullshit story humans invented. "First people" motifs existed prior in polytheism too.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-05-2015, 06:36 AM
(02-05-2015 05:33 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 06:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Lol and the nephilim(sons of god)--can't forget about them and their sexual liaisons with human women which produced offspring Consider

Yeah, Christians tend to skip over passages like that... can't be talking about horny angels in sunday school class!
02-05-2015, 06:43 AM
(02-05-2015 06:24 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 03:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Eve was Adam's rib. Basically Adam fucked himself.

You might say he slipped her the bone.

That'd be a meaty pun.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP