Did Dinosaurs coexist with biblical man?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 10:25 AM by rampant.a.i..)
Did Dinosaurs coexist with biblical man?
Christian Forums Site is at it again:

Quote:Scott C F
Hi, Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject? They surely existed because of the fossil record. Would the Behemoth and Leviathan referred to in the bible possibly be dinosaurs?

Quote:Ceile De
I remember in high school, many moons ago, I read that in Texas they found dinosaur foot prints and human foot prints inside the dinosaur ones and they dated back to the same time period

[Image: y6ura7y5.jpg]

http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...man.37502/

Quote:Brother Paul
Dinosaurs simply means huge lizard...some are still with us. Also if you look into the history of dragon lore, a dragon was just a huge reptile and some of them could fly....every continent has dragon lore...behemoth was a giant herding animal and leviathan was a giant sea creature...we cannot be sure if they were giant lizards (reptiles, hence dinosaurs)

This is something you'd expect to see being seriously entertained in the Middle Ages. And Dinosaurs as lizards is an idea from 1800.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
30-03-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Did Dinosaurs coexist with biblical man?
(30-03-2014 10:14 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Christian Forums Site is at it again:

Hi, Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject? They surely existed because of the fossil record. Would the Behemoth and Leviathan referred to in the bible possibly be dinosaurs?

I remember in high school, many moons ago, I read that in Texas they found dinosaur foot prints and human foot prints inside the dinosaur ones and they dated back to the same time period

Dinosaurs simply means huge lizard...some are still with us. Also if you look into the history of dragon lore, a dragon was just a huge reptile and some of them could fly....every continent has dragon lore...behemoth was a giant herding animal and leviathan was a giant sea creature...we cannot be sure if they were giant lizards (reptiles, hence dinosaurs)

This is something you'd expect to see being seriously entertained in the Middle Ages. And Dinosaurs as lizards is an idea from 1800.

Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible or any other holy books? Even as a kid I knew that dinosaurs and people didn't coexist. How do people still think this?

Facepalm

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
30-03-2014, 11:36 AM
(30-03-2014 11:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible or any other holy books? Even as a kid I knew that dinosaurs and people didn't coexist. How do people still think this?

Facepalm

Christians try to make it so. There is some verse floating around about an animal with a tail that moves as a ceder (Job 40-17) I heard about it in my stint as a baptist.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I can argue there was. Here is a biblical dinosaur

[Image: white-dove.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 11 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
30-03-2014, 11:43 AM
When you have people so willing to make scripture fit reality that they accept a belief in dragons, and are willing to accept hearsay like "my teacher said human footprints were found in dinosaur footprints, and they carbon dated to the same era!" without even a Google search, I guess it speaks to the same mentality as other conspiracist theories.

There's a lot of hogwash in the thread about "not trusting science" because it's "out to disprove God," so I'm assuming these people don't get their book learnin' from anything but church-approved sources.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
30-03-2014, 11:44 AM
(30-03-2014 11:39 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I can argue there was. Here is a biblical dinosaur

[Image: white-dove.jpg]

Curse you! I was going to say that!
Weeping

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 4 users Like TSG's post
30-03-2014, 11:46 AM
(30-03-2014 11:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible or any other holy books? Even as a kid I knew that dinosaurs and people didn't coexist. How do people still think this?

Facepalm

Christians try to make it so. There is some verse floating around about an animal with a tail that moves as a ceder (Job 40-17) I heard about it in my stint as a baptist.

Quote:Abdicate

No one mentioned this so here is MY 2 cents (it a bit much, but there's too many variable to put into a short clip):

Job 40:15-18 (KJV)
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.

Notes:
eats grass
tail like a cedar tree (cedar trees of Lebanon grow up to 130 feet! Wiki)
center of gravity was it's navel
Sounds like some form of sauropod. But whatever it was, it was big.

So, why are they gone. Science and the scriptures say there was a global catastrophe though they disagree on what that was. I'm going to stick with the Scriptures and go with the flood. So this leads to the next question: why, if all creatures were brought into the ark, were the dinosaurs not included. Bro. Paul already answered that. So how did they get to be so huge. Well there was a study (and I can't find it sorry) where a scientist took standard carp and put them into a huge fish tank and increased the barometric pressure and to his surprise they grew 300% their own size. Maybe someone can find it for me.

30-03-2014, 11:50 AM
(30-03-2014 11:46 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Christians try to make it so. There is some verse floating around about an animal with a tail that moves as a ceder (Job 40-17) I heard about it in my stint as a baptist.

Quote:Abdicate

No one mentioned this so here is MY 2 cents (it a bit much, but there's too many variable to put into a short clip):

Job 40:15-18 (KJV)
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.

Notes:
eats grass
tail like a cedar tree (cedar trees of Lebanon grow up to 130 feet! Wiki)
center of gravity was it's navel
Sounds like some form of sauropod. But whatever it was, it was big.

So, why are they gone. Science and the scriptures say there was a global catastrophe though they disagree on what that was. I'm going to stick with the Scriptures and go with the flood. So this leads to the next question: why, if all creatures were brought into the ark, were the dinosaurs not included. Bro. Paul already answered that. So how did they get to be so huge. Well there was a study (and I can't find it sorry) where a scientist took standard carp and put them into a huge fish tank and increased the barometric pressure and to his surprise they grew 300% their own size. Maybe someone can find it for me.

Yep *facepalm*
30-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Brother Paul was the moron on the first Christian site I was banned from and he claimed to be a scientist.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
30-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I knew it. Fucking carp.

Checkmate.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post