Did Dinosaurs coexist with biblical man?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Did Dinosaurs coexist with biblical man?
(03-05-2014 01:40 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  No we did not.

Some of the smaller ones are believed to had evolved into modern day birds. We know some dinosaurs had feathers and new evidence from fossils show that even the Trex may even had feathers as well.

Most likely, many of the smaller species may had survived long enough for them to thrive for a few million years to evolve into the need for flight. They were already small with small bones and had feathers. Just like a squirrel developing flaps to "fly" evolve further and a need to go longer distances and you have a flight creature and further is a bird.

See: Microraptor

[Image: microraptor_gui.gif]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 04:05 PM
I can only speak for the fundy circles I ran in.

Here's how the thinking went:

There is a cosmic battle between God and Satan over the souls of mankind. Anything that is not of God is of the devil. If science is so blatantly teaching against the Word of God, then obviously Satan is behind it. This is no neutral search for truth on their part, because God rewards (with truth) those who are REALLY searching for truth, so those in science are obviously not ACTUALLY searching for truth... which means they have an adgenda. There is very little middle ground, as anything that contradicts Scripture is a deception.
There will be a great deception in the Last days, and faith in God will grow less and less, and this will be due to the continued work of Satan and of all of those, angelic and human, who are doing Satan's work.

About Dinosaurs living with man, we were taught that of COURSE dinosaurs fit into the Bible. Most of them were created the same day as the REST of the land-dwelling creatures. There are also theories that the dragon legends are actually dinosaur legends.

Here's what AiG is teaching their follwers about dinosaurs.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
07-05-2014, 09:14 PM
No, humans did not live during the dinosaurs age.
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
07-05-2014, 09:38 PM
When I was a kid in school, I was told that dinosaurs didn't exist. They were a trick by Satan and scientists.

I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne

07-05-2014, 09:41 PM
(07-05-2014 09:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  No, humans did not live during the dinosaurs age.

Ya mean the Flintstones was all a lie? Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
07-05-2014, 09:42 PM
(07-05-2014 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When I was a kid in school, I was told that dinosaurs didn't exist. They were a trick by Satan and scientists.

That makes my eye twitch.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-05-2014, 10:23 PM
IWas told genesis was a do over from dinosaur world.a Reboot of the solar system, evidently parts of the earth were recycled.

Aussie theists have better cover stories.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
07-05-2014, 10:47 PM
(07-05-2014 09:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When I was a kid in school, I was told that dinosaurs didn't exist. They were a trick by Satan and scientists.

That makes my eye twitch.

We have an emoticon for that. Shocking

Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-05-2014, 08:50 PM

I was fed that one too...

Fossils are the devil's work, don't you know? Facepalm

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
(08-05-2014 08:50 PM)Sam Wrote:  

I was fed that one too...

Fossils are the devil's work, don't you know? Facepalm

I think now they've gone the YEC route today. Too much evidence readily available.

But I know a few people who still think its true.

I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne