Did Hilliary Clinton lie to get a favorable plea bargin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Did Hilliary Clinton lie to get a favorable plea bargin
(22-10-2014 08:55 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I suppose that means that you intend to produce one yourself one of these days.

I produce nuggets every morning in the toilet. Today's nugget was named.....Earmuffs.

You know you can polish them.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry, but is the original question asking if a lawyer got a good deal for her client?

Really? We need a video to discuss if a lawyer did the job they way they are ethically required to do it?

I have zero interest in Hilary Clinton, but, seriously, don't waste our time.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
24-10-2014, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 03:16 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(23-10-2014 05:25 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm sorry, but is the original question asking if a lawyer got a good deal for her client?

Really? We need a video to discuss if a lawyer did the job they way they are ethically required to do it?

Yes....She got a good deal for her client....nobody disputes that. That is not the issue. The question is did she lie to get that good deal and is lying acceptable behavior. Is it ethical for a defense lawyer to lie to get her client a good deal? Its not that I am wasting your time.....its that you missed the point of the thread.

The issue isn't about the concept of legal defense. The issue is about Hillary Clinton's conduct in providing that legal defense.

Would you accept that a prosecutor is doing a good ethical job if he lies to get convictions? No....why then should you accept that a defense lawyer is doing a good job if they lie to get their defendant a better sentence or an aquittal?
24-10-2014, 03:31 AM
(24-10-2014 03:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:25 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm sorry, but is the original question asking if a lawyer got a good deal for her client?

Yes....She got a good deal for her client....nobody disputes that. That is not the issue. The question is did she lie to get that good deal and is lying acceptable behavior. Is it ethical for a defense lawyer to lie to get her client a good deal? Its not that I am wasting your time.....its that you missed the point of the thread.

The issue isn't about the concept of legal defense. The issue is about Hillary Clinton's conduct in providing that legal defense.

Would you accept that a prosecutor is doing a good ethical job if he lies to get convictions? No....why then should you accept that a defense lawyer is doing a good job if they lie to get their defendant a better sentence or an aquittal?

Why would I care about Hilary Clinton's conduct in a legal defense at any level at all?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-10-2014, 04:32 AM
(24-10-2014 03:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 03:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yes....She got a good deal for her client....nobody disputes that. That is not the issue. The question is did she lie to get that good deal and is lying acceptable behavior. Is it ethical for a defense lawyer to lie to get her client a good deal? Its not that I am wasting your time.....its that you missed the point of the thread.

Why would I care about Hilary Clinton's conduct in a legal defense at any level at all?

If the integrity of the President of the United States or any other office she might run for is not important to you.....then you should not care.

Also you should want honest prosecutors and honest defense lawyers for obvious reasons.
24-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Has she been convicted of perjuring herself ?
No.
Is she innocent until proven guilty ?
Yes.
Has any State Bar brought an ethics action against her for this ?
No.

Go fuck yourself Blowjob.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-10-2014, 01:42 PM
(24-10-2014 05:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Has she been convicted of perjuring herself ?
No.
Yes.
No.

This mornings nugget was named Bucky...and true to its namesake....left a skid mark.
24-10-2014, 05:44 PM
(24-10-2014 04:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 03:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why would I care about Hilary Clinton's conduct in a legal defense at any level at all?

If the integrity of the President of the United States or any other office she might run for is not important to you.....then you should not care.

Also you should want honest prosecutors and honest defense lawyers for obvious reasons.

Still not sure if she's not integral and if she runs for president is something that would matter to you or me. Do you have any actual reason why to care? Even if I cared, what would knowing what Hillary Clinton did or didn't do change for me?

I'm aware of reality, I don't need to have fairy tail belief desires.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-10-2014, 10:11 PM
(24-10-2014 01:42 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 05:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Has she been convicted of perjuring herself ?
No.
Yes.
No.

This mornings nugget was named Bucky...and true to its namesake....left a skid mark.

So you have no response, so you attack to deflect.
You're such a charitable person. Did Jebus make you all nice an shit ? Can I get religion, like you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-11-2014, 08:02 AM
(24-10-2014 03:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Sorry, has taken a little while for me to get back to this.

First, I did not miss the point of your original thread. I understood it perfectly. The point was to take a dig at Hillary Clinton because she is probably running for President and you don't like her. I know you're going to come back and say that is not the point, but I'm 100% sure it is.

As for your anecdote here, two things. First, putting up videos and article from the anti-Hillary crowd isn't proof of anything. Second, and more on point to the specifics here, lying is a routine way that business and law are conducted on a daily basis every day. Depending on the type of lie determines the ethics of it. Not all lies are created equal. A prosecutor telling a suspect that he has evidence and witnesses he doesn't have to get a confession is considered a legitimate means to get that confession. However, a line is obviously crossed if a prosecutor invents evidence and presents it in court as a fact. For defense lawyers, the lines are a little more blurred. They can throw out whatever they need to in order to create reasonable doubt. They can't outright lie, but they can create confusion. It's done every day in the courts, and certainly in the political spectrum where the public is routinely lied to.

I recently completed a big case for my employer. We were headed to a drag out, knock down fight with another company and I really thought were would end up in arbitration. But, during face to face negotiations, I managed to convince them that we had them, and they needed to settle on terms favorable to us. And, I'll tell you flat out that some of the arguments I made I knew I could not sustain if we ended up before an arbitrator. Did I lie? Was it unethical? I'm pretty sure it wasn't. They came at me with stuff that I knew they couldn't sustain either and would be laughed out of any court or arbitration they tried it in. Unfortunately for them, my story was better than their story and 10s of millions of dollars are now coming our way (my cut of that action? a whooping $0 but I got a whole bunch of "attaboys")

Point is, the only reason this is a story anyone would ever pay any attention to is because the name "Hillary Clinton" is associated with it. You want to know if she's an ethical person? I'm pretty sure she's not. I don't think Obama is either. And, neither was Romney (who built Bain Capital with money from the people who were running central American death squads in the early 1980s - who did you vote for in 2012?). And, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that whoever both parties throw out as Presidential candidates in 2016 aren't going to be ethical either.

For the record, I won't ever cast a vote for Hillary Clinton. No way, no how, no chance. But, spare us all with this nonsense of "oh wow! She lied to get a better plea deal! OMG!!!". What a crock of shyte.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post