Did Hitler win?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Did Hitler win?
I am getting a Miss Meng vibe here... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 06:53 PM
(28-10-2014 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am getting a Miss Meng vibe here... Consider

Does have the same sort of retarded ass self-referential speech pattern, don't it?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2014, 10:48 PM
(22-10-2014 02:17 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All, I'm repeating that if we say Hitler was a Christian, then we go to the Bible, he was a very poor Christian. I follow the scriptures. True Christians do.

You can use No True Scotsman against me once we agree what a Scotsman is! I can call myself a scientist--do I have a Ph D or Masters? I can call myself a muslim, am I getting my beliefs from Mad Magazine or the Koran?

If we're going to debate this further, we must define terms. You cannot constantly pull No True Scotsman without actually having a Scotsman being defined! You cannot logically say (nor can I) no true (vague undefined something) is a true (vague undefined something)!

Were the Germans your particular and specific form of Christian? No.

Do you have a monopoly on defining what a Christian is? Do you alone dictate the precepts of Christianity? Do you alone get to mandate interpretation of the Bible? No on all counts.

The Nazi's may not be your Christians, but they certainly were Christians. They went to their churches, they professed belief in God and Jesus. So to say otherwise is to imply what? That they were an entire nation of secret pagan atheists all in on a massive conspiracy to besmirch your faith? That just because they weren't your Christians, that somehow invalidates their claim to that faith?

That is the problem with defining what exactly a 'Christian' is. You alone do not get to set that definition. So in lieu of any consensus (and with the thousands of denominations that already exists, this is pretty evident), we opt for the broadest possible definition. So yes, the Nazi's were Christians. Once again: get the fuck over it.

Pull your head out of your ass, or so help us, we'll do it for you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Lately I keep seeing random threads on this forum and think... how is that thread still going on? Then I look at them, and they all have Q posting in them. Facepalm

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Can we at least start calling him PleasJesus? His arguments are exactly the same. Same tactics, same claims, same "millions of X do Y," same passive-aggressive approach. Forum search confirms a 99.9% (repeating, of course) match.

I'd request an IP check; unfortunately, he's probably using a new iPad and WiFi hotspot to torment the forums.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
29-10-2014, 01:10 PM
(29-10-2014 05:33 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Can we at least start calling him PleasJesus? His arguments are exactly the same. Same tactics, same claims, same "millions of X do Y," same passive-aggressive approach. Forum search confirms a 99.9% (repeating, of course) match.

I'd request an IP check; unfortunately, he's probably using a new iPad and WiFi hotspot to torment the forums.

"...For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Please Jesus seems a bit high strung, but intelligent with a weird sense of humor. That's me! I can be "Please Jesus" for all those who are willing to accept it... besides, I like the fact that atheists type PLEASE JESUS for my sake.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2014, 01:14 PM
(29-10-2014 01:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 05:33 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Can we at least start calling him PleasJesus? His arguments are exactly the same. Same tactics, same claims, same "millions of X do Y," same passive-aggressive approach. Forum search confirms a 99.9% (repeating, of course) match.

"...For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Please Jesus seems a bit high strung, but intelligent with a weird sense of humor. That's me! I can be "Please Jesus" for all those who are willing to accept it... besides, I like the fact that atheists type PLEASE JESUS for my sake.

It depends.

Do you endorse beating children?

... this is my signature!
29-10-2014, 01:19 PM
(28-10-2014 06:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:32 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are oversimplifying in the case of Christian sects. Most sects were created when one group followed the Bible, the other, tradition.

Do you even Bible?
  • What is the Biblical stance on the Trinity?
  • Can women preach in a church service?
  • What day is the correct day to honor the Sabbath?
  • Should infants be baptized or should we wait until they're adults?
  • Can someone get into heaven if they're not baptized?
  • Do you need works to get into heaven or is grace sufficient?
  • Are the two stories of the Garden of Eden literal or metaphorical?

Every single one of those splits is based on various interpretations of Biblical texts. Just because some splits are based on tradition doesn't mean that all are. Some splits have both sides legitimately feeling they're Biblically correct. When you cherry pick to find a few counter examples while ignoring all the times you're wrong, it makes you look dishonest.

All,

Robby's post is an echo of the rest and vice versa, so please let me start here.

1. Most all the Bible fundies fall on one side only of Robby's questions.

2. Most all the "Bible is a'ight, but we have traditional viewpoints that are as important as adherence to the scriptures" Christians fall on the other side only of Robby's questions.

3. I'm innocent of No True Scotsman if neither you will define what a Christian is nor allow me to do so! If NEITHER of us can define what a Christian IS, then I'm "allowed" to say EVERYONE is a Christian and/or NO ONE is a Christian at will!

However, we can say this, "No true Bible-believing Christian" or "fundamentalist Christian" or etc. and we'll be somewhere. Or at least we'll all understand the Nazi ideals, motives and sympathies. They imprisoned fundies and let the liberal "traditional" Christians swear oaths to Hitler and stick their heads in the sand as Germany destroyed itself and other nations.

Again, there ARE real Scotsman and they have a universal nature of being Scottish. No True Scotsman is a fallacy if you say something like, "No true Scotsman will get drunk" because some Scotsman drink, but is not a fallacy if you say something else like, "No true Scotsman is a Martian" and thus I propose:

"No (or rather few!) of Hitler's inner circle or those who ran the death camps (not soldiers in the trenches) were Jesus-loving, Bible-believing, decent-folk (volk!) who loved God, loved their neighbor as themselves, and prayed for peace and to be peacemakers."

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
29-10-2014, 01:20 PM
(29-10-2014 01:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 01:10 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "...For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

It depends.

Do you endorse beating children?

Yes. When I play sports or videogames or Mensa puzzles against children, I typically beat them pretty badly.

29-10-2014, 01:28 PM
(29-10-2014 01:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. I'm innocent of No True Scotsman if neither you will define what a Christian is nor allow me to do so! If NEITHER of us can define what a Christian IS, then I'm "allowed" to say EVERYONE is a Christian and/or NO ONE is a Christian at will!

This doesn't follow, but then again, I suspect you already know that. Disingenuousness so becomes you.

We as non-believers are not defining anything, but we are noting the beliefs, doctrines, and acts of those who do, by their professions and self-expressed identities. Their claims are self-evidently inconsistent.

You assert that in that case, your claims are correct, because they are yours.

Which is about as terrible an argument as I'd expect from you...

(29-10-2014 01:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "No (or rather few!) of Hitler's inner circle or those who ran the death camps (not soldiers in the trenches) were Jesus-loving, Bible-believing, decent-folk (volk!) who loved God, loved their neighbor as themselves, and prayed for peace and to be peacemakers."

While it's charming that you've backtracked all the way to "few" of the "inner circle", you'd be wrong regardless. The deeds of the German leadership required the complicity of millions to enact. Most of those millions were Christian.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post