Did Hitler win?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Did Hitler win?
(03-11-2014 01:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Most Christian movements were started in one of two ways:

1. Individuals read the scriptures, witnessed their faith to others and started a movement.

2. Individuals or groups within a movement sought to reform another group that had fallen away from a literal adherence to the Bible text and splintered a new movement.

I take it neither of you will agree with me or the other on a definition of Christian?

Or
3. Individuals or groups within a movement sought to reform another group that had committed to a too literal adherence to the Bible text and splintered a new movement.

4. Individuals or groups within a movement sought to reform another group that had committed to a trifling difference in interpretation of the Bible text and splintered a new movement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-11-2014, 03:00 PM
(03-11-2014 01:53 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Most Christian movements were started in one of two ways:

1. Individuals read the scriptures, witnessed their faith to others and started a movement.

2. Individuals or groups within a movement sought to reform another group that had fallen away from a literal adherence to the Bible text and splintered a new movement.

I take it neither of you will agree with me or the other on a definition of Christian?

Chas already covered other possibilities that you missed. You're viewing this narrowly because it fits what you want to believe.

Again, nothing new, nothing special. You haven't proven "true" Christians exist. You're just asserting that they must exist, because there must exist some "correct" interpretation of the Bible. Note: in order for that view to be taken seriously here, you're going to have to prove to us that the Bible is actually the word of God, and not just written by people. Good luck. Your whole "true Christian" mentality is presupposition on top of more presupposition.

As Chas would say: it's rubbish. Drinking Beverage

(Can't forget the coffee-drinker Wink)
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2014, 03:20 PM
(03-11-2014 03:00 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Chas already covered other possibilities that you missed. You're viewing this narrowly because it fits what you want to believe.

Again, nothing new, nothing special. You haven't proven "true" Christians exist. You're just asserting that they must exist, because there must exist some "correct" interpretation of the Bible. Note: in order for that view to be taken seriously here, you're going to have to prove to us that the Bible is actually the word of God, and not just written by people. Good luck. Your whole "true Christian" mentality is presupposition on top of more presupposition.

As Chas would say: it's rubbish. Drinking Beverage

(Can't forget the coffee-drinker Wink)

I usually say "it's bullshit", but I'm good with "it's rubbish". Big Grin

03-11-2014, 04:21 PM
(03-11-2014 03:00 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Good luck. Your whole "true Christian" mentality is presupposition on top of more presupposition.

Presuppositionalism: it's not just for Luminon anymore!

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
(03-11-2014 04:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 03:00 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Good luck. Your whole "true Christian" mentality is presupposition on top of more presupposition.

Presuppositionalism: it's not just for Luminon anymore!

Where has he slunk off to? Been a while since he was here last banging The Holy Drum of Molyneux (PBUH).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-11-2014, 05:18 PM
(03-11-2014 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Presuppositionalism: it's not just for Luminon anymore!

Where has he slunk off to? Been a while since he was here last banging The Holy Drum of Molyneux (PBUH).

Don't you be whistlin' up the devil. Angry

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
(03-11-2014 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Presuppositionalism: it's not just for Luminon anymore!

Maybe he decided to use "self-defense" against some horrible oppressive jackbooted government thug and got sent to the re-education camps. We can but hope.

Or maybe his petulant whiny little ass finally followed the advice of Great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh):
"All outsiders are unclean and unworthy; association with them is anathema to you."

After all, nothing says "we're totally not a cult, you guys" like that kind of sentiment, right?

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM
(03-11-2014 05:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Where has he slunk off to? Been a while since he was here last banging The Holy Drum of Molyneux (PBUH).

Maybe he decided to use "self-defense" against some horrible oppressive jackbooted government thug and got sent to the re-education camps. We can but hope.

Or maybe his petulant whiny little ass finally followed the advice of Great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh):
"All outsiders are unclean and unworthy; association with them is anathema to you."

After all, nothing says "we're totally not a cult, you guys" like that kind of sentiment, right?

Nuh-uh - that can't be a real quote. Facepalm

Oh, I know - you're taking it out of context, right? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-11-2014, 10:41 PM
(03-11-2014 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Where has he slunk off to? Been a while since he was here last banging The Holy Drum of Molyneux (PBUH).

Don't you be whistlin' up the devil. Angry

[Image: tumblr_lo1j33xcxo1qafrh6.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-11-2014, 08:56 AM
(03-11-2014 07:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 05:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Maybe he decided to use "self-defense" against some horrible oppressive jackbooted government thug and got sent to the re-education camps. We can but hope.

Nuh-uh - that can't be a real quote. Facepalm

Oh, I know - you're taking it out of context, right? Consider

It's a paraphrase, but it's sure as fuck accurate.