Did Hitler win?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Did Hitler win?
(05-12-2014 02:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Q, there was one question of mine you didn't answer, earlier:

(04-12-2014 01:41 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Do you believe a true Christian needs to believe in hell? Do they need to believe in Satan? Can a person be a "true" Christian and not believe in those two things?

True Christians need neither to believe in Hell nor a literal Satan IMO.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM
(05-12-2014 03:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 02:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Q, there was one question of mine you didn't answer, earlier:

I was curious. My wife doesn't believe in either.

I know some people on Facebook who are very preoccupied with what people believe, and they a seem to imply that improper beliefs land you in hell. Now, it's possible that they are just concerned that improper beliefs will lead to a non-repentant lifestyle or something, but that's not how they word it.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2014, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 02:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-12-2014 03:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

And the Pope, supposed representative of your god here on earth and leader of 1.1 billion followers, begs to differ.

Why anyone else should believe either one of you over the other is still not clear. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-12-2014, 09:14 AM
(05-12-2014 12:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is your definition of a real Christian. Other Christians disagree with you.

Ah, but are they "true" Christians? And much more importantly from my perspective, are they right or wrong in that belief? Heaven and Hell depend on the answers in part.

You all have opinions, nothing more.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-12-2014, 11:42 AM
My opinion is heaven and hell are based on trusting or not trusting Jesus Christ, within which there is both room for differences of belief and the likelihood that the more a person truly trusts Jesus, the more accurate their belief systems. There are prayers within the Bible, for example, addressing wisdom, accuracy of belief, understanding the Bible itself, etc.

Thanks. I also hear Chas's point about opinions and nothing more but the question remains, as with any belief or belief system, is the belief or opinion true or untrue?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.