Did Hitler win?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Did Hitler win?
(08-10-2014 01:43 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 01:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Did Hitler win? The God inspired Nazi belt buckles translates "God is With US"

[Image: gottMitUns.png]

It's funny, I heard about the Nazi belt buckle "live in person" from someone only yesterday. They must read this forum.

Gott mit uns was in use by German unification troops way back--it appeared on WWI emblems before there was a German Nazi party! A Nazi wore one as likely to hold up his pants or obey his superiors (you gotta wear the uniform in the army!) as to proclaim his devout theist beliefs.

American atheists have bills in their wallet today that say IN GOD WE TRUST. What's in your wallet? If what you wear is what you are STOP USING PAPER BILLS, my secularist friends.

The Q asks, "Are you consistent?"

My point is this--you can say the Nazis were a theist group, I can say the Gott mit uns was traditional gear that carried over from the German unification period--but religion, as most religious people would agree, is about individuals. Maybe instead of being worried about a theist state you should take a stand and no longer carry American paper money.

Same old Nazi obsession, same old disingenuous fatuity, eh, PJ?

I don't see why I should need to have to explain this to you, but what governments do is reflective of the personal beliefs of the individuals comprising them.

It wasn't atheists who put "In God We Trust" on American money.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
(08-10-2014 01:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:43 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's funny, I heard about the Nazi belt buckle "live in person" from someone only yesterday. They must read this forum.

Gott mit uns was in use by German unification troops way back--it appeared on WWI emblems before there was a German Nazi party! A Nazi wore one as likely to hold up his pants or obey his superiors (you gotta wear the uniform in the army!) as to proclaim his devout theist beliefs.

American atheists have bills in their wallet today that say IN GOD WE TRUST. What's in your wallet? If what you wear is what you are STOP USING PAPER BILLS, my secularist friends.

My point is this--you can say the Nazis were a theist group, I can say the Gott mit uns was traditional gear that carried over from the German unification period--but religion, as most religious people would agree, is about individuals. Maybe instead of being worried about a theist state you should take a stand and no longer carry American paper money.

I don't see why I should need to have to explain this to you, but what governments do is reflective of the personal beliefs of the individuals comprising them.

What is a pij? And did you read my post at all? I said you can use the German belt buckle as one (weak) argument for the Nazis as devout theists, but that you ought to be consistent. Don't wear a Nazi belt buckle and also don't carry paper money if you are an American secularist! Get it?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
(08-10-2014 01:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:43 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's funny, I heard about the Nazi belt buckle "live in person" from someone only yesterday. They must read this forum.

Or on German belt buckles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-10-2014, 01:53 PM
(08-10-2014 01:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Same old Nazi obsession, same old disingenuous fatuity, eh, PJ?
---
Nothing like a good book ...
[Image: Mein-kampfy-chair.jpg]
pull up a chair ...
Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
08-10-2014, 01:53 PM
(08-10-2014 01:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Same old Nazi obsession, same old disingenuous fatuity, eh, PJ?

What is a pij? And did you read my post at all? I said you can use the German belt buckle as one (weak) argument for the Nazis as devout theists, but that you ought to be consistent. Don't wear a Nazi belt buckle and also don't carry paper money if you are an American secularist! Get it?

Maybe you feel that that is a weak argument, but you just made an ignorant argument. You don't understand the meaning of the word secular, do you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 01:55 PM
(08-10-2014 01:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I said you can use the German belt buckle as one (weak) argument for the Nazis as devout theists, but that you ought to be consistent. Don't wear a Nazi belt buckle and also don't carry paper money if you are an American secularist! Get it?

Indeed - if one chooses to be as deliberately dishonest as you've been.

Those who wore it as part of a mandated uniform are not and never were the point of the anecdote.

Those who instituted and maintained the uniform are.

I'm quite sure you understand the difference, but it wouldn't suit your facetious ends to acknowledge it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
13-10-2014, 02:05 PM
(08-10-2014 01:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I said you can use the German belt buckle as one (weak) argument for the Nazis as devout theists, but that you ought to be consistent. Don't wear a Nazi belt buckle and also don't carry paper money if you are an American secularist! Get it?

Indeed - if one chooses to be as deliberately dishonest as you've been.

Those who wore it as part of a mandated uniform are not and never were the point of the anecdote.

I'm quite sure you understand the difference, but it wouldn't suit your facetious ends to acknowledge it.

I can accept that. The Nazis chose to employ this motto in their uniforms. That makes sense to me. But the atheist emphasis (delight) in persisting the myth of Hitler as an individual being more than a mere theist, occultist or agnostic, (or most anyone from his inner circle) being a born again Christian underscores that Christians are accurate when they say atheists "don't get it". "We know that no murderer has the spirit of Christ" in 1 John is just one verse that Christians would point to. Did Hitler forgive his enemies? Love others? Pray for those who opposed him? Did Hitler attend church weekly between 1939 and 1945? It's just silly, really...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-10-2014, 02:08 PM
(01-10-2014 12:36 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Creationist here.
Unlike my last thread this is an abortion debate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome
Quote:About 92% of pregnancies in Europe with a diagnosis of Down syndrome are terminated.
So did Hitler win? Is eugenics good?

That's not eugenics numbnuts.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
13-10-2014, 02:11 PM
[Image: Funniest_Memes_keep-calm-it-s-only-an-ex...15813.jpeg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
13-10-2014, 02:13 PM
(13-10-2014 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 01:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed - if one chooses to be as deliberately dishonest as you've been.

I can accept that. The Nazis chose to employ this motto in their uniforms. That makes sense to me. But the atheist emphasis (delight) in persisting the myth of Hitler as an individual being more than a mere theist, occultist or agnostic, (or most anyone from his inner circle) being a born again Christian underscores that Christians are accurate when they say atheists "don't get it". "We know that no murderer has the spirit of Christ" in 1 John is just one verse that Christians would point to. Did Hitler forgive his enemies? Love others? Pray for those who opposed him? Did Hitler attend church weekly between 1939 and 1945? It's just silly, really...
So basically No True Scotsman.
You don't decide who is or is not a Christian.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 3 users Like Winterwolf00's post