Did Hitler win?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Did Hitler win?
(13-10-2014 02:13 PM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can accept that. The Nazis chose to employ this motto in their uniforms. That makes sense to me. But the atheist emphasis (delight) in persisting the myth of Hitler as an individual being more than a mere theist, occultist or agnostic, (or most anyone from his inner circle) being a born again Christian underscores that Christians are accurate when they say atheists "don't get it". "We know that no murderer has the spirit of Christ" in 1 John is just one verse that Christians would point to. Did Hitler forgive his enemies? Love others? Pray for those who opposed him? Did Hitler attend church weekly between 1939 and 1945? It's just silly, really...
So basically No True Scotsman.
You don't decide who is or is not a Christian.

This is not the NTS fallacy. Christianity is coming from the scriptures. The scriptures explain who is a Christian. One more example? No one who hates his brother is a Christian. Male Jews are to be circumsized (unless they are revisionist in their faith), Muslims pray facing Mecca, Christians love their neighbor.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 02:50 PM
(13-10-2014 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:13 PM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  So basically No True Scotsman.

This is not the NTS fallacy. Christianity is coming from the scriptures. The scriptures explain who is a Christian. One more example? No one who hates his brother is a Christian. Male Jews are to be circumsized (unless they are revisionist in their faith), Muslims pray facing Mecca, Christians love their neighbor.

Then there aren't a whole lotta Christians. Drinking Beverage

And, yes, it is precisely a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-10-2014, 05:19 AM
(13-10-2014 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is not the NTS fallacy. Christianity is coming from the scriptures. The scriptures explain who is a Christian. One more example? No one who hates his brother is a Christian. Male Jews are to be circumsized (unless they are revisionist in their faith), Muslims pray facing Mecca, Christians love their neighbor.

Please, explain to me what makes a person a Christian using the scriptures in a way that cannot be invalidated by using other verses from the same book.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-10-2014, 05:44 AM
(13-10-2014 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is not the NTS fallacy. Christianity is coming from the scriptures. The scriptures explain who is a Christian. One more example? No one who hates his brother is a Christian.

Tell that to the writer of Luke: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

To be a follower of Jewsus, and therefore an Christian, you specifically have to hate your brothers (among other familial relations). Try again, Qunt. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-10-2014, 09:18 AM
(13-10-2014 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:13 PM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  So basically No True Scotsman.

noun: Christian · plural noun: Christians

a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.
Ethics have nothing to do with it, and yes it is a perfect example of the NTS fallacy.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 1 user Likes Winterwolf00's post
14-10-2014, 09:49 AM
(14-10-2014 05:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is not the NTS fallacy. Christianity is coming from the scriptures. The scriptures explain who is a Christian. One more example? No one who hates his brother is a Christian. Male Jews are to be circumsized (unless they are revisionist in their faith), Muslims pray facing Mecca, Christians love their neighbor.

Please, explain to me what makes a person a Christian using the scriptures in a way that cannot be invalidated by using other verses from the same book.

One example might include John's 3rd chapter. A lot of nominal Christian converse with me and say, "Now, I'm not a born again Christian, but..." Jesus said you have to be born again to get to Heaven. The dictionary definition of Christian is "follower of Jesus". He said "be born again". The nominal Christian is saying, "I follow Jesus from my own mind rather than from the scriptures..."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
14-10-2014, 10:26 AM
(14-10-2014 09:49 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 05:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Please, explain to me what makes a person a Christian using the scriptures in a way that cannot be invalidated by using other verses from the same book.

One example might include John's 3rd chapter. A lot of nominal Christian converse with me and say, "Now, I'm not a born again Christian, but..." Jesus said you have to be born again to get to Heaven. The dictionary definition of Christian is "follower of Jesus". He said "be born again". The nominal Christian is saying, "I follow Jesus from my own mind rather than from the scriptures..."

So you're confusing a denomination with a metaphor?
I see where the rest of your confusion comes from.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
14-10-2014, 10:47 AM
(14-10-2014 10:26 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:49 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  One example might include John's 3rd chapter. A lot of nominal Christian converse with me and say, "Now, I'm not a born again Christian, but..." Jesus said you have to be born again to get to Heaven. The dictionary definition of Christian is "follower of Jesus". He said "be born again". The nominal Christian is saying, "I follow Jesus from my own mind rather than from the scriptures..."

So you're confusing a denomination with a metaphor?

I'm confused at times like everyone else, but I love and adhere to the scripture. Jesus said NO ONE unless they are born again. NO ONE means one cannot claim to be both a Christian who is heaven-bound and not born again. "No one" isn't a metaphor, it's a boundary/definition.

It's seeing a Hitler in the same camp with a Billy Graham or etc. that causes the confusion IMO.

14-10-2014, 10:51 AM
(14-10-2014 10:47 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:26 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  So you're confusing a denomination with a metaphor?

I'm confused at times like everyone else, but I love and adhere to the scripture. Jesus said NO ONE unless they are born again. NO ONE means one cannot claim to be both a Christian who is heaven-bound and not born again. "No one" isn't a metaphor, it's a boundary/definition.

It's seeing a Hitler in the same camp with a Billy Graham or etc. that causes the confusion IMO.

Really cause they share an almost identical outlook. Hitler was a Catholic in good standing at the time of his death, so unless Catholics are not Christians (and they have a much better claim to the title than do Protestants historically speaking) trying to exclude him is a NTS fallacy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-10-2014, 11:12 AM
(14-10-2014 09:49 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  One example might include John's 3rd chapter. A lot of nominal Christian converse with me and say, "Now, I'm not a born again Christian, but..." Jesus said you have to be born again to get to Heaven. The dictionary definition of Christian is "follower of Jesus". He said "be born again". The nominal Christian is saying, "I follow Jesus from my own mind rather than from the scriptures..."

And Hitler wasn't born again? You know this how?

Or is being a Christian more than just that one thing?