Did I do right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Did I do right?
(24-05-2014 06:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I pointed my gun at the back of her head and pulled the trigger. I shot her again just to make sure. I almost threw up.

I buried her in the woods behind my house. I'm never going to forget the image of me shooting her in the head.

Did I do the right thing?
"right" is a subjective opinion, so I can't tell you from your own perspective if you did the right thing or not.

It seems the cat was going to die, either a quick death or a slightly longer more painful death. You chose to be compassionate and make it quick.
Now you are dealing with your own empathy and your conflicts regarding killing.

I'm a proponent for euthanasia, I don't think it makes sense to draw death out to allow it to be more painful than otherwise. Sometimes death is preferable to life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2014, 06:08 PM
(25-05-2014 03:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No worries, Paleo.

Did I get it? Yes.
Was it inappropiate? Probably.
Was I offened? No.

Can you offend me or otherwise upset me? It's possible but very unlikely.

Something told me you would get it. But I am a people man and I must work with the people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I just went by the grave to make sure no wild animals dug her up. All was well.

On a side note, I've been replaying it in my mind to make sure I did everything I could to ease the situation. I know me talking about seems trite and ridiculous, but I guess it just helps to type things out.

I used hollow point bullets. These bullets are specifically designed to do the most damage upon impact on flesh. I didn't want to leave anything to chance. I wanted the bullet to destroy the brain immediately.

I chambered the bullet beforehand so the noise wouldn't startle her.

I petted her head until she laid down on her own. I never forced her.

I shot her in the back of the head when she was turned away so she wouldn't be scared that I was pointing something at her.

I softly held her down and braced her so she didn't move and possibly mess up my shot.

I did it at point blank because I wanted to make absolutely sure I hit her square.

I shot her again in the head to ensure death right after the first shot.

It is a lot different shooting a domestic animal at close range. It's really haunting.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-05-2014, 07:18 PM
(25-05-2014 07:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's really haunting.

That's why I go with the nitrogen. It ain't haunting.

#sigh
25-05-2014, 08:17 PM
The cat was dying KC, it was in shock and pain. A few tender moments and you stopped the suffering. Much harder on you than the poor animal.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-05-2014, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2014 09:22 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Did I do right?
(24-05-2014 07:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It just made me very sad and question my actions... like what if I just let her live out life and nature take its course. Did I provide a more humane alternative than life would have given her?

Absolutely. In my opinion, if an animal is suffering with no chance of recovery, it is your moral imperative to humanely end its suffering.

The other day, a bird hit the window on the second story of my house. I ran out to see it, and as it didn't seem to have broken anything, I was able to get it to climb onto a branch, and relocate it to a safe spot by the bird feeder. It was dazed, but responsive, eventually recovered, and was able to fly away.

I had a plastic bag in my back pocket the entire time. No animal should suffer needlessly if there's someone there to prevent it.

I've put down injured animals in the woods before. It sucks, it's horrible, but it's better than knowing they'll live out their last few moments terrified, never fully understanding what's happened.

If it makes you feel better, animals that know they're dying will sometimes take steps to end their life, if they're able.

I had a cat while growing up -- the best cat ever, big fat farmcat that thought it was a dog -- that while my parents were deliberating whether or not he should be put down as he was old, and in chronic pain, climbed from the 2nd story balcony to the roof, and leaped to his death.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
25-05-2014, 09:16 PM
AW: RE: Did I do right?
(25-05-2014 03:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Was I offened? No.
Isn't the real question whether or not you were offended? Shy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Did you "do right" ?
Or ARE you Doright" ? We'll just call you .... Dudley.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-05-2014, 09:31 PM
(24-05-2014 07:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It just made me very sad and question my actions... like what if I just let her live out life and nature take its course. Did I provide a more humane alternative than life would have given her?

You got sad and sick because you have a conscious and empathy, which ultimately lead you to take the actions you did. You still question them because you're only human. You did what you could, checking to see if anyone was responsible for her. Short of perfect cross-species communication to ask the cat for it's express permission, what else can you do? Your actions were not driven by malice. Was the easing of that cat's suffering worth the cost it placed on you? Ultimately only you can answer that. But the fact that you question it is a good sign I think; as the ending of a life on such a personal level shouldn't be easy.

I'm not sure I would have, or could have, done the same thing in your position. Take that for what you will.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-05-2014, 09:32 PM
(25-05-2014 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 03:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No worries, Paleo.

Did I get it? Yes.
Was it inappropiate? Probably.
Was I offened? No.

Can you offend me or otherwise upset me? It's possible but very unlikely.

Come here big fella and give Girly a bigass hug you.
[Image: qcbob-1.png]

Fuck me Girly...you made snort and soda came out my nose.
Hysterical!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post