Did I do right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 05:43 AM
RE: Did I do right?
(24-05-2014 06:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A cat was hit by a car in my neighborhood. Her back right leg was mangled and her hip was crushed. You could see it hanging out of the socket. She could barely walk.

Snip: She even let me pick her up and was purring the whole time. Snip:

Snip: Anyway, the poor cat was suffering... I'm not paying to take her to a vet or anything like that and shelters won't take stray cats.

Snip:I pointed my gun at the back of her head and pulled the trigger. I shot her again just to make sure. I almost threw up.

Did I do the right thing?

Yeah, I believe you did the right thing. It's called humane.

Cats purr out of pleasure but just as often they purr out of stress, illness, and pain.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
26-05-2014, 09:28 AM
(24-05-2014 06:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A cat was hit by a car in my neighborhood. Her back right leg was mangled and her hip was crushed. You could see it hanging out of the socket. She could barely walk.

When I was cutting grass she was lying in my front yard. I went right up to her and she let me pet her and love on her. She even let me pick her up and was purring the whole time. we really bonded in those few minutes and she trusted me completely. I could tell she was in a considerable amount of pain and to top it off she was weezing really badly. I can only assume this was fluid on the lungs from the trauma.

I took her around to all the neighbors and found out she had no owner and people had just been giving her scraps here and there. She also had a mark on her neck where she had outgrown her kitten collar and it was never taken off. I'm assuming she worked it off or someone took it off.

Anyway, the poor cat was suffering... I'm not paying to take her to a vet or anything like that and shelters won't take stray cats.

I brought the cat in my back yard. She got really scared. I didn't want to do what I was about to do, but I could not let her suffer. she couldn't hunt or get away from danger. She looked back at me and then looked forward again. I pointed my gun at the back of her head and pulled the trigger. I shot her again just to make sure. I almost threw up.

I buried her in the woods behind my house. I'm never going to forget the image of me shooting her in the head.

Ummmmm......you probably have a very good reason (or reasons), but instead of a neighbor....why didn't you take the animal to a vet???

I know....I know....bullets are cheaper than veterinary care....besides, you get to practice your "up close" marksmanship!! Nothing but positives here, right??

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
26-05-2014, 09:30 AM
(25-05-2014 09:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 03:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Was I offened? No.
Isn't the real question whether or not you were offended? Shy

Must still be on the dope...Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-05-2014, 09:37 AM
(26-05-2014 09:28 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  

When I was cutting grass she was lying in my front yard. I went right up to her and she let me pet her and love on her. She even let me pick her up and was purring the whole time. we really bonded in those few minutes and she trusted me completely. I could tell she was in a considerable amount of pain and to top it off she was weezing really badly. I can only assume this was fluid on the lungs from the trauma.

I took her around to all the neighbors and found out she had no owner and people had just been giving her scraps here and there. She also had a mark on her neck where she had outgrown her kitten collar and it was never taken off. I'm assuming she worked it off or someone took it off.

Anyway, the poor cat was suffering... I'm not paying to take her to a vet or anything like that and shelters won't take stray cats.

I brought the cat in my back yard. She got really scared. I didn't want to do what I was about to do, but I could not let her suffer. she couldn't hunt or get away from danger. She looked back at me and then looked forward again. I pointed my gun at the back of her head and pulled the trigger. I shot her again just to make sure. I almost threw up.

I buried her in the woods behind my house. I'm never going to forget the image of me shooting her in the head.

Ummmmm......you probably have a very good reason (or reasons), but instead of a neighbor....why didn't you take the animal to a vet???

I know....I know....bullets are cheaper than veterinary care....besides, you get to practice your "up close" marksmanship!! Nothing but positives here, right??

Making all kinds of friends today I see.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-05-2014, 09:45 AM

He went to the neighbors to see if any of them knew who the cat belonged to, not for them to assist. It wasn't his cat and ER vet calls are quite expensive. Was it really his duty to take on that financial burden?

I, however, could have gone to my neighbor...he is a vet...our vet, in fact.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-05-2014, 10:45 AM
(26-05-2014 09:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It wasn't his cat and ER vet calls are quite expensive. Was it really his duty to take on that financial burden?

Vets in my area wouldn't charge me if it wasn't my cat and I was just being a good samaritan. They would decide whether to treat the cat or put it down and I would be relieved of the burden of making that call. It doesn't traumatize the cat to put a bullet in the back of its head but it would traumatize me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2014, 10:46 AM
(26-05-2014 10:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 09:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It wasn't his cat and ER vet calls are quite expensive. Was it really his duty to take on that financial burden?

Vets in my area wouldn't charge me if it wasn't my cat and I was just being a good samaritan. They would decide whether to treat the cat or put it down and I would be relieved of the burden of making that call. It doesn't traumatize the cat to put a bullet in the back of its head but it would traumatize me.

Not all vets are like that, sadly. But since our vet clinic also works with the big cat rescue in town, they would have helped one way or another.

(Big cat - lions and tigers and the like)

26-05-2014, 10:51 AM

jackass

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
26-05-2014, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2014 11:01 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2014 10:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Vets in my area wouldn't charge me if it wasn't my cat and I was just being a good samaritan. They would decide whether to treat the cat or put it down and I would be relieved of the burden of making that call. It doesn't traumatize the cat to put a bullet in the back of its head but it would traumatize me.

Not all vets are like that, sadly.

Doesn't sound like a proper vet to me. That vet's gonna get hurt cats and dogs left anonymously in boxes at their front door. Likely a primary consideration of the vets in my area. Well that and they're humane.

(26-05-2014 10:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But since our vet clinic also works with the big cat rescue in town, they would have helped one way or another.

(Big cat - lions and tigers and the like)

You can own lions and tigers and bears as pets in Texas? Just another reason to restrict my exposure to Texas to the DFW airport. Bechased

#sigh
26-05-2014, 10:59 AM
(26-05-2014 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not all vets are like that, sadly.

Doesn't sound like a proper vet to me. That vet's gonna get hurt cats and dogs left anonymously in boxes at their front door. Likely a primary consideration of the vets in my area. Well that and they're humane.

They're not. But like any other profession there are those that get into it for the money and for no other reason.