Did I do right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Did I do right?
(26-05-2014 10:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 09:28 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  Ummmmm......you probably have a very good reason (or reasons), but instead of a neighbor....why didn't you take the animal to a vet???

I know....I know....bullets are cheaper than veterinary care....besides, you get to practice your "up close" marksmanship!! Nothing but positives here, right??

jackass
Well, that's exactly what happens when you don't post stuff like this in the "Personal Issues and Support" section. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
26-05-2014, 11:06 AM
(26-05-2014 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But since our vet clinic also works with the big cat rescue in town, they would have helped one way or another.

(Big cat - lions and tigers and the like)

You can own lions and tigers and bears as pets in Texas? Just another reason to restrict my exposure to Texas to the DFW airport. Bechased

These are cats from all over that people had for whatever reason and can't or shouldn't have. Often quite neglected and in need of a lot of care.

http://www.insyncexotics.com/

Right outside the town where I live.

But, I have seen camels and zebras and all manner of other strange and wonderful critters around here...some right outside our subdivision.

Oh, and from where I live...DFW airport is wayyyyyyyy over there...it's like a hour drive at the best of times from here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-05-2014, 11:11 AM
(26-05-2014 11:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You can own lions and tigers and bears as pets in Texas? Just another reason to restrict my exposure to Texas to the DFW airport. Bechased

These are cats from all over that people had for whatever reason and can't or shouldn't have. Often quite neglected and in need of a lot of care.

What the hell do they do with them? Only thing I can think of is finding zoos to place them in. Is that what they do?

(26-05-2014 11:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But, I have seen camels and zebras and all manner of other strange and wonderful critters around here...some right outside our subdivision.

I'd think my kids' slipped me some windowpane if I saw something like that. Hobo

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2014, 11:16 AM
(26-05-2014 11:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  These are cats from all over that people had for whatever reason and can't or shouldn't have. Often quite neglected and in need of a lot of care.

What the hell do they do with them? Only thing I can think of is finding zoos to place them in. Is that what they do?

(26-05-2014 11:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But, I have seen camels and zebras and all manner of other strange and wonderful critters around here...some right outside our subdivision.

I'd think my kids' slipped me some windowpane if I saw something like that. Hobo

It's a sanctuary. They get the cats they can back to health and give them what is a zoo-like environment to live out their lives. Some have been so badly ill-treated that a zoo probably wouldn't take them. They are open to the public to come and see the cats and they hold all sorts of events like camp outs and Easter Egg hunts.

And on the other...bite me...when I first told my husband I saw camels about half a mile from here he wanted to know what I had been smoking. I made him get in the car with me to go see them. He's the one that spotted the zebra.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-05-2014, 11:18 AM
(26-05-2014 11:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  jackass
Well, that's exactly what happens when you don't post stuff like this in the "Personal Issues and Support" section. Sleepy

I don't want nor do I need protection from mine or anyone else's opinion. I can hold my own. Plus, I want to be able to call a spade a spade and tell someone they're being a jackass when they are.

It's also interesting how brave someone gets when they're hidden behind the anonymity of the Internet. I would love to see him imply that I enjoyed what I did to my face.

I would probably throw my Christian "turn the other cheek" out the window and hit his with a left hook. I'm a Christian; not a saint.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
26-05-2014, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2014 01:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2014 11:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a sanctuary. They get the cats they can back to health and give them what is a zoo-like environment to live out their lives. Some have been so badly ill-treated that a zoo probably wouldn't take them. They are open to the public to come and see the cats and they hold all sorts of events like camp outs and Easter Egg hunts.

That's gotta be expensive.

(26-05-2014 11:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  And on the other...bite me...when I first told my husband I saw camels about half a mile from here he wanted to know what I had been smoking. I made him get in the car with me to go see them. He's the one that spotted the zebra.

Well if you wanna see llamas and ostriches in Maryland I can show you farms where they raise them for wool and feathers and meat and ostrich eggs. But if you want to see camels and zebras outside of the National Zoo you gonna have to take this blotter. Just stick it under your tongue. Big Grin

(26-05-2014 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, that's exactly what happens when you don't post stuff like this in the "Personal Issues and Support" section. Sleepy

I don't want nor do I need protection from mine or anyone else's opinion. I can hold my own. Plus, I want to be able to call a spade a spade and tell someone they're being a jackass when they are.

It's also interesting how brave someone gets when they're hidden behind the anonymity of the Internet. I would love to see him imply that I enjoyed what I did to my face.

I would probably throw my Christian "turn the other cheek" out the window and hit his with a left hook. I'm a Christian; not a saint.

Dude's like almost 70 yo. You might kill him with a left hook. Girly's a bigger pacifist than the Calvinist? Go figure. Maybe Girly's more Christian than the Calvinist? Consider This is why you don't deliver a left hook outside of a boxing ring. Ever.

WARNING: This poor motherfucker was dead when he hit the ground. If that will disturb you don't watch it. I know it disturbed the fuck outta me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
(26-05-2014 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm a Christian; not a saint.

^^Both of those^^ are human constructs.

You are a human. Don't even pretend to be any more or less than you are. Drinking Beverage My left hook is far sneakier than yours.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-05-2014, 09:19 AM
(26-05-2014 11:27 AM)kim Wrote:  My left hook is far sneakier than yours.

Yabut, I'm left-handed.

27-05-2014, 09:25 AM
(26-05-2014 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude's like almost 70 yo. You might kill him with a left hook. Girly's a bigger pacifist than the Calvinist? Go figure. Maybe Girly's more Christian than the Calvinist? Consider This is why you don't deliver a left hook outside of a boxing ring. Ever.

I think it's the Fioricet, honestly. It's been changing my behavior. Removing my filter. Making me more hostile.

All that being said, I still think I would punch or headbutt someone if they made that comment to my face. To even imply that someone enjoys invoking a gruesome, albeit compassionate death, is pretty strong language and a pretty large insult to someone's character.

Edit: Being 70 years old doesn't give you a free pass at being a jackass either. If anything, you should have learned to be more careful with your words and understand the cause and effect if you directly insult someone's character.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
27-05-2014, 09:27 AM
(27-05-2014 09:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude's like almost 70 yo. You might kill him with a left hook. Girly's a bigger pacifist than the Calvinist? Go figure. Maybe Girly's more Christian than the Calvinist? Consider This is why you don't deliver a left hook outside of a boxing ring. Ever.

I think it's the Fioricet, honestly. It's been changing my behavior. Removing my filter. Making me more hostile.

All that being said, I still think I would punch or headbutt someone if they made that comment to my face. To even imply that someone enjoys invoking a gruesome, albeit compassionate death, is pretty strong language and a pretty large insult to someone's character.

Yeah he was egging a fight on in more than one thread (thus my comment). Must have gotten up on the wrong side of the coffin.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post