Did I just get preached to at work? What would you do in my situation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Did I just get preached to at work? What would you do in my situation?
Hey, earmuffs.

Word.

Hey, Dark Light.

I'm not suggesting that you're Carlos the Jackal, but the job of the armed forces is blowin' shit up and killing people. If you can't recognise that, then there's a pretty big disconnect going on. As a member of the US Armed Forces, as the saying goes, killing is your business and business is good.

If he didn't break a reg, then it sounds like a personal problem to me. Free speech and all. Isn't that what you're defending? Isn't that why you signed your unlimited liability form?

Speaking of the Navy, I always liked this Marine Corps sermon:

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Stand up during his speech and each time he tries to speak about "divine intervention" remind him that ...

[ god can't intervene in the affairs of human beings as long as we have free will. It goes against his plan. But you know as well as I do that those who talk about intervention are usually agents of Satan. Who intervenes in human affairs ? Satan does. Goes all the way back to Adam and Eve and the serpent who intervened. If you keep talking about divine intervention, we all will know what side you're speaking from. God watches over but never intervenes. If he did it would break free will and then we couldn't be judged for our actions because they wouldn't be our actions anymore, now would they.]

If you're command officials are religious, use it against them. Paint people who preach as agents of Satan.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-01-2013, 09:54 AM
(13-01-2013 09:49 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Stand up during his speech and each time he tries to speak about "divine intervention" remind him that ...

[ god can't intervene in the affairs of human beings as long as we have free will. It goes against his plan. But you know as well as I do that those who talk about intervention are usually agents of Satan. Who intervenes in human affairs ? Satan does. Goes all the way back to Adam and Eve and the serpent who intervened. If you keep talking about divine intervention, we all will know what side you're speaking from. God watches over but never intervenes. If he did it would break free will and then we couldn't be judged for our actions because they wouldn't be our actions anymore, now would they.]

If you're command officials are religious, use it against them. Paint people who preach as agents of Satan.

Dude, that is Censored EPIC! Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
13-01-2013, 04:13 PM
(12-01-2013 10:43 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Girly,

I know your kinda upset with some forum shit, but I was hoping you might weigh in here as this is right up your alley. If your lurking give me your 2 cents here, or PM me.

Girly don't get upset no more, DarkLight. Girly still does get disappointed from time to time but I'm working on making sure that don't happen either.

I'd go to my CO and tell him I was really uncomfortable with that presentation. I would make sure my CO realized I was not lodging a formal complaint, but merely expressing my discomfort. And then I'd watch what my CO did.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-01-2013, 04:38 PM
This recently happened with my niece. 7 years old and at her public school and was forced to sit through a religious lecture by a church group. My sister (who is also atheist) is already livid due to all the horrible things that have happened to my niece at that school (kids telling her shes going to burn in hell for celebrating halloween, how being gay is evil and gays "arent real people", etc....)

Its hard to be so far away and unable to help.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard